IPRelay -- Sorenson vs. Purple?

If you have problem to contact Purple Ip Relay on register - simple go to Help - Purple Communications by doing 3 different hard way (one is easy)

1. Help - Purple Communications and fill out the form and submit it.

2. You can do the snail mail to 595 Menlo Drive, Rocklin CA, 95765. Road trip would sound great.

3. Ask your hearing family or friend to call them for you.

Number one, no of course not, I've never cheated the IP Relay system. Why would I? It was the ONLY way I could connect with the outside world on an immediate basis. Now, I have to go back to the 70s where I had to ask someone to make a phone call for me. Do you know how much I HATE that, given that I'm 48? I thought I was done with that shit. How am I supposed to make text-based phone calls, since I do not have the bandwidth out here to keep video from freezing (hell, I couldn't even get online today while testing the new toilet valve, which I could only get by having someone in town call 8 different locations for me; it was too windy - sometimes, I have to wait several hours while the wind blows before I have Internet at all). You have no idea how remote it is out here in terms of cell coverage.

If you want to fix these issues, Biker, and everyone else who boasts DPN, WHY IN HELL DON'T YOU ESTABLISH A DEAF TOWN OR CITY WHERE REQUIREMENT FOR RESIDENCE IS DEAFNESS OR INABILITY TO SPEAK, and set up an entire industry base and civilization so that deaf are COMPLETELY self-sufficient WITHOUT financial, material, or human input from hearing people or hearing civilization?

And I've had enough of this discussion between you, Biker, and Jiro. Enough. Especially since I'm much more comfortable speaking and lipreading than I am signing. I do NOT interact with enough deaf people in these parts to keep up my signing skills, and it is NOT my fault that speech and lipreading is much easier for me than signing, just as it is not someone's fault that they cannot learn to speak and lipread with the hearing they only have. That is why I don't use VRS, because I do not trust my ability to understand in technical, legal matters where getting ACCURATE information is CRITICAL, like names, model numbers, part numbers, and serial numbers. I've NEVER been able to read fingerspell worth a damn. I only met ONE deaf couple in Victoria in the 4 months I was there. TWO PEOPLE. I looked online, and there were NO web sites where there were people meeting in Victoria, the nearest big town 35 miles away. All the other towns are 5500 people and down. I have chosen to be a farmer, and that comes with shortcomings that would not be an issue with IP Relay or some kind of text-based relay that can be used with cell phone and/or a computer only.

I'm done with this thread. I will not come back here to look, so you can type your fingers down to the bone, up to the wrists, and I'm not coming back to this thread. Done.

For the last time, I am really sad to hear another frustration you have and you don't deserve like that, and you, drummer may never know that I am exact at your age and I know what you mean and I do want you to have access to telecomm like everybody else. You may not realize that the new reform (As of July 1, 2013) has affect your access with telecomm, they don't understand you when they really think they are.

This is the last time I am post on this this unless I get Deafdrummer via PM.

:bye:

Last edited by a moderator:
As far I know there is only 2 ip Relay providers which are Purple and Sprint , all other closed down due to FCC reform.

Have you tried Sprint ip relay? - https://www.sprintip.com/

Also have you try contacting Purple support desk to see if they are able to resolve your issue?

Sorry your having a hard time getting a text based relay, many of us did try to fight the FCC reform but we weren't big enough to make a noise against the FCC reform so we're stuck what we have right now. :(

If you find a new ip relay let us know we would like to share with other too.

I'm trying to find an IP Relay service to use so that I'm not dependent on people making phone calls for me anymore. I need to call an RV shop in the morning so that I drive there to pick up a part for my Thetford TOILET, because I can't use water in my travel trailer, which is MY HOME out in the country by the farm. Without it working correctly, I can't shower, I can't potty inside, I can't even cook inside without access to clean water. However, just about everybody shut down IP-Relay, and I cannot get Purple's IP registration to work at all. Damn thing thinks I have an address that doesn't exist. Help, as I have to drive as far away as 100 miles just to pick up a complete water valve system for the toilet, and there's more than 10 versions available, and I must get the right one.

I hear you on the camper parts. I have a travel camper as well and know how hard it is to get parts for if you dont have the manuals. I have my parts manauls for HALF of the stuff in the camper so I can look up the parts. I dunno what brand is yours and if I could help. Maybe if you pm me with brand, model, etc - I can try my darnest to look up the info online. sometimes you might get lucky.

I also have the same issue with the address info that makes NO sense where I lived. I even saw a partial if my previous address but it omitted one important name and i refuse to pick that one since there is another street same to my old address, but mine has one more name to it.

did you try contacting its customer support?
I was going to suggest the same thing. what happened there if you did try to contact them?

I hear you on the camper parts. I have a travel camper as well and know how hard it is to get parts for if you dont have the manuals. I have my parts manauls for HALF of the stuff in the camper so I can look up the parts. I dunno what brand is yours and if I could help. Maybe if you pm me with brand, model, etc - I can try my darnest to look up the info online. sometimes you might get lucky.

I also have the same issue with the address info that makes NO sense where I lived. I even saw a partial if my previous address but it omitted one important name and i refuse to pick that one since there is another street same to my old address, but mine has one more name to it.

I was going to suggest the same thing. what happened there if you did try to contact them?

What would happen if those that are having trouble with address information would contact their customer support with a link to a respected map service that does have it right?

Back