Seeking advice

Is it like a "ZAP" noise/feeling like a painless electrical short or current? I get that sometimes when I am lying in bed at night in the quiet. It jolts my whole body for a split second. Usually it feels like it comes from the ceiling... very weird. (I do not have MS and it doesn't happen except when I am lying in bed.)

My tinnitus doesn't seem to be related to other, "real" noises, I can't figure out any pattern.

Omg yes! That's exactly what I mean! I get it pretty much every night, when I'm going to sleep is when it appears, sometimes I get it during the day but not often.
It makes my whole body jump and my heart starts to pound when it happens for a couple of seconds, very weird :S

I think sometimes your tinnitus makes up noises to try and make pitches that you can't maybe hear or something, like I get random high pitched noises and I'm profoundly deaf with high pitched frequencies so maybe the tinnitus is trying to replace things you can't hear.

Omg yes! That's exactly what I mean! I get it pretty much every night, when I'm going to sleep is when it appears, sometimes I get it during the day but not often.
It makes my whole body jump and my heart starts to pound when it happens for a couple of seconds, very weird :S

I think sometimes your tinnitus makes up noises to try and make pitches that you can't maybe hear or something, like I get random high pitched noises and I'm profoundly deaf with high pitched frequencies so maybe the tinnitus is trying to replace things you can't hear.

Well, suddenly I feel significantly less crazy! I don't get the head pounding though.

I like your theory about the tinnitus, I wonder if it is burning out the sounds it plays.

Well, suddenly I feel significantly less crazy! I don't get the head pounding though.

I like your theory about the tinnitus, I wonder if it is burning out the sounds it plays.

I can't believe you knew what I meant, I've been trying to explain it to people for ages but they don't understand, and why I tried to explain it to you I re-read what I wrote and it was rubbish :P lol

It might be, tbh though I make theory's for a lot of things I don't understand lol

Krissy, I saw in your intro that you lost hearing at 14, do you have Otosclerosis?

Well you can buy audio CD's or listen to certain sounds and sometimes it can help reduce tinnitus. Medication is also offered through the GP, but truthfully I wouldn't advise you take them. I had them given to me once, and they're tablets to push blood through your ears so the increased blood flow could help relax your tinnitus, but I got such a severe migraine and my ears were burning, not nice.
You can download noises online like white noise to see if that helps reduce your tinnitus

hey, have you try chiropractor? because it will help your migraine to reduce.

hey, have you try chiropractor? because it will help your migraine to reduce.

No I haven't, but I'll keep it in mind for in future :) thanks for the suggestion
I don't get migraines a lot, and if I do they tend to be from stress but the medication I took for tinnitus gave me such a bad one, it went away when I stopped taking the medication though

Back