"Do not file a complaint here. Contact your audiologist..."

deafdrummer

Reaction score
This is what I saw on mywidex.com. That really upset me, so when I was at the end of the survey, I saw this, and I decided to give them all the details, and I was near the end when the D web site LOGGED ME OUT!! Oh GD, I was so pissed! VERY ANGRY! I went back in to complain about the fact that I had a lot of information to share with them, and I got logged out.

How many makers do this crap, forcing us to go through audiologists, who cannot help but deal with the HA's limitations? All of them? I damn the makers for shunning the only D people who make their businesses, their PAYCHECKS possible; us deaf people who use them.

I'm about to give up on finding hearing aids that work with music correctly. The Dream 330 aids I am trying out now have some limitations and digital artifacts that degrade the sound quality such that I can't recognize some sounds that I normally can hear with my old analogs.

Oticon is fantastic for the music (their streamer is cool, you should check them out)

I can't comment on Dream 330 but my Widex Clear (Fusion) 440 sounds the closest to analog for me. I bit the bullet and paid full price after blowing my coverage on Starkey, which make my guitar sound like something I picked up from Walmart....

Laura

Oticon is fantastic for the music (their streamer is cool, you should check them out)

i trust Oticon, they are one of the very few uncompressed sound amplified and very grunty, robust

other brands are all new comers, Oticon been around for a loooooooooong time, its like Mercedes Benz of hearing aids, and its german precision to boot
i always insists on anything german, beers girls, architecture, history, and of course electronics

I can't comment on Dream 330 but my Widex Clear (Fusion) 440 sounds the closest to analog for me. I bit the bullet and paid full price after blowing my coverage on Starkey, which make my guitar sound like something I picked up from Walmart....

Laura

Widex was good, but they no longer makes it grunty enough for my lsss of over 100dB......(both ears, YEP im THAT deaf, which explains why i dont have hearies smartness quip or sarcasm, cuz i grew up TOO DEAF to pick it up....in other words I didn't pick up much of the hearing culture....

hearing aids!!! no CI yet, silly goose! *throws confetti*

yep, I'm a party girl.

Sorry got you confused with someone else. Either a blonde or senior moment I guess. I am glad that you can enjoy music.

This is what I saw on mywidex.com. That really upset me, so when I was at the end of the survey, I saw this, and I decided to give them all the details, and I was near the end when the D web site LOGGED ME OUT!! Oh GD, I was so pissed! VERY ANGRY! I went back in to complain about the fact that I had a lot of information to share with them, and I got logged out.

How many makers do this crap, forcing us to go through audiologists, who cannot help but deal with the HA's limitations? All of them? I damn the makers for shunning the only D people who make their businesses, their PAYCHECKS possible; us deaf people who use them.

I'm about to give up on finding hearing aids that work with music correctly. The Dream 330 aids I am trying out now have some limitations and digital artifacts that degrade the sound quality such that I can't recognize some sounds that I normally can hear with my old analogs.

ah policy shit, creating the 'ping pong' effects.....so they get away with it, cheeky aye

i trust Oticon, they are one of the very few uncompressed sound amplified and very grunty, robust

other brands are all new comers, Oticon been around for a loooooooooong time, its like Mercedes Benz of hearing aids, and its german precision to boot
i always insists on anything german, beers girls, architecture, history, and of course electronics

true. I might ask for another pair when I go in June 24th! (hopefully things will settle)

Bad news... I visited my stepmother, whom I have known for nearly 40 years. We went out to eat in places, etc. I couldn't understand her very well, not even in her home where it's quiet. I've already emailed the audiologist, asking for a phone conference of the two of us with tech support at Widex. I don't expect that it will happen, but the fact is, the current settings with the hearing aids are not going to cut it. The problem I have is that things don't sound right, and that has to do with the alteration of the vowel sound overtones. Instead of it being clearly "a, e, i, o, u," they sound predominantly like "eh" sounds, like someone tends to insert "eh" into all vowel enunciations while talking, and I KNOW my stepmother does not do that. A restaurant is a wall of noise, where I'm unable to hear dishes clattering, utensils dropping, voices clearly, etc. Whatever this artifact of digital technology is, it needs to be taken out.

Bad news... I visited my stepmother, whom I have known for nearly 40 years. We went out to eat in places, etc. I couldn't understand her very well, not even in her home where it's quiet. I've already emailed the audiologist, asking for a phone conference of the two of us with tech support at Widex. I don't expect that it will happen, but the fact is, the current settings with the hearing aids are not going to cut it. The problem I have is that things don't sound right, and that has to do with the alteration of the vowel sound overtones. Instead of it being clearly "a, e, i, o, u," they sound predominantly like "eh" sounds, like someone tends to insert "eh" into all vowel enunciations while talking, and I KNOW my stepmother does not do that. A restaurant is a wall of noise, where I'm unable to hear dishes clattering, utensils dropping, voices clearly, etc. Whatever this artifact of digital technology is, it needs to be taken out.

that sucks but another brand might do the trick though!

Well, strings apparently got pulled for me, and I got in direct contact with the professional training audiologist at Widex herself. After laying out EVERYTHING I had experienced (since I documented the 330's performances the first two weeks, the week post-adjustment, and while I traveled twice to noisy places), she was able to find something.

I have two options while staying within Widex. One, they found that I have a very long sound bore in my earmolds (you can see it twist and curve from the speaker to the exit), but the hearing aid is configured for a straight bore, which reduces the volume and amplifies sound in the wrong frequencies. The setting will have to be changed when I go back in, which is supposed to give it a natural sound. Failing that, option two is another hearing aid they'd like to try on me. They didn't specify what it was. I'm still waiting to hear as to the appointment date.

I sure hope it works out!

Laura

Your insurance? Can you tell me what a dispensing fee is for?

After all the questioning I did with my insurance and the Audiologists, they audiologists put a charge in for Dispensing and my insurance says it doesn't cover that. They charged $600 per hearing aid for this Dispensing fee. According to the audi, it's wrapped up in the fitting and fine tuning of the hearing aids.

surely they could change the code to something different to fit my insurance?

Back