What Does It Mean When Your Partner Won’t Introduce You To His Family And Friends?

GarnetTigerMom

Reaction score
WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN YOUR PARTNER WON’T INTRODUCE YOU TO HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS?

A woman been dating a man for nine months who won’t introduce her to his family and friends. She know he has children from a former marriage, and she haven’t even met them. Most of the time, they spend alone at her apartment or his condo, and when they do go out, it’s always at the last minute. He claims that he is a private person, and that he doesn’t want to bring other people into our relationship, but something doesn’t feel right to her. What does this mean? So what would you advice her on this? Let hear some of your opinions.

A former co-worker was in the same situtation. She never had been to her boyfriend's house, either. It turned out that he is married. She is out of that relationship.
Another reason popped in my head. If she is deaf and the bf is not deaf, maybe he is ashamed that she is deaf and refused to introduce her to his family. It sounds like he only want her for sex, nothing else. If I were her, I would drop him fast.

It's certainly a red flag that something's not right in the relationship.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN YOUR PARTNER WON’T INTRODUCE YOU TO HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS?

A woman been dating a man for nine months who won’t introduce her to his family and friends. She know he has children from a former marriage, and she haven’t even met them. Most of the time, they spend alone at her apartment or his condo, and when they do go out, it’s always at the last minute. He claims that he is a private person, and that he doesn’t want to bring other people into our relationship, but something doesn’t feel right to her. What does this mean? So what would you advice her on this? Let hear some of your opinions.

My first thought is this guy is married............but she should talk to him and ask him why.

She isn't ready.

And also, her family and friends might tell him things that would embarrass her.

Her family and friends might criticize her.

DUMP HIM....DUMP HIM.......DUMP HIM..........real fast!!!!!
He's either married or ashamed of her so why lose her self respect for a loser.

A former co-worker was in the same situtation. She never had been to her boyfriend's house, either. It turned out that he is married. She is out of that relationship.
Another reason popped in my head. If she is deaf and the bf is not deaf, maybe he is ashamed that she is deaf and refused to introduce her to his family. It sounds like he only want her for sex, nothing else. If I were her, I would drop him fast.

You could be right but what if the guy is deaf too? he could just have been having same behavor pattern like hearing guys too. smile.

She isn't ready.

And also, her family and friends might tell him things that would embarrass her.

Her family and friends might criticize her.

it not her, who embrassas,, the the guy himself is embarrass or either not ready to introduce her to his family.

My first thought is this guy is married............but she should talk to him and ask him why.

I’ll bet she known deep down inside herself, but haven't want to face it, because it means confronting him and if she have any self-respect, she should end the relationship immediately. I believe the respect is the key word here. He obviously didn't want to respect her so his behavior is totally disrespectful. I think this may sound terrbile that he may be married or invoved with someone else and that call it cheating. So the sneaking around and staying inside and keeping her isolated from the rest of his life seems not right. She should asked herself why she put up with this kind of treatment for so long? What in her emotional past attracts her to the men who treat her like she not important? What are some ways she can kept her self in denial about something that so obvious the kind of man he is?

I think it time for her to love herself enough to know she don't deserve to be treated like some awful secret. THe man who is lucky enough to be with her should be proud and honored to have her in his life and showing her off to people he knows. I think she better off to someone better.

Tell you honest that man is wrong.. woman need to dump him Because he not open person in relationship to her... I believe that relationship require to be open to each others to be trust. I think maybe this man is dating few different women at same time because he won't introduce her to meet his family and friends so it seem he is hiding something..

Last edited:
I have a girlfriend who was dating this LOSER off and on for 10 years. During the entire time, he DID not bring her home or even tell anyone they were dating. I told her he is a jerk and she wouldn't talk to me for a year. Yikes!

I played matchmaker recently for this friend and he already took her to meet his parents and friends!

She now says she really regretted wasting ten years on this loser.

I have a girlfriend who was dating this LOSER off and on for 10 years. During the entire time, he DID not bring her home or even tell anyone they were dating. I told her he is a jerk and she wouldn't talk to me for a year. Yikes!

I played matchmaker recently for this friend and he already took her to meet his parents and friends!

She now says she really regretted wasting ten years on this loser.

ahh I know that feeilng my sister dated a guy and married the jerk and finally divorced him. They say that love is "blind", she didn't speak to me for 5 years. But we are better now. :)

ahh I know that feeilng my sister dated a guy and married the jerk and finally divorced him. They say that love is "blind", she didn't speak to me for 5 years. But we are better now. :)

Believe it or not, she and this guy s parents lived across the street from each other!! Neither parents knew - he would claim that he wasnt ready or he was depressed or he was too poor to be really "dating" ..blah blah blah

My girlfriend is now dating this guy of only THREE weeks and he is already so damn proud of her. Clearly he has nothing to hide or be ashamed of.

From my own experiences, I do not bring home a guy unless I am very certain that I feel very strongly about him. I wouldnt want my parents to meet 100 Daves or 50 Joes or 75 Mikes LOL as I have dated quite frequently in my lifetime.

I think that this guy is clearly not ready for a relationship - he just wants a companion to be around when HE wants it. Booty call, friends with benefits, etc ..you name it.

She has 2 choices - either run or stay - but unfortunately if she has poor self esteem, she may not run and hopes instead that he will come around to his senses.

Believe it or not, she and this guy s parents lived across the street from each other!! Neither parents knew - he would claim that he wasnt ready or he was depressed or he was too poor to be really "dating" ..blah blah blah

My girlfriend is now dating this guy of only THREE weeks and he is already so damn proud of her. Clearly he has nothing to hide or be ashamed of.

ah some guys never learn do they? tsk There not too many good guys around to be proud of the woman they date to show her off. wow.

Haha, that sound like my ex with the :asshole: she cheated on me with! nuf said. :giggle:

I agree with many of u here. Something fishy is going on so it is time for this woman to take some action.

Back