Satire about the CI

Cousin Vinny

Reaction score
Recently, BlueAppleFilms released an old video clip satirizing people with CI's. Pretty funny. ;) I'm sure the video clip was produced all in good humor and is of a typical self-depreciating nature. I forgot to mention this; it is captioned.

DMS CI Video Clip

Now, before you CI users get all lathered up, keep in mind the video's age; It is over 12 years old, and the derision towards the CI was pretty much the prevailing sentiment at Gallaudet, I guess. (You CI users would not want to be at Gallaudet when I was a student! It was downright hostile. Fast forward a couple of years to 1995, the attitude has now been upgraded to 'mockery'. That was fast! :) )

What's truly amazing is how fast times change, and how attitudes and acceptance, within the Deaf community and especially at Gallaudet, truly has undergone a sea change in favor of the CI. Goes to show how the CI has undergone such a dramatic image makeover, worthy of every marketer's envy all the world over.

Hey I thought it was funny. I especially like the date with the CI.

I have dial-up which means that it took forever and a day to download this video. :( Can you tell me some of the things that were said?

Hear Again,

I have pm'd you and sent a summery of the video.

LOL all those myth are debunked though yeah it's been a decade!

Eyeth, :ty:

Enjoyed watching that clip and Boult is right, all those myths've been debunked!

"All those myths have been debunked" - it reminds me a bit of Reefer Madness, which was made in the 30s by the government as an anti anti-marijuana campaign. It was so over the top, it's considered satire of the anti-marijuana movement today (and since the 70s).

rather amusing how things used to be percieved. Glad we've come a long way since then!

I would have criticized one thing if I saw this in 95! for sure! I am sure you can guess eh.

Back