Stories and Poetry, show of hands?

BeingDanny

Reaction score
I'm curious how many people write stories, poetry, or both. Show of hands as it were? If you write stories, what genre do you tend to favor?

I'm more of a story writer, but I've done poetry as well. I tend to favor fantasy, but I'm a believer that life encompasses all things so the other genres get their 15 minutes in my novels.

What's your thoughts? Your preferences?

I used to write a lot of poetry and had started writing some short stories but never finished them. They were mostly of a fantasy nature type of thing, which is strange because I don't really read any fantasy at all.

How about you?

I used to write a lot of poetry and had started writing some short stories but never finished them. They were mostly of a fantasy nature type of thing, which is strange because I don't really read any fantasy at all.

How about you?

Oh I want to read them. I write songs... I bet your short stories are great.

I'm write stories. I can be lyrical and poetry like sometimes with my writing, but I prefer stories. Lyrical style of writing doesn't always fit my kind of stories.

I just finished the rough draft of my first novel, going through editing stages now. The genre is Fantasy with realism. I enjoy writing poetry here and there also! Glad to find some fellow writers! :)

Wirelessly posted

I write a humorous column of short stories on my blog about issues that affect families and family life. Haven't written any for a while since my health issues, but hope to again someday. I have also written serious articles too.

Last edited:
I write what one might call 'epic' poetry, the not too emotional and strictly rhyming variety.

I've never gotten more than a few pages in writing prose, though. I think I'm terribly boring to read :p

I'm a sci-fi writer usually, though I do like to dabble in fantasy.

I write both short stories and poems just for fun. Like those poems with a musical flavor.

I write all types of thing: short story, poems, and novels. I self published one of my short stories and am working on a few novels. I tend to favor fantasy/supernatural, but I would like to try sci-fi. :)

I'm good at writing papers for school. As far as creative writing, I'm pretty terrible at that. :D Poetry.... Whew, definitely not gifted at that either. I always enjoy reading though! :D

I am good with persuasive essays, anything that looks like a presentation, story writing no genre in specific. Just don't aks em about poetry because I am horrible at it. But my brother was awesome at poetry.

*rasies my hand*

I do. I currently finished the NaNoWriMo (National Novel Write Month) event for 50k words goal. I have some old poems and short stories, too.

Back