Official AllDeaf Switched At Birth Discussion [tv show on abc family]

I really like the two new episodes so far!
True, there is A LOT going on, but I think that's just how life is sometimes.

I really like that Bay isn't just forgiving Emmett for what happened. You can see how she works through it. That just takes some time.
I do hope they'll finally get back together. I think they were kind of perfect, besides all their issues..

I love the fact that Bay is getting back into street art. It was a part of her, a way to escape her world for some time. Angelo, Emmett, Regina (yes, there still is that mother daughter bonding), being a teenager, being in love, having parents - quite a lot, so maybe doing street art helps her to breath..

Wirelessly posted

People from outside the u.s.a. Cannot access the series, even to purchase it, why is that?

[FONT=&quot]I thought the first 2 episodes were filled with so much great stuff too. I can’t wait to see what other issues they’re going to talk about during the rest of the season! It does seem like Bay uses her street art to escape the chaos in her house, but it is a kind of dangerous outlet. Tune-in tonight at 8/7c to find out if Bay’s street art gets her in trouble! I’d love to know what you guys think of the new episode![/FONT]

Does anyone know why the most recent episode is available on the ABC Family website, and then episodes 23 and 24 are missing, and then all the rest is available? Or where I can watch those episodes? I'm behind all my friends and it's driving me crazy. :)

so i don't know if this has been asked/answered but is the "Deafenstein" movie a real movie? if so where can i get it? i want so badly to watch it.

so i don't know if this has been asked/answered but is the "Deafenstein" movie a real movie? if so where can i get it? i want so badly to watch it.

I googled it and found this :D

Deafenstein Not an Actual Movie
Posted by KitKat on August 18, 2011 at 4:00 PM

How many people have tried searching for Deafenstein in Netflix or Blockbuster and end up getting frustrated because they don't have it? They don't have it because it doesn't exist. It was a made-up title by the good folks of "Switched at Birth" for their 9th episode where Emmett gives Daphne a very thoughtful gift involving Deafenstein, a movie "so bad" and whose "sequel is even worse".

According to Deaf News Today, Deafenstein was apparently a takeoff of an actual film Deafula ,a 1975 version of Dracula performed entirely in ASL.

Personally I think they did a spectacular job of making that uber-cheesy poster which is very reminiscent of many of the cheesy movies of the 60's and 70's.

Here is the original article. http://deafnewstoday.blogspot.com/2011/08/deafenstein.html

~Kat

Last edited:

Sorry, currently our video library can only be watched from within the United States

Hulu is committed to making its content available worldwide. To do so, we must work through a number of legal and business issues, including obtaining international streaming rights. Know that we are working to make this happen and will continue to do so. Given the international background of the Hulu team, we have both a professional and personal interest in bringing Hulu to a global audience.

why not allow on huh serious Canada 0.o!

stranger! odd!!

I think so FCC believe it!

New Episode tonight!

Hi everyone! There’s an all-new Switched at Birth tonight at 8/7c on ABC Family. Come back here after the episode and leave your comments – I’d love to discuss all the drama from tonight’s episode!

Hi everyone! There’s an all-new Switched at Birth tonight at 8/7c on ABC Family. Come back here after the episode and leave your comments – I’d love to discuss all the drama from tonight’s episode!

I will be sure to check this thread after I see it on Tuesday on Hulu.

um.... shoot I don't even remember much of what happened on Monday night's episode. wow.

Is there anywhere I can catch up with the new episodes? I've streamed ep 23 but thats it. Hulu ONLY has that episode and the latest. Nothing in between. Maybe Hulu Plus?

I watched the first three episodes yesterday on Hulu.
I thought.. Wow, the rich parents are really really jerks!
"Are you Mexican?" :V Why do people ask stuff like that?

I was unimpressed with Bey's hobby in art being in graffiti.

I think if art is in her blood, she would pursue a medium that requires more time and effort to generate a good result, such as drawing or painting.
Instead, it seemed the show was playing heavily on established stereotypes of what "artsy" people are like. We're actually not all rebellious nor feel misunderstood.

With her role model being Frida Kahlo, it would had been very appropriate for her character to be painting, and to be painting modern, reimagined versions of Kahlo's work. Bey could've had a field day with painting her version of The Two Fridas: That painting is perfect for expressing her situation.

I don't think her character is effective for arguing that graffiti is a kind of art. Her character also imitates Banksy's work quite poorly imo. Banksy's street art is often interactive with the environment it is in.
5A5B3.jpg

Her street art is not interactive nor takes into consideration the environment it is in. By taking away the interaction Banksy's street art often has with the environment it is placed it, I think her imitation of Banksy is shortchanging the viewer in an opportunity to really explore what the big deal is with Banksy's stuff, and in a chance to use that to explore how Bey could portray herself interacting with the world she had thought she lived in through her street art.

It just seemed too much like her hobby in graffiti was decided arbitrarily. She could had been a guitarist or a chessmaster or into ice skating and it would had been just as contributing to her character as the graffiti, and she would've still had met the new guy with the long black hair, which is the only role her interest in graffiti has served so far.

ok ok , but otherwise, I did cry a lot (I cried my first tears when Daphne met Bey in the lawyer's office. Yes, that fast.) and seeing her signing at school was fun. I think the show somewhat covered that lip reading doesn't always work (like when Daphne was invited for breakfast), but she really does seem to pick up a whole lot for someone who has hearing aids that only allow her to sense that sound is being made....

:cool2: I think I'll definitely see this show to the end. The art part definitely bothers me, but I am going with the hope that her art hobby will soon become irrelevant, now that the plot has already allowed her to meet the boy.

Hey everyone, don’t forget to tune-in to an all-new Switched at Birth on ABC Family starting at 8/7c! Then come back here and let me know what you thought of all the drama in tonight’s episode.

I watched an episode on ABCFamily website, and there was no CC, and the audio was WAAY ahead of the video, so I couldn't get all of it. Big disappointment. I am too busy with unexpected demands on my time to watch TV.

Watched on Hulu, the synch was bad, the sound quality was horrible, but the CC was easy to find and switch on. :wave:

Last edited:
next monday will final on switch at birth i cant wait watch this and shocking this finale you should watch this!!

im not sure when will back maybe on spring or fall 2013 we have wait and see to find out due shooting..

Back