Kentucky clerk refused have same sex marriages license!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara1981

Reaction score
'It's a Heaven or Hell decision': Kentucky clerk who is defying Supreme Court and refusing to issue same-sex marriage licenses WON'T back down in the face of angry protests
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ears-clerk-resisting-sex-marriage-ruling.html
She is losers!! What you thought on article!?! President Obama grant fifty state for same sex marriage and same sex dating she have no respectively!!

Rowan County Clerk Defies Judge, Refuses To Issue Marriage Licenses
http://www.lex18.com/story/29929988...efies-judge-refuses-to-issue-marriage-license

Kentucky clerk still refusing same-sex marriage licenses
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kentucky-clerk-still-refusing-marriage-licenses-for-same-sex-couples/

Kentucky clerk refusing gay marriage licences has been married FOUR times and gave birth to twins out of wedlock
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...is-married-FOUR-times-gave-birth-wedlock.html

Her court this Thursday news says I will kept post on article

Last edited:
Good for her..
She has a back bone, and wont let the state, dicate her faith..
Anyone here thinks its a good idea for the state to force people to do things against their beliefs, is short sighted.
No good comes from the state forcing others to go against their religion.
(Im not a christian,)
If the state can.force you to go against your faith, what ever that maybe....wont be long before its forcing you to do what ever it likes....
Be warned...
Be carefull what you wish for....

Good for her..
Anyone here thinks its a good idea for the state to force people to do things against their beliefs, is short sighted.
(Im not a christian,)
If the state can.force you to go against your faith, what ever that maybe....wont be long before its forcing you to do what ever it likes....
Be warned...

Uh no, if you let your emotion/religious beliefs take over your job, then you shouldn't be working in the first place, she should just do her job or resign. You are allowed to have freedom of religion, yes... However... The moment you use it to discriminate any certain group... Well... They're the one who are being short-sighted, not the people that think it's good idea to have state/Supreme Court that are forcing her to do her job (which she should be without having religion taking control of her job). I do hope she at least get stripped of her job or thrown in jail for being a discriminative bigot.

She would get fired the moment she refuse to issue the marriage certificate to the same-sex couple in Canada and some part of Europe. It's pretty sad that America are still close-minded with some things and some people actually get away with discrimination as long as they pull the religion card in America.

Canada and some part of Europe do have freedom of religion too but as soon as you start to discriminate or hate on certain group of people because of your religious beliefs then well... Yeah, they won't tolerate that kind of crap.

Also... Such a delusional hypocrite, she got married four times as well... But oh well, some bigots love to cherry-pick the religion stuffs.

I'm sorry but most people that follow religions also forgot the most important rule as well and that is to love anyone no matter what, to accept everyone for who they are, and to NOT JUDGE/DISCRIMINATE them for who they are.

Good for her..
(Im not a christian,)
Be warned...

Yeah objects to gay marriage because it's against her religion but she has been divorced 3 times. She is just another ignorant right wing hypocritical bigot.

She has no right to impose her religious beliefs on others when acting in her job with the government.
That is directly in violation of the freedom of religion. You cannot force your beliefs on others if you work for the government...
If she doesn't like it. Get a different job.

[

Uh no, if you let your emotion/religious beliefs take over your job, then you shouldn't be working in the first place,.
People have their faith, that to them isnt just easily left at the door, do you leave your politics and morals at your door? Does any really?

Uh she should just do her job or resign. .
Why? Why cant another in the office who supports it do the paperwork?

You are allowed to have freedom of religion, yes... However... The moment you use it to discriminate any certain group... Well... They're the one who are being short-sighted, not the people that think it's good idea to have state/Supreme Court that are forcing her to do her job (which she should be without having religion taking control of her job).
How many christians live in the united states? If forcing them to do your will, and act against their faith a ling term position that is wise?
Is tolerance a one way street with you?

I do hope she at least get stripped of her job or thrown in jail for being a discriminative bigot.

Look whos talking...you want to toss a women in jail, and strip her of her livlihood who not signing a paper and doing paperwork...

She would get fired the moment she refuse to issue the marriage certificate to the same-sex couple in Canada and some part of Europe. It's pretty sad that America are still close-minded with some things and some people actually get away with discrimination as long as they pull the religion card in America.

Is the state forcing people to act against their faith a good thing?

Canada and some part of Europe do have freedom of religion too but as soon as you start to discriminate or hate on certain group of people because of your religious beliefs then well... Yeah, they won't tolerate that kind of crap.

Why can we not tolerate her?

Also... Such a delusional hypocrite, she got married four times as well... But oh well, some bigots love to cherry-pick the religion stuffs..

I'm sorry but most people that follow religions also forgot the most important rule as well and that is to love anyone no matter what, to accept everyone for who they are, and to NOT JUDGE/DISCRIMINATE them for who they are.[/QUOTE]
Are you capible of discussing issues without ad hominum?
You made a broad huge sweeping statement about most people who are religious...you dont know what they believe clear from your post.
Tolerance is is not a one sided by the threat of the state idea...thats called dictating...not tolerance...

Yeah objects to gay marriage because it's against her religion but she has been divorced 3 times. She is just another ignorant right wing hypocritical bigot.

She has no right to impose her religious beliefs on others when acting in her job with the government.
That is directly in violation of the freedom of religion. You cannot force your beliefs on others if you work for the government...
If she doesn't like it. Get a different job.

Let me ask you a question...
How is she imposing on any one?

Just to.be clear...though my posts stand clear to my position in other threads...
I support gay marriege...i support complete rights. And total freedom of the individual...im an anarchist...and do not support forcing any one to act against their beliefs, or heart...either by threat of jail, or firing, or any other coercion cooked up to force a person to act against their heart and wishes...
(Just so im not painted as some weird right wing, tea party gop..or what ever ad hominum will be tossed...)

Let me ask you a question...
How is she imposing on any one?
Because she is imposing her personal/religious views of marriage upon other people by refusing to carry out the duties of her job and in violation of the USBOR and SCOTUS. How you cannot see this I don't understand.

Because she is imposing her personal/religious views of marriage upon other people by refusing to carry out the duties of her job and in violation of the USBOR and SCOTUS. How you cannot see this I don't understand.

Refusing to process paperwork isnt imposing...why csnt both positions be tolerated? ( a word some here should get better aquainted with)
Can not at her work place others who support it,and dont share her faith do the rubber stamping?
Seems to me this is just about forcing someone to lick boots....and do what their told!!!! Or else..
Ominous

Refusing to process paperwork isnt imposing...why csnt both positions be tolerated? ( a word some here should get better aquainted with)
Can not at her work place others who support it,and dont share her faith do the rubber stamping?
Seems to me this is just about forcing someone to lick boots....and do what their told!!!! Or else..
Ominous
Refusing to issue a marriage license that is part of your job and mandated by SCOTUS and federal law is as imposing as you can get. Suppose a Muslim was the county clerk and refused to issue or serve any woman not wearing a habib (whatever it's called) because it violates their religious belief. Or refused to issue marriage license to non Muslims because it violates their belief. What if Muslim cops arrest people for violating Shaira laws because the have acted against the cops religion. The surgeon that refused to do a blood transfusion beause it violates their religious beliefs.

It's all the same. America is governed by the laws of man. You are free to believe what you want but not permitted to force those beliefs on others because the minute you do you have violated the other person's freedom of religion!

Why? Why cant another in the office who supports it do the paperwork?

I have read that there are at least 2-3 others in the same office- one of them being her son. From what I read, it was said that she directed that ALL marriage requests (or just gay I don't know) be sent to HER. Whether or not she is the senior person in that office I don't know but there you have it. That's why someone else in her office didn't do it-- because she had all of the requests funneled to her.

It does make sense if one clerk doesn't want to do it then another should be assigned to do so. That wasn't done in this Kentucky office.

Refusing to issue a marriage license that is part of your job and mandated by SCOTUS and federal law is as imposing as you can get. Suppose a Muslim was the county clerk and refused to issue or serve any woman not wearing a habib (whatever it's called) because it violates their religious belief. Or refused to issue marriage license to non Muslims because it violates their belief. What if Muslim cops arrest people for violating Shaira laws because the have acted against the cops religion. The surgeon that refused to do a blood transfusion beause it violates their religious beliefs.

It's all the same. America is governed by the laws of man. You are free to believe what you want but not permitted to force those beliefs on others because the minute you do you have violated the other person's freedom of religion!

You seem to be forcing others to aft against their will and heart...
How lomg has she worked at this job?
How long ago did scotus decide?
Yeah i get it...right now the state is siding with your position.....dont kid yoirself if you think the amount of christians and others living in your nation will meaklybaccept authoritsrian dictates....
It breads resentment, it will bread many plms don the rosd..but you too short sighted to see it....
(Shakes heads)
Like all authoritarians....
It would be funny if it wasnt so sad.

Kim Davis needs go to jail for contempt of court.

I believe that state governor should have authority to fire the clerk for contempt of court.

I have read that there are at least 2-3 others in the same office- one of them being her son. From what I read, it was said that she directed that ALL marriage requests (or just gay I don't know) be sent to HER. Whether or not she is the senior person in that office I don't know but there you have it. That's why someone else in her office didn't do it-- because she had all of the requests funneled to her.

It does make sense if one clerk doesn't want to do it then another should be assigned to do so. That wasn't done in this Kentucky office.

deafducky my position in a nutshell, you pretty well summed up in your last lines...
I think it wasnt right nor should be tolerated that she used her authority to prevent others from signing the papers..but i have no plmwith anyone themselves refusing....its their heart, their mind snd will...its called.freedomit sucks to many to tolerate, but thats the very idea of tolerating....

Jail really?lol..
So mucj for tokerance...
Anyway.....enjoy it while it lasts....start putting old ladies in jail for following their fsith....(shakes head)....
See how that goes long term...guess violent offenders could be relseased to make.room for her...mmmm
Anyway...

Jail really?lol..
So mucj for tokerance...
Anyway.....enjoy it while it lasts....start putting old ladies in jail for following their fsith....(shakes head)....
See how that goes long term...guess violent offenders could be relseased to make.room for her...mmmm
Anyway...

You can go to jail for contempt of court, seriously.

You can go to jail for contempt of court, seriously.

Indeed you.can.
Nothing better then jaiing old women for their faith, to stir those who believe as her (they will seeit as such...)
Anyway
Happy jailing
(Shakes head)

Indeed you.can.
Nothing better then jaiing old women for their faith, to stir those who believe as her (they will seeit as such...)
Anyway
Happy jailing
(Shakes head)

She works for government so she can't impose her belief on anyone.

Government and church are separated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back