Michael Jackson's Death is ruled Homicide

HOUSTON (Reuters) – Pop star Michael Jackson died from a lethal dose of the powerful anesthetic propofol, according to findings by the Los Angeles chief medical examiner unsealed in court documents in Houston on Monday.

Jackson suffered cardiac arrest and died on June 25 at age 50. Since then, an investigation by state and federal agencies have focused on Conrad Murray, Jackson's personal doctor who was at his side the day he died.

"The Los Angeles Chief Medical Examiner-Coroner, Dr. Sathyavagiswaran, indicated that he had reviewed the preliminary toxicology results and his preliminary assessment of Jackson's cause of death was due to lethal levels of propofol (diprivan)," according to a warrant to search Murray's offices issued by California.

The document was released by the Harris County District Clerk in Houston, where Murray has an office. U.S. agents raided the office on July 22.

In an affidvit seeking the warrant, Houston police officer E.G. Chance said U.S. agents had gathered "items constituting evidence of the offense of manslaughter that tend to show that Dr. Conrad Murray committed the said criminal offense."

Murray's attorney, Ed Chernoff, was not available to comment.

Murray, who was in Jackson's personal bedroom on June 25 administering drugs to ease the pop star to sleep, administered a wide range of drugs to Jackson before he died, including a 25-milligram dose of propofol via an intravenous drip at 10:40 a.m. PDT, the state search warrant said.

Jackson was "very familiar" with propofol and referred to it as his "milk" because of its milky appearance, the warrant said.

In the early hours of June 25, Murray also gave Jackson doses of Valium, ativan, and versed, the filing said.

Jackson went to sleep after Murray administered the propofol, and Murray stayed by his side for about 10 minutes and then left "to go to the restrooom and relieve himself," the search warrant said.

Murray was out of Jackson's room for about 2 minutes and when he returned, Jackson was no longer breathing, the warrant said.

I am not too surprised. Jackson's pictures showed someone who was not in good health.

how does the coroner know it's murder? Anyone can overdose by himself!

That kind of medication is hospital property. Outside of the hospital is illegal, even when a doctor have it with him outside of hospital.

And the MJ fans go nutso....mob mentality to ensue by going after the doctor with pitchforks and torches.

And the MJ fans go nutso....mob mentality to ensue by going after the doctor with pitchforks and torches.

Well, in all honesty, the Dr should be held accountable for this. Otherwise, your statement is a good one.

I'm just glad they didn't find him lying on the bathroom floor with his pants down around his ankles. Once is enough for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonut

Ah such wisdom....thing is, no matter if he was liked or hated, if he was murdered, that means there is a killer that roams free. When someone is killed, society must demand an investigation and possible arrest of the killer. To do anything less would be inhumane. Not surprised that a Conservative beacon would joke about a murder of a likely Liberal. It never ends does it? Let's nuke all them Liberals! Here is the funny part; if Rush Limbaugh were murdered, I would want his killer brought to trial. Make sense? The pitchforks might be in the barn, the torches unlit, but I would still want his killer captured. I now slink back into the night.

Get the killer to the electric chair!! A lottery ticket for the opportunity to pull that switch at $100 bucks per ticket.

I'm just glad they didn't find him lying on the bathroom floor with his pants down around his ankles. Once is enough for that.

I don't think that's even funny.

Death happens everywhere, whether u like it or not.

Well, in all honesty, the Dr should be held accountable for this. Otherwise, your statement is a good one.

Agreed. It's clear to me that the doctor was criminally negligent in administrating the dose to him - not to mention irresponsible. No responsible doctor would be using it outside a hosipital setting or his practice - if his practice was designed for surgery or other uses.

Quote:

Ah such wisdom....thing is, no matter if he was liked or hated, if he was murdered, that means there is a killer that roams free. When someone is killed, society must demand an investigation and possible arrest of the killer. To do anything less would be inhumane. Not surprised that a Conservative beacon would joke about a murder of a likely Liberal. It never ends does it? Let's nuke all them Liberals! Here is the funny part; if Rush Limbaugh were murdered, I would want his killer brought to trial. Make sense? The pitchforks might be in the barn, the torches unlit, but I would still want his killer captured. I now slink back into the night.

:gpost: If it were Bush or Cheney, I would want justice for them. I'm not so sure I'd feel the same about Hitler or Stalin but even they deserve justice though I certainly would feel they should be held accountable for their deeds for the Holocaust or the Great Purge.

Agreed. It's clear to me that the doctor was criminally negligent in administrating the dose to him - not to mention irresponsible. No responsible doctor would be using it outside a hosipital setting or his practice - if his practice was designed for surgery or other uses.

That's right. :gpost:

Quote:

:gpost: If it were Bush or Cheney, I would want justice for them. I'm not so sure I'd feel the same about Hitler or Stalin but even they deserve justice though I certainly would feel they should be held accountable for their deeds for the Holocaust or the Great Purge.

:gpost:

Quote:

Kind of ironic to have that signature line "screaming to be heard" when he uses the silent button.

I agree. Anybody who is responsible for homicide whether it's murder or not (ie. intentional or not) should face jail time and have a record. This includes Ted Kennedy. He should've been charged, arrested and put to jail for the killing of Mary Jo and leaving the scene of an accident and not reporting it until the next day. Yet the ironic thing is that I don't see liberals agreeing to the idea that Kennedy should've been charged for reckless homicide and thrown into the slammer.

I felt that Michael was causing death by himself because He was addicting medications!!!!!! :shrug:

Back