What you think ?

eggyman

Reaction score
Hello had anyone experiencing when the speech processor is switch on and can hear whining sound and if i turn coil (magnet) away from my head no whining sound .It is very strange sound and i don't think is coming from tittinus
I just had Ci tuning session ,i am really happy with the hearing performances but i don't want the whining sound is still there .
Thank steven

senionerual hearing loss 2011
med el implanted july 19th 2012
Ci switch on aug 23rd 2012

is it like a beep? Cause you can turn that off (assuming you have the N5 right?)
Hello baseballboy . Not a beep is just eeeeeeeeee sound all day while the speech processor is on n no not n5 I had med el conterco. Just bit worried that might be the implant itself the faulty ?

This really is a question for your aud. However , to me , it reads as if this could just be your brain adjusting to the stimulation. You JUST had this thing activated a month ago. it takes a while for things to settle down and even out. Most likely its actual an actual sound that you are hearing , just not yet able to interpret properly. Do you have any training software ?

Give it time , and discuss things with your aud. The first few months of programming are generally setting the levels as your head heals around the implant.

This really is a question for your aud. However , to me , it reads as if this could just be your brain adjusting to the stimulation. You JUST had this thing activated a month ago. it takes a while for things to settle down and even out. Most likely its actual an actual sound that you are hearing , just not yet able to interpret properly. Do you have any training software ?

Give it time , and discuss things with your aud. The first few months of programming are generally setting the levels as your head heals around the implant.
Hello i have told audiology last week and am going back to manchester hospital this wednesday coming up to see clinical engineer because my electrode number 4 & 5 is already turned off as is causing me twitching .She (audiology) increase volume cause strong twitching so hopefully is will sorted is out by clinical engineer .
I think u are right i just had it activation just over a month ago so will give it time and hopefully that whining sound will fade away.
Training software ? Are you meant Ci tuning session if so yes i had it twice so far also this week wednesday and next week ( final tuning) .
Thank ;)

there might be a sound arund you that could be causing that 'eeeeeeeeeeee" sound. Have you looked around to try to find the source of the sound?

and the training software CJG is talking about, is auditory rehab programs to use to help you learn to hear. You should consider downloading the Angel Sound Training software to your computer, and you can practice your listening skills with it. Download AngelSound

there might be a sound arund you that could be causing that 'eeeeeeeeeeee" sound. Have you looked around to try to find the source of the sound?

and the training software CJG is talking about, is auditory rehab programs to use to help you learn to hear. You should consider downloading the Angel Sound Training software to your computer, and you can practice your listening skills with it. Download AngelSound

hello ,There was no noise in background also my telecoil is off .I have ask my brother if there is any noise in the room he reply no .I know the whining sound is from the implant or speech processor when is switch on not sure or is was soon that i got activation a month ago so will give it time n hopefully will fade away .It is got to be either one them issues .
ahhh the training software ,I do some listening test with my parent and have been doing well so far .All i had to do is look on paper with some word in it n my parent have same copy off me .I put my head down & listen and look paper see what my parent said (without lipreading) :D .Some word was hard to hear but i will get there eventually .
I have downloading a while ago from angel and not use that yet :( i have totally forgot about it . So i will try that soon
Thank

Of course there is going to be no sound when the processor is off. Thats the only way any sound is going to get to your brain. It is very rare to have any natural hearing survive the implant process. Meaning that , implanting that ear has effectively killed any residual hearing you had in that ear.

Even asking a hearing person if there is noise in the room , does not mean that there isn't. Normal hearing people ignore LOTS of low background noises that you may be able to hear through the processor. Over time you will become used to them , and ignore them yourself. As an example , at one programming session , I mentioned to my aud that I heard a background noise that I could not identify. She said that there was no noise in the room. We eventually figured out that it was the fan in her computer that I was hearing.

Training software helps alot .. Especially in the beginning when you are still trying to associate the sound as heard through the processor to what it actually is.Really , I cant stress this enough.

Hello had anyone experiencing when the speech processor is switch on and can hear whining sound and if i turn coil (magnet) away from my head no whining sound .It is very strange sound and i don't think is coming from tittinus
I just had Ci tuning session ,i am really happy with the hearing performances but i don't want the whining sound is still there .
Thank steven

Possible answer? the cochlear implant sounds "mechanical" at first.

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-cochlear-implant-5153793.html

Possible answer? the cochlear implant sounds "mechanical" at first.

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-cochlear-implant-5153793.html

Hello cyborg ,It is funny u say that my cochlear implant sound like mechanical well i tell you that my implant does not sound like mechanical and it is sound very realistic like how i used to hear with dig tail phonak HA but lots better hearing.Listening to music with Ci is unbelievable and can feel music effect on me :) .At first time i had switch on the voices was very strange and in time is eventually got better :P .So i've had Ci tuning session recently twice & have two more to go .It will get better in time
By the way i went to see clinical engineer to sort the twitching out and they did a fantastic job .At the moment i am on about loud hearing level but am near loud but comfortable sound .I can't wait is fully tuned :)
I wish i had Ci earlier but wasn't candidate :D .
thank

Hello cyborg ,It is funny u say that my cochlear implant sound like mechanical well i tell you that my implant does not sound like mechanical and it is sound very realistic like how i used to hear with dig tail phonak HA but lots better hearing.Listening to music with Ci is unbelievable and can feel music effect on me :) .At first time i had switch on the voices was very strange and in time is eventually got better :P .So i've had Ci tuning session recently twice & have two more to go .It will get better in time
By the way i went to see clinical engineer to sort the twitching out and they did a fantastic job .At the moment i am on about loud hearing level but am near loud but comfortable sound .I can't wait is fully tuned :)
I wish i had Ci earlier but wasn't candidate :D .
thank

It sounded like buzzing when the audiologist turned my CI on after mapping the computer. But, it gets realistic over time

you're getting big benefits with the CI. .Congrats

Back