New hearing aids and recent audiogram :)

candybrowneyes

Reaction score
So if you guys remember I had the big beige hearing aids before, because they were power aids. I NOW have a new set that are a lot smaller but with a power mold. It gets like a 70db gain. I never cared if anyone could see them to begin with but these molds and hearing aids are so comfy, I don't even know im wearing them... im posting a pic of the recent AG and the new hearing aids! :aw:

2relbpt.jpg

axfyq9.jpg

looks really classy! I have hearing aids about that size but it's a little more tiny (if you take the tubes and earmold off of it, you'll see how small that is)

Nice looking HA. I guess I have to be more careful when I type while not sleeping!

Last edited:
Nice looking HA. Wish I could wear them. Looking at your hearing test made me realize how bad my test results are. The line never left the bottom row. I got a NR or No Response in both ears. Good luck with your new HA.

Time to get a CI, when all you can think of is how much worse off you are than others.

Proclaiming the "Deafer than Thou" is considered very bad manners by the way.

Time to get a CI, when all you can think of is how much worse off you are than others.

Proclaiming the "Deafer than Thou" is considered very bad manners by the way.

Sorry my bad!! Took my post off. I guess I should not post when I am not sleepng,

Also this was the mapping of my hearing aid, so you would have to flip it the other way as the numbers are flipped because you increase gain. So the db range would be opposite. if you get what i mean?

CBE, your hearing loss is exactly opposite mine. Put us together and we'd be one hearing person. lol

So if you guys remember I had the big beige hearing aids before, because they were power aids. I NOW have a new set that are a lot smaller but with a power mold. It gets like a 70db gain. I never cared if anyone could see them to begin with but these molds and hearing aids are so comfy, I don't even know im wearing them... im posting a pic of the recent AG and the new hearing aids! :aw:

2relbpt.jpg

That's an interesting audiogram. If I am seeing it correctly, it looks like the Y-axis for the decibel reporting is inverted?

That's an interesting audiogram. If I am seeing it correctly, it looks like the Y-axis for the decibel reporting is inverted?

It's because it's the mapping range for the hearing aids. Basically it's flipped upside down. The higher on this one when you are looking at it, the more gain was going into it. If you were to turn it upside down most of my hearing loss range is between 70 and 90 on most frequencies... Give or take, because mine does fluctuate . See what I'm saying or am I not making sense lol

It's because it's the mapping range for the hearing aids. Basically it's flipped upside down. The higher on this one when you are looking at it, the more gain was going into it. If you were to turn it upside down most of my hearing loss range is between 70 and 90 on most frequencies... Give or take, because mine does fluctuate . See what I'm saying or am I not making sense lol

Ah, I see. You have a very similar loss to mine. Almost exactly the same, actually, except mine slopes more steeply. (I basically go from minor hearing loss at 250 to severe loss at 500 to profound deafness at 750 and beyond.

Back