dancing at the bars.

Frisky Feline

Reaction score
INTERESTING! I am curious about you guys that you guys live in different states.

I remember in my old time, there were too many dancing/bars that you can pick one and show up there if you get bored then go to other dancing bar.

I notice nowaday that i did go to a few bars where they did not really dance much but just standing, drinking , chatting, sitting, etc. It is not the same as my old time when i pick any where bars. Now i have to search to find the bar that included dancing on the stage.

i wonder what happened?

no it is not a nudie bar or stripping bar. LOL

lol, you know when I was younger and lived in Iowa City for college there were a lot of bars that people danced at. Here where I live now I think there are only 2 that offer a dance floor, maybe 3. All the others are sports bars, and just there for socializing. We usually end up at the dancing one at the END of the night when we are good and drunk to dance, lol Not sure what it was, but the other dancing bars are still in Iowa City. Young college kids getting drunk, dancing and having sex lol

we have plenty of clubs here ..we differentiate...club is where you go to dance and drink and the bar is more for just chilling and drinking

I know this is going to sound like I live under a rock...
:) I've never been to a bar in my life.

The few bars here in town that I used to go to that had dancing with live music, are now either strip clubs or gay bars and no live music anymore.

I have heard there a some around that have dancing, but since I quit drinking years ago, I don't know anymore.

In the 80's-90's...lots of night clubs had dancing...Used to love country western dancing at the "Diamond Boot" where I lived...was a lot of fun!

Now it seems mostly Sports Bars...where you just sit, drink and talk about sports...I'd prefer to dance the night away...

In the 80's-90's...lots of night clubs had dancing...Used to love country western dancing at the "Diamond Boot" where I lived...was a lot of fun!

Now it seems mostly Sports Bars...where you just sit, drink and talk about sports...I'd prefer to dance the night away...

yeah I ve been there at the country western dancing in VA and it was so awesome!!! great way to work out too! some of them actually wore the cowboy outfits for more fun and spirits.

I do missed my old times of dancing on the dance floor. I started going out at age 16 at the dance floor bars that they did not ask for ID so i am very lucky to experience it. until I turned 21 when it was in 1991. I notice things change at the bar, and in 2000, there are more more sport bars. once a friend asked me to go out for bars. I thought it was the dance floor then we wnt to the sport bar in VA. I was like oh. ok i ended up ordering tons of appetizers and beers and watch sports on tv. LOL i like it but i prefer the dance floor!

As a 30-something, I wistfully don't frequent clubs or raves anymore. We had some phenomenal clubs and after hours bars in Detroit, birthplace of the underground techno movement, in the 90s-early 2000s. St. Andrews Hall, Motor Lounge, Space - just to name a few of many many places. The dancing scene was unreal.

I'm known to do a shimmy here and there at a sports bar though. If a good song comes on, my girlfriends and I find dancing space next to the jukebox while our husbands drink their beer and watch *insert game* on the flatscreens.

It also depends on the sports bar. Dancing at some plastic commercial place like Buffalo Wild Wings would get you some weird stares. But a hole-in-the-wall or mom-n-pop sports bar tends to be more light-hearted and liberated, IMO.

Well, nowa days we have Night Clubs which is a place for dancing and drinks...

Bars just is a reagular bars where people just sit and drink and chat.

Night Clubs is where you would want to go for action like Dancing!

You will find it mostly around college campuses, there's lot of night lifes around there.

We had a bar here where Mickey Gilley would play once a month or so. I remember getting so smashed, that I was dancing on the railing around the dance floor while Mickey Gilley and band were there. It was a riot. It was when Florida's legal drinking age was 19. Not sure now, but I think it's back to 21. They went back and forth so much it was almost a joke.

haha .. im sure that we have some bars that have dance floor. But it is not the same as before. We have to look around or ask someone else or check through the yellow page or internet all craps. LOL

Tomorrow i ll expect to stand, chat, drink, and sit. Life goes on!

DC has more night clubs and bars than I've ever seen in a city of its size (which isn't all that large). But eh, they're not my thing. And way too expensive.

how much is it? i cant remember how much did i pay for it. :hmm:

Cover charges? It depends. Anywhere from 4-20$ It's the price of drinks that will kill you. A beer at a club in DC is about 8$ A cocktail--10-15$ Bottle service is like, 120$ for a bottle of regular liquor. Nothing special.

New York's more expensive so stop whining. Or move to a rural area and hang out with all the hicks for cheap!

New York's more expensive so stop whining. Or move to a rural area and hang out with all the hicks for cheap!

lol that is true. i remember last time i was in nyc and it costs 8 bucks for one beer while where i live that could costs me for about 4.50 but 45 minutes away from my hometown to that country it costs for 2.50 bucks yea redneck peepz but cheap drinks and hang out with red neck people at the cute bar. lol

Agree with Alex...

In the DC/Baltimore area, if you want dancing, go to a nightclub. The bars in this whole metropilitan area are usually for socializing but many do have dance floors and usually people start dancing around midnight after drinking for hours. LOL!

TWA, Alex, Jiro, and a few other ADers went to a nightclub in DC. Boy it got crazy later on that night. LOL! Good times.

Nightclubs are good for once in a while thing for me. I used to go to them every other weekend when I was a student at Gallaudet and danced sooo much that I lost so much weight. Wish I could do that again. lol

My gosh, the last time I went to a nighclub in NYC, my brother and his ex girlfriend got kicked out and I was stranded in the club because I was too busy dancing the night away. Come 5 AM, I realized that I had no ride back so I had to find my way back to Queens via subway with a guy I barely knew. lol

Back