Dammit! Don't read this if you are fragile.

Berry - I'm sorry for your loss. I have added you and your grand daughter to the prayer list.

I'm so sorry to hear this terrible news, I hope your granddaughter finds comfort.

I did read that. I am wondering how it happened. Was it a car accident, sickness etc.

I'm not exactly sure of all the details myself. One of my granddaughters told me the baby has been seeing doctors for a week. I had no knowledge of this.

Seems my granddaughter left the baby with her mother while she went to do something until the baby's father came to pick him up. Apparently he and whoever was with him did not like the way the baby looked and took him to the hospital. That was in the morning.

At one point a staff member told the baby's aunt "There isn't pneumonia, the lungs are clear."

A half hour later the doctor announced the baby's lungs had filled up and he had died of pneumonia.

That is when I was called, I think it was about 9 pm.

The entire episode seems skewed to me.

Maybe when emotions calm down I can get someone to give me clear answers in consecutive order. Until then all I can say is this whole thing seems really really wrong to me.

Hang in there Berry. Thanks for that update. I am sure it's not easy for you right now. Clear your head and if you feel something is amis, then follow your heart and gut instinct. They are usually right.

:( usually staffs don't always know the whole details, Although I do wonder what made the staff member say "pneumonia" and "lung clear" . So that made me think they may have questioning it when they were checking on the baby. I'll trust the doctor on this one.

Berry, I'm very sorry for the tragedy that you and your family are experiencing. I pray that you will be comforted, and that you will get answers to what happened. I will also pray that your granddaughter gets the support and guidance that she needs to make it thru her grief and confusion.

i am sorry Berry

i too lost my sister after she was born so i can understand about losing a child.

Wow, Berry. I can empathize with you, since having a dead baby shoved at you sounds like the Twilight Zone. Take a deep breath and hang in there, my thoughts are with you.

My biggest fear right now is that her being only 16 she has access to people who I would prefer she did not know through school, etc. I know from experience how this kind of thing can turn your mind and your emotions inside out.

I just hope she does not let someone talk her into letting them supply her with chemical answers obtained on the street.

When my late wife died the doctors wanted to give me antidepressants -- And I refused those. I'm glad I did. I worked my way through my own depression.

Anyway I'm very worried about her.

The hospital should have a social worker on staff. You might consider contacting the hospital social worker to get support for your granddaughter and yourself. The social worker should be able to tell you what kind of services and support groups are available in your area.

I'm sorry this had to happen. I can understand this "Is-this-real?" episode, it's like you didn't want to believe it happen but it did at the same time. I hope you and your family will find the answers to what happened. And, as for your granddaughter, I'll pray that she finds the strength through this.

The hospital should have a social worker on staff. You might consider contacting the hospital social worker to get support for your granddaughter and yourself. The social worker should be able to tell you what kind of services and support groups are available in your area.

The social worker was very much in evidence. He was quiet, unassuming, soft eyed, and soft spoken -- And reminded me of a friend of mine who was a sniper during the war.

There just isn't much here besides a Wal Mart and a Cinemax. In spite of being the county seat this is a little two and a half horse hamlet of 12,000 people. The nearest town, 20 miles away only has 4 things to recommend it. A university, a Hula's, a Barnes & Noble, and a Starbucks where some Deaf hang out. They have more, but not a lot.

I love small towns, but you better bring your own support group.

I was asked to sign papers so baby Grayson could be buried with his great Gramma Jodie, my late wife.

She would like that.

Berry, let AD be your support group. This is a real community and people truly care. Safe hugs to you if ok. :hug:

Back