What did you do today? Part II

I went for a short walk with my wife. During the walk, I saw a man mowing his lawn.

the lawnmower man? lol inside the house there is secret intelligence-enchancer apparatus, be careful with him !

Went to the UPS Store & shipped something to FL & something to GA.
Got some lunch, stopped at post office to mail a card then went to the park and walked about 1-1/2 miles. As the temp was in the upper 50's, maybe even in the 60's, the park was a very popular place.
Took down the outside Christmas decorations and spotted the crocus leaves peeping thru the dirt in the flower bed.
Took down the Christmas tree and put away the ornaments. I'm gathering the other decorations and will put them away tomorrow.
Man, I sound like Kristina. :D

the lawnmower man? lol inside the house there is secret intelligence-enchancer apparatus, be careful with him !

LOL. Nice movie reference.

It's just that it's January and I live in Canada. No snow here so far. Very unusual.

Let's see, I have relaxed a little this morning, had a fight with MIL and won, got PO'd at hubby (he wasn't here to defend himself), took MIL to get her hair done, then thru Wendy's drive-thru for her salad. Came home, then went back out with hubby, and kids and went to Lowe's to look at mailboxes, did not like their selection, then went to Home Depot and found the mailbox I like and bought it. Now, I am home and will fix dinner soon.

Today, I was lunging for exercise my horse Rosie....She isn't happy! :P

Would you be happy if you were on the end of a rope with someone snapping a whip and making you walk around & around & around a constant circle? :lol:

Talking about hair...the left side of my head (around the left ear) was shaved for surgery, and it's taking forever and a day to grow! Still wearing my hair pulled back into a pony tail or at times a twist.... It's been a month and a half (almost)....

yup its bullshit, but ridding rubbish can and does get expensive, but Nothing lke thousands, more like a hundred or a couples if it alot....but most people would re-use it smash it up, bury it , like for example the soak pit im making or make it rubbles useful as 'stones' for drainage in garden pots or vege boxes..

Okay. I am just thinking if the soil get in the can in 5 years, will that be a problem? Actually, I like your idea...

What about a long around black mesh filter inside the holes to prevent the soil from coming in the can?

Would you be happy if you were on the end of a rope with someone snapping a whip and making you walk around & around & around a constant circle? :lol:

:lol:.. I don't use my whip and use leash circle to hit the ground*sound*!

I just called her "Go" to begin to walk > ( She repeated stop today! :mad:) then I said WALK she will walk,

Also I said trot she will trot, and I don't use on her to canter today....

:aw: I love her! 11 years own her and she is smart brat horse! :P

It's best for you to take your horse on a long trail instead walking around inside the fence. That will solve your problem. If you have a friend who has a horse to go with you, that would be a good start.

It's best for you to take your horse on a long trail instead walking around inside the fence. That will solve your problem. If you have a friend who has a horse to go with you, that would be a good start.

Today was her not good moody! Maybe in heat I dont know! when she is in heat and very bitch horse! lol

Okay. I am just thinking if the soil get in the can in 5 years, will that be a problem? Actually, I like your idea...

What about a long around black mesh filter inside the holes to prevent the soil from coming in the can?

yes, i was told ideally you should dig it out take a look at the bucket after 3 or 4 years to check and pull out excess dirt fallen in to 'unplug' holes...but my bucket is big and has big holes so doubtful for flow problem. but i will check anyway - never assume.
You can buy what they call "socks" filter material mesh that you pull it along the drainflow pipes, thise black tubes are punched with holes to collect water and you need a gradient only slight willl work, to use gravity to bring rainwater from the area to the pit/hole or stormwater street drain pipe (i did that for the other side of the pavers) i ripped out the U shape 90 degree angled and replaced with a T connector (upside down) and added a catch pit in between that and the flow pipe, was tedious, long ass hours to do it but done it and it WORKs so well...all on my own. no training nothing...i feel i achieved something there

yes, i was told ideally you should dig it out take a look at the bucket after 3 or 4 years to check and pull out excess dirt fallen in to 'unplug' holes...but my bucket is big and has big holes so doubtful for flow problem. but i will check anyway - never assume.
You can buy what they call "socks" filter material mesh that you pull it along the drainflow pipes, thise black tubes are punched with holes to collect water and you need a gradient only slight willl work, to use gravity to bring rainwater from the area to the pit/hole or stormwater street drain pipe (i did that for the other side of the pavers) i ripped out the U shape 90 degree angled and replaced with a T connector (upside down) and added a catch pit in between that and the flow pipe, was tedious, long ass hours to do it but done it and it WORKs so well...all on my own. no training nothing...i feel i achieved something there

Oh I see. That sounds good to me. Thanks! I wish that I should have dug the soil out last month or two. Now, my ground is frozen. Bummer!

if you ever need someone to bounce ideas on how to do it, or not sure how big just PM me when you are ready, adding to this you would have to find out how deep it has to be and how wide boulders, you dont need to 'buy' or contract thats a really expensive way to do it. Google helps, but also talking to real life people as different areas uses different names, terms and different capacity to suit the area's weather and soil conditions.
Its fun, if hard physical work is your idea of fun, i do find it fun, and i got stronger, no need for summer time gym membership lol also i got more suntan. :)
this soakpit is only one part, im building a run to add to dog kennels and a gates, and some concrete work of my own to ready the place for the next 2 years-long (money permitting) project, and so on....doing up my place is my 'hobby'.

Today was her not good moody! Maybe in heat I dont know! when she is in heat and very bitch horse! lol

Haha I had a mare who was actually fine when she was in heat, but I've worked with other mares who are very opinionated when they are in heat.
What breed is you mare? I have a dutch warmblood gelding. He has a lot of attitude. :)

I was suppopse to have my second appointment with my ASL tutor. I practiced so hard all week. Sitting here waiting for her and she didn't show up. Later saw a message that she had to cancel :-( little upset considering the amount we pay her.

Staying in today, altho' it's a beautiful day here...will go to the grocery store later this evening ...we always need something....my boys went to the Flea Market.

Back