CSDVRS Z-ip340 and HOVRS MVP - Comparsion

web730

Reaction score
After finding more and more about the Z-ip340 and MVP (Hovrs' mobile vp) comparison, I then realized that the Z-ip340 would be the best mobile vp of all to the date so far. I really think that MVP is rather over-hyped as clearly noticed in this AD forum. So little said about the Z-ip340 (csdvrs)....

FYI: I really think that Z-ip340 deserves the big attention this time! why so?

Comparsion with the Z-ip340 and MVP:

Z-ip340 has a screen protection whenever traveling by simply closing... that is what MVP lacks. You have to cloth around the MVP or something to make up to protect it while traveling... too risky with MVP.
Z340 :D - MVP :thumbd:

Z-ip340; you use keyboard or remote to command and access... MVP; you have to touch-screen in order to command/access. Since touchscreen is rather so sensitive due to scratching and need to clean/wipe dirties often by finger-touching.

Z-ip340 offers only direct one to one for both VRS and caller(s) on the screen... MVP offers up to 8 callers on the screen. Yet most of the times people would use one to one, anyway. MVP is mere ideal for business(es) and/or organization(s), etc... also a group of friends to share chatting at the same time.
MVP :D - Z340 :thumbd:

Z-ip340; you can order one for $99 ($89 - if you have $10 discount coupon) and no need of hassle to finding contacts in order to get one free like what Hovrs offers you to get it early as possible by sending purple tickets and get as many contacts as you can. I personally prefer to order than doing some hassle to get many contacts as I can... yet it's free but $99 for one I don't mind going for that either especially that it offers better features than MVP, I believe.
Both = tossup

Both offer broadband and WiFi.
Both = tossup

Z-ip340 is lightweight and sleek... might be little better overall than MVP offers. MVP; you have to pay $60 (I was told) for the recharger case that you put MVP inside. (forgot what they call that part as)

VRS services - depends on yet we cannot say till both going out to the public and give it few months more before we can say to compare. Yet we know both VRS services are excellent - better than Sorenson, no question! lol
Both = tossup

Z-ip340 offers 90 days for warranty & parts coverage... MVP; from what I was told that you have to pay for the damage(s) to be fixed... want to know as if it's a fact but friends who attended NAD convention told me so. If true...

Z-ip340 is the ONE I would recommend over the MVP! :D

So far CSDVRS' Z-ip340 beats Hovrs' MVP as explained above based on what I gathered from friends and info online so far. But I'm sure that there are few more features to compare yet we're so limited due to what MVP really offers otherwise.

Feel free to add up more that I might forget something else here and also share your opinions as well. What do you think?

We will inspect all of CSDVRS Z-ip340, HOVRS MVP and Viable VPAD for test. We will make consumer report this autumn.

Last edited:
We will inspect all of CSDVRS Z-ip340, HOVRS MVP and Viable Vision for test. We will make consumer report this autumn.

Yes, we would like to hear more.. thanks and let us know when that comes out.

I think that we would make consumer report for VRS webcam software.

Sorenson EnVision SL
Viable Vision
HOVRS VideoSign 2.5 and VideoSign 3.0 (Coming soon)
CSDVRS The Z™ PC100
CSDVRS xMeeting (MAC)
LifelinksVRS SightSpeed
SprintVRS VideoSign 2.5
And more....

Last edited:
well mvp is free and I dont' mind collecting friends and people for purples . do you have the link for other one so I can so some search on CSDVRS' Z-ip340 thanks .

I think that we would make consumer report for VRS webcam software.

Sorenson EnVision SL
Viable Vision
HOVRS VideoSign 2.5 and VideoSign 3.0 (Coming soon)
CSDVRS The Z™ PC100
CSDVRS xMeeting (MAC)
SightSpeed
and more??

By the way I heard about lifelink for sightspeed is out but not sure someone gave me link and it is no longer available and wonders why ? am I wrong ??Or am I confuse . Oh don't forget Ojo phone too

By the way I heard about lifelink for sightspeed is out but not sure someone gave me link and it is no longer available and wonders why ? am I wrong ??Or am I confuse . Oh don't forget Ojo phone too

You say about ojo phone. Sure!

I can add some desktop videophones for consumer report.

SorensonVRS VP-100
SorensonVRS VP-200
D-Link i2eye DVC-1000
D-Link i2eye DVC-2000
CSDVRS The Z™ Model 150
SnapVRS OJO PVP-9000
SnapVRS OJO PVP-1000

This thread is all about the mobile videophones, actually.

Although I forgot to add Viable VPAD, but we already knew how VPAD performs. It has improved some bit of late.

However, I don't mind to share the comparison of others aka webcam software and videophones, etc.

I've heard of viable vision but they are not out are they???

Viable Vision is the computer based software for computer geeks to use. :laugh2: but an excellent software than Sorenson EvisionSL. But you should be techically minded if the VPAD fucks up, you can be more senstive to see if this can be fixed, I have two damaged VPADs at my place. The touchscreen is a BIG issue unfortunately. I am looking forward to experiement the MVP :)

ok if vpad tochscreen screws up just plug in usb mouse to fix it ive used usb mini keyboard and usb mini mouse hooked up to a usb hub and it works

ok if vpad tochscreen screws up just plug in usb mouse to fix it ive used usb mini keyboard and usb mini mouse hooked up to a usb hub and it works

Yes, I know and I used that sometimes - but my own VPAD works fine.

What's more about the Z 340? You can have two batteries. For example, it dies out, you can quickly replace it with other battery while MVP has only one. That you have to send for a replacement battery, what are you going to do with "dead" MVP?

Okay, I know some of you say "why buy VP while others are free?" Let me explain the reason why I believe buying a VP is the best way to go. It's all about consumer's rights and power. It empowers you to tell VRS company with the product issues, also tell FCC how you feel or think because you OWN your VP. The VRS companies and FCC would listen to the buying consumers. Think about that. I would prefer to buy any deaf products so I have every right to make my decisions, complaints, suggestions and whatnot.

I don't think deaf people shouldn't take anything free for granted. It's my personal opinion. We should be equal to the hearing people who buys stuff as well.

What's more about the Z 340? You can have two batteries. For example, it dies out, you can quickly replace it with other battery while MVP has only one. That you have to send for a replacement battery, what are you going to do with "dead" MVP?

Okay, I know some of you say "why buy VP while others are free?" Let me explain the reason why I believe buying a VP is the best way to go. It's all about consumer's rights and power. It empowers you to tell VRS company with the product issues, also tell FCC how you feel or think because you OWN your VP. The VRS companies and FCC would listen to the buying consumers. Think about that. I would prefer to buy any deaf products so I have every right to make my decisions, complaints, suggestions and whatnot.

I don't think deaf people shouldn't take anything free for granted. It's my personal opinion. We should be equal to the hearing people who buys stuff as well.

There you said it - true!

It's what Deaf Mortgage, few others, and I said the same thing, too.

Thanks. I hope others take the notice on this reason and understand why it's good way to buy the VPs.

Yep! Unfortunately, many rather look for some freebies despite lack of some freedom that some overlooked. :roll: lol

Yep! Unfortunately, many rather look for some freebies despite lack of some freedom that some overlooked. :roll: lol

Yeah I know but we won't give up. Once I get the Z and see if it's any worth it, I plan on vlogging about it and explain whatever I set my mind to. Hopefully, my message may come across them.

Back