Power prices expected to spike for National Grid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blame on EPA jerks AND President Nixon!

It all started with coal. 2015 is the beginning of new EPA regulation for coal industry, and the effect is going to be felt around Thanksgiving so you all can thank to EPA and Prez Nixon for this mess.

Power plants powered by coal owners is being asked to add expensive filtration system or convert to different kind of fuel and the easiest fuel being converted is Natural Gas, and since demand for Natural gas shot up resulting shorter supply of Natural gas for Winter causing price shot up for Electricity that is powered by Natural gas and Natural gas itself.

EPA not thinking of supply and demand. RME!

I wish I have the muscle to split logs and drop few more trees for winter, damn stupid spine injuries!

Blame on EPA jerks AND President Nixon!

It all started with coal. 2015 is the beginning of new EPA regulation for coal industry, and the effect is going to be felt around Thanksgiving so you all can thank to EPA and Prez Nixon for this mess.

Power plants powered by coal owners is being asked to add expensive filtration system or convert to different kind of fuel and the easiest fuel being converted is Natural Gas, and since demand for Natural gas shot up resulting shorter supply of Natural gas for Winter causing price shot up for Electricity that is powered by Natural gas and Natural gas itself.

EPA not thinking of supply and demand. RME!

I wish I have the muscle to split logs and drop few more trees for winter, damn stupid spine injuries!

You do know that President Nixon is dead, he died April 22, 1994,

And?

Check the clean air act of 1974, whats requirement that its be done no later than 2014? who signed it?

You made it sound Nixon was still alive , and I was asking if you knew was dead. You said we can thank him around thanksgiving time . :roll:

Nixon_resignation_AP_660.jpg

very 70ishy! LOL Still remember him back then. Really drama back then on media.

Good Ole Nixon...hmmm...lol

We just got our elecric bill last months with a notice of the price decreasing starting october 1st. for the winter months til May.

Good Ole Nixon...hmmm...lol

We just got our elecric bill last months with a notice of the price decreasing starting october 1st. for the winter months til May.

That is nice , I never got a notice that one of my bills is decreasing . My city increase our water bills b/c people did not use enough water during a summer . We got lot rain and didn't need to water the grass and the water department said they have to increase our water rate to cover their expense . People where upset b/c they thought their water bills would less not more.

Maybe you should have used your head, electricity bills will shot up in October and November, right? Most electric meter is read every other months, right?

When do you expect most would get their electric bills with higher rates? Thats around Thanksgiving, right? Thats when people can thank Nixon that signed the clean air act back in 70's giving EPA broader power to regulate the emission. For years, most power plants runs off from coal, EPA wants cut down emission from coal, more stringent requirements effective date is 2015, which end up costing everybody's little pockets. Thats right, president Obama has no power to change that. Blame on Obama? Nope, its Nixon.

Where do you find that I thought Nixon is still alive and is president? :roll:

You made it sound Nixon was still alive , and I was asking if you knew was dead. You said we can thank him around thanksgiving time . :roll:

Maybe you should have used your head, electricity bills will shot up in October and November, right? Most electric meter is read every other months, right?

When do you expect most would get their electric bills with higher rates? Thats around Thanksgiving, right? Thats when people can thank Nixon that signed the clean air act back in 70's giving EPA broader power to regulate the emission. For years, most power plants runs off from coal, EPA wants cut down emission from coal, more stringent requirements effective date is 2015, which end up costing everybody's little pockets. Thats right, president Obama has no power to change that. Blame on Obama? Nope, its Nixon.

Where do you find that I thought Nixon is still alive and is president? :roll:

NO you're wrong I am just the messenger , I just posted the story , I did not come up with it. HELLO ! You said "we can thanks Nixon for this" :roll:
Why don't you tell me something I do NOT know , you told me nothing new.

NO you're wrong I am just the messenger , I just posted the story , I did not come up with it. HELLO ! You said "we can thanks Nixon for this" :roll:
Why don't you tell me something I do NOT know , you told me nothing new.
Wow ur attitude hasnt changed after u insulted an AD member earlier. Sorry, I saw what u said... u havent changed... guess ban u from here earlier u didnt help after all.

Our electric bill goes up in the spring/summer due to AC useage, then drops in the Fall/Winter, Im glad because Im 100% electric right now but will be using wood heat this winter so I shouldnt have a large bill every month I hope.

I want to convert my furnace over to gas with a wood furnace attached, electric heat just doesnt heat like gas at all.

Our electric bill goes up in the spring/summer due to AC useage, then drops in the Fall/Winter, Im glad because Im 100% electric right now but will be using wood heat this winter so I shouldnt have a large bill every month I hope.

I want to convert my furnace over to gas with a wood furnace attached, electric heat just doesnt heat like gas at all.

Same here but I think this increase will make people bills go higher no matter how much power they use . I rented a place when I first moved here and it had electric heat and I hated it. My condo only has one heater for 4 units in each building and I like to keep my unit on the cooler side but I still have to pay for heat some people uses. Some people turn their heat in Oct. and I turn my on in Nov. unless it get real cold. And the increase is right during the holidays and we get hit with a our realtor estate taxes and water bills too. Scrooge is alive and well in my state. This it's going to real tough on some people . I would love to have a wood stove but I don't the guy upstairs would want a stove pipe going through his living room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back