Test your frequency range

My range is at least now 7150 hz. I have the software of phonak naida V and it seems in the software that the hearing aid could help with hearing up to 8000 hz thanks to sound recover. Yes, naida V sp has an output limit of 6900 hz ( ear simulator data ). It is just soundrecover that helps me to hear sounds up to 7150 hz. This feature helps me much with environmental sounds .

I should add that with my own ears and proper amplification from some professional equipment , I could hear more than 8000 hz because I have reverslope hearing loss in high frequencies so I can have hearing beyond 8000 hz which is not usually tested.

As you can see from my audiogram below I can hear at 8000 hz and probably beyond 8000 . Hearing aids just limit my high frequency hearing.

1254203.jpg

My range is at least now 7150 hz. I have the software of phonak naida V and it seems in the software that the hearing aid could help with hearing up to 8000 hz thanks to sound recover. Yes, naida V sp has an output limit of 6900 hz ( ear simulator data ). It is just soundrecover that helps me to hear sounds up to 7150 hz. This feature helps me much with environmental sounds .

I should add that with my own ears and proper amplification from some professional equipment , I could hear more than 8000 hz because I have reverslope hearing loss in high frequencies so I can have hearing beyond 8000 hz which is not usually tested.

As you can see from my audiogram below I can hear at 8000 hz and probably beyond 8000 . Hearing aids just limit my high frequency hearing.

1254203.jpg

Ahh. Cool. I'm attaching my audiogram. As you can see I can't hear worth shit.
View attachment 18139

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 19
This was useful for me to find out exactly where the holes in my hearing are located.
Left "good" ear: 550-3500 and 4300-9200
Right "ear" (CI): 250-8000 exactly as expected

Hmm I wonder if I can get sound recover enabled on my hearing aid for the 3500Hz to 4300 Hz gap but have it leave everything else alone.

This was useful for me to find out exactly where the holes in my hearing are located.
Left "good" ear: 550-3500 and 4300-9200
Right "ear" (CI): 250-8000 exactly as expected

Hmm I wonder if I can get sound recover enabled on my hearing aid for the 3500Hz to 4300 Hz gap but have it leave everything else alone.

From my understanding, sound recover cut off is 1500htz so I think you can.

Yours is flatter...I can't hear anything past about 2000 Hz.. :P

But everything under 2000hz is a lot better with you then ecp. When you don't have good low frequencies then its hard to get as much from hearing aids.

Testing your frequency range is not accurate.

I just did it and even tho my Naida only goes up to 4,900htz, I could hear at 8000htz which makes me believe that the online test is already compressed.

Individual frequencies seem to work though.

I do think each frequency is still compressed tho.

My brother has a bird app on his iPhone that plays all bird sounds, that is compressed already.

It's quite common for things coming out of phones/computers to already be compressed.

20-14,000htz but a lot of it just sounds like my tinnitus. ... I have possible mild to moderate hearing loss according to an online test.

Screenshot%20from%202016-04-26%2022%3A07%3A51.png

Back