Arizona Republicans Propose Bill That Would Not Allow Atheists To Graduate High Schoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah yes... one of those lameduck bills just arguing for the sake of arguing...

I know it will be obviously unconstitutional under First Amendment.

:lol: I like it. It could be interesting too.

What a weird oath, and who are they swearing it to? I swear to support and defend the constitution against all enemies?? They're graduating and going to college or to work for McD's or something, so unless they're joing the armed forces.....why are they doing this? Swearing faith??? And crap I forgot the thing to a constitution?
Somebody was trippin when they wrote this

What constitutes 'breaking' this 'oath'is and and what are the consequences??

What a weird oath, and who are they swearing it to? I swear to support and defend the constitution against all enemies?? They're graduating and going to college or to work for McD's or something, so unless they're joing the armed forces.....why are they doing this? Swearing faith??? And crap I forgot the thing to a constitution?
Somebody was trippin when they wrote this

What constitutes 'breaking' this 'oath'is and and what are the consequences??

Yup, I'm so sad for atheists and other groups don't believe in the God, don't receive a fair treatment, so they have to lie to receive a diploma, so that's very unethical.

Yes violated one of constitution, which government remain in state meaning that they can't have religious politics involved, this is serious evidence showing government is trying to get above the law! Scary already! Its all about power... sick!

I know it will be obviously unconstitutional under First Amendment.

Forget about the swearing to God part, the oath itself is lame. I'm aethist and I "swear to god" "omg" all the time, figures of speech, whatever. if I was graduating I'd say the stupid thing, give me my diploma, now bite my ass. i mean really, what is the point?? Of making a bunch of kids that just finished high school swear an oath to the Constitution??

Weird. I don't see any reason for this legislation.

As an aside, I might mention that the military enlistment oath is not the same. We can swear or affirm our allegiance. As a Christian, I prefer the affirm phrase, so that's what I use. Also, no one is required to say "so help me God" at the end of the oath. It's customary but not legally required.

Forget about the swearing to God part, the oath itself is lame. I'm aethist and I "swear to god" "omg" all the time, figures of speech, whatever. if I was graduating I'd say the stupid thing, give me my diploma, now bite my ass. i mean really, what is the point?? Of making a bunch of kids that just finished high school swear an oath to the Constitution??

me too, Im an Atheist
and its downright a serious violation of Human Rights.

ah yes... one of those lameduck bills just arguing for the sake of arguing...

funny ive seen similar quote of this somewhere, for the Exact topic
, actually its not your words? is it not?

Somehow, I doubt this thread (Republicans, anti-Atheism) will survive the staff comb for long.

I have nothing to contribute to the thread, other than that. Good luck.

me too, Im an Atheist
and its downright a serious violation of Human Rights.

No need to worry because US Supreme Court will take care of it.

Yes violated one of constitution, which government remain in state meaning that they can't have religious politics involved, this is serious evidence showing government is trying to get above the law! Scary already! Its all about power... sick!

Yup, also both of right wing and left wing can be bad side.

funny ive seen similar quote of this somewhere, for the Exact topic
, actually its not your words? is it not?

it is my own words but perhaps it's because this line "arguing for the sake of arguing (argument)" is a common phrase.

:lol: I like it. It could be interesting too.

Why do you like this? How would you like being told you can't graduate high school IF you do believe in God??? I am glad this was not a law when I was in high school or I would not had graduate.

Why do you like this? How would you like being told you can't graduate high school IF you do believe in God??? I am glad this was not a law when I was in high school or I would not had graduate.

That is not what it says.

He's free to express the view, even there are people don't agree and it isn't strong reaction.

I don't think that proposed bill will not going pass because the state government don't want to waste the taxpayer's expense for the court and all challenges.

I rather to live in Arizona over Alabama, seriously.

Interesting: how can one "square" the bill with " establishment of religion" by the state? Freedom?
Living in Canada-not exactly a "pressing matter".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back