All about diesel power!

Its EPA faggots that oppressed these vehicles, my friend.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

If they allowed that diesel powered police cars in the US, why didn't they allow a diesel Subaru? Maybe its govt exempt?

diehardbiker said:
Its EPA faggots that oppressed these vehicles, my friend.

If they allowed that diesel powered police cars in the US, why didn't they allow a diesel Subaru? Maybe its govt exempt?

Yea, the specs sounds impressive for a 4000 lb diesel sedan.

Hey, Diesel mechanic is not my type but spend 2 years in truck shop, never fell like I am a diesel mechanic. If I want back to be a diesel mechanic right now but too late for my age.

It was just suggests since you always complained about modern car or electric cars all times and you prefer old school like OHV engine. Most diesel engines still use OHV engine. The age is just a number. It's never too late.

Both gas and diesel mechanics work overtimes. In 15 years ago, I worked overtimes at a gas station to finishing the vehicles. One time I worked from 7am to 10pm, made lot money about $1,300 in commission just one day. My salary (15 years ago)was almost $70K a year very hard work. Today the professional mechanics such as MBZ technicians, can earn over $100K a year even not spend overtime works.

Nice, I noticed most diesel mechanics got nice HD motorcycle, nice truck, and nice tools than auto mechanics. I am sure you made good salary since you work so hard for 15 years.

The Highlander said:
sequoias said:

Blame to CARB (California Air Resources Board)

Of course but it isn't fair that police may get those that should be illegal under carb.

Last edited:

Same here, If both Subby and VW TDI emits almost same amount of emission, CARB denies Subby to import to USA, I don't understand.

Nice, I noticed most diesel mechanics got nice HD motorcycle, nice truck, and nice tools than auto mechanics. I am sure you made good salary since you work so hard for 15 years.

Yes, they make good money. Most diesel mechanics earn salary by hourly pay. Most commission paid is gasoline mechanics same as dealerships and independent repair shops.

I bet most of you never heard of E7 before.

E7 got 0-60mph in 6.5 seconds and 30mpg at normal drive which better than most cop vehicles like 8 seconds and 20 mpg.

Yes, E7 use diesel power!

Police Car for Police | Carbon Motors Corporation
Info

Carbon Motors E7: NYPD Cool
performance

Carbon Motors E7 police car Photo Gallery - Autoblog
Pictures

BTW E7 use iPad, it's better than Toughbook for cheap, save space, and less power.

Twin T/C BMW 6 in-line engine? wtf, Sounds same motor what I did smogged a 2009 BMW X5 diesel last summer.

Did you know that diesel vehicle holds its valve better than a gasoline one?

A mechanically injected diesel does not need electricity to keep it going, if your alternator fails, a diesel engine will get you home which gasoline don't.

I seem not understand what you say "that diesel vehicle holds its valve better than a gasoline one" Is it high resale value or the valves in the cylinder head? I guess you are talking about more breather into the valves. Am I wrong?

ROFL! Good catch! I didn't realize this and I was thinking of greenbacks.

I seem not understand what you say "that diesel vehicle holds its valve better than a gasoline one" Is it high resale value or the valves in the cylinder head? I guess you are talking about more breather into the valves. Am I wrong?

This is good advise. The other day I had to drop off my truck to Ford Dealer. Believe it or not, in my hometown, there are only 2 Certified diesel mechanic for all local Ford dealers. Have to book ahead of time and that sucks. I still demand Certified Diesel mechanic cause it is different system than Gasoline and I don't want any rookies to molest my engine!
I had to pay premium for this, oh well.

Shortage of certified diesel mechanics. Plenty non-certified diesel mechanics. You know that some dealerships hire non-certified mechanics. No kidding.

It's value, It was typo. :-o

Yea, I won't be surprised.

Why? Many certified diesel mechanics leave dealership or repair shop to land a new job where? Transport firms like UPS (I can't recall other names of) and journey mechanic which the mechanic like to travel and work alone. I don't know if the certified mechanics at the dealerships in nationwide, start to shrink. Bad. One deaf mechanic (foreign born) works in Las Vegas for food firm, made very good money even he is not a certified diesel mechanic. This story came from the gossip but no proof.

New diesels are quieter, more powerful and cleaner. Altho they got lot of smog/particulate filters and other stuff to make it cleaner. It would be still dirty if it didn't have those stuff.

That is fact on and after 2007 models.

The problem with that is that can't throw in just any Kerosene based fuel in it (Kerosene, heating oil, etc). I rarely do that and reserve it for emergency. Like there is no Diesel around available and that is very rare it would happen.

New diesels are quieter, more powerful and cleaner. Altho they got lot of smog/particulate filters and other stuff to make it cleaner. It would be still dirty if it didn't have those stuff.

My wife and I have talking about possible give Subby a try. If there was Diesel available, we wouldn't have problem buy one.

I avoid VW Diesels only with newer models, they are crazy and insane on cost of repairs. I know because I am former owner of VW Jetta Diesel and I get billed for repairs at least 600 dollars every 6 months, not acceptable for me.

I highly doubt that they are using Diesel more than Gasoline, for one reason, the acceleration is worse than gas. I could be wrong for newer one.

Vw tdi engines

I've reading the VW TDI engine issues from iATN forum, all of them says BEW (engine code) is known for camshaft wear such as flat camshaft lobes that were caused wrong motor oil, must use VW 505-01 oil (available from dealer). No other motor oil used.
BEW engines use rubber timing belts, sounds easy. Wait a minute, you can't do the timing belt job WITHOUT special tools and scan tool (VAG- COM or Ross-tech). The scan tool uses to set final injector timing because the injectors are cam driven.
Another problem is Dual Mass Flywheel that the engine develops vibrates at idle and then disappear while shifting manual tranny. Replace new dual mass flywheel along new clutch assy (OEM parts)

Back