Any Vegan/Vegetarians Out There?

ladysolitary85

Reaction score
Curious but what are your favorite dishes? Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner? I'm still exploring the wonderful world ommm nom nom nom noms!:D

Vegetarian for years! Thinking about going vegan. especialy after reading the article about former President Clinton losing weight.

I usually like to make one pot meal - save on all that washing. I live alone and it can be too hot to cook in Southwest. I found I need to make a big pot of meal and store it in refrigerator. I take some out to microwave and enjoy a quick meal during the day.

How about you?

Well I tried being Pescetarian for a month, and I LOVED exploring all different types of veggies and fruits! I still allowed fish, dairy here and there but I made the mistake of shopping for a month worth of veggies! ahhhh yea not good lol.

Anyways, I want to get back into it again! I felt sooo much better but I lack ideas of meals, snacks, etc.

There are plenty of Vegetarian cookbooks out there. Try the library. I really love the Vegetarian Times (magazine).

Tempeh is very yum!!!!!! I like sautéed with red pepper, onion, garlic, olive oil and zucchini on rice. Yum yum.

I loveeeeee loveeeee artichokes, zucchinis, green beans, bok choy (can't spell), spinach (prefer uncooked), asparagus, tomatoes, pickles, onions, garlic.... (clearly, I need a bigger list lol)

As far as fruit, strawberries, banana, apples, pineapple, blueberries, peaches, plum, cranberries, watermelon... a few...

clearly, I need to explore lol

I loveeeeee loveeeee artichokes, zucchinis, green beans, bok choy (can't spell), spinach (prefer uncooked), asparagus, tomatoes, pickles, onions, garlic.... (clearly, I need a bigger list lol)

As far as fruit, strawberries, banana, apples, pineapple, blueberries, peaches, plum, cranberries, watermelon... a few...

clearly, I need to explore lol

Yeah and you are going to have some fun. :)

would love any kind of advice, references, etc! I'm so done with meat! but its a slow process again.

I have the book "The Kind Diet" Alicia Silverstones, and some of her recipes looks amazing but I'm scratching my head at some of the ingredients

would love any kind of advice, references, etc! I'm so done with meat! but its a slow process again.

I have the book "The Kind Diet" Alicia Silverstones, and some of her recipes looks amazing but I'm scratching my head at some of the ingredients

Like what?

ladysolitary, I was vegan while in college for a time.
No longer vegan - wear leather shoes, eat local honey etc - but eat whole foods plant-based diet, no dairy, no meat. Some sustainable fish and local eggs, lotta beans, legumes, raw nuts and seeds for protein.

I really like tempeh but am not always in the mood to eat it.

yesterday I made some gluten-free mac and cheese with brown rice pasta and almond milk cheese. I thought it was very good.

My sister in law is vegan and when she stays over I make her a type of fried dough and molasses for breakfast.
She says it's wonderful, but honestly it's fairly simple.
it just has flour
water
yeast
sugar
salt
margarine or oil
and use molasses for syrup although maple syrup taste almost as good.
takes about an hour to make.

I need to dig up the recipe for the amounts though as I only make it once or twice a year.

edit
apparently it always either burns or goes sour when she tries to make it.

Last edited:
Yes! I'm a bayman, I was home this summer too! Been on the mainland almost 10 years now!

Try this again - lost my internet connection and lost the post before saving.

My family and I are going to try going vegan again. We will still eat seafood to keep my daughter happy and my mother's doctor. Hubby and son will eat meat if we go out to eat. I just have to find lots of inspiration as my daughter (who wanted to do this) does not like beans, tofu, and most vegetables. She was mostly thinking it would help with the grocery bill.

Picked up 4 books at the library today and I know I have some that are packed. The four I have are:
Vegan Lunch Box by Jennifer McCann
Vegan Soup & Stews for All Seasons by Nava Atlas
Vegan Express by Nava Atlas
Lorna Sass' Short-Cut Vegetarian

I know I can substitute the milk and cheeses up to a point since I am allergic to cow's dairy. I also cannot have goat milk.

I did have a thread on AD at point point regarding Tofu and there are others regarding vegetarian eating.

http://www.alldeaf.com/lifestyle-health-fitness-food/77790-thread-about-tofu.html

http://www.alldeaf.com/lifestyle-health-fitness-food/61064-vegetarian.html

http://www.alldeaf.com/lifestyle-health-fitness-food/78789-vegan-meals.html

And I started one about Dairy free recipes as well.

http://www.alldeaf.com/lifestyle-health-fitness-food/86359-dairy-free-recipes.html

Back