Just came home with more debt

sonocativo

Reaction score
Well, my wifes van is getting close to its last leg, dont think it will pull through another harsh winter, soooooo, we just came home with a 2010 Chevy Traverse LT2.

Charcoal grey, actually falls into the small SUV classification. Since she has to travel to work 80 miles round trip every day and we have pretty harsh winters out here. It is an AWD as well

Charcoal grey, actually falls into the small SUV classification. Since she has to travel to work 80 miles round trip every day and we have pretty harsh winters out here. It is an AWD as well

I thought you hate newer vehicles.

I do, but its not mine, its the wifes...lol
I was looking at some new trucks, pretty nice, Hell, I like the Diesels...Im leaning, guess Im getting old.

Hmm, that is just awesome! Going to check it out since I'll be a new mom soon! ;) About new debt, are ya gonna have a ball replacing brake pads this harsh winter? :giggle:

Hmm, that is just awesome! Going to check it out since I'll be a new mom soon! ;) About new debt, are ya gonna have a ball replacing brake pads this harsh winter? :giggle:
Nope, thats why she is getting a warranty...

Putting the van up for sale

Attachments

• van 064.jpg
    van 064.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 15
  • van 065.jpg
    van 065.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 14
  • van 068.jpg
    van 068.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 15
  • van 066.jpg
    van 066.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 14
  • van 067.jpg
    van 067.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 14
  • van 069.jpg
    van 069.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 11
  • van 071.jpg
    van 071.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 11
  • van 072.jpg
    van 072.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 15
  • van 074.jpg
    van 074.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 13
  • van 075.jpg
    van 075.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 13
more

Attachments

• van 076.jpg
    van 076.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 13
  • van 077.jpg
    van 077.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 10
  • van 078.jpg
    van 078.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 10
  • van 073.jpg
    van 073.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 8
Tell your wife.... Take easy on a new car.
I did, Told her to quit driving like a raging lunatic....she didnt like that.
Nah, mainly she's a good driver, just lacks in the maintenance due field. Now she will get discounts for sevices, Thats if she keeps this, she will decide the fate by monday evening. Right now the dealer let us keep it for the weekend to drive and get the feel of it, If she wants to keep it then papers get signed and its hers.... She likes it, me not so much, but she needs a more reliable vehicle to get to work. Im also taking the van monday to have a shop look at it to see how much it will put a dent in our pockets to fix the few little issues as well, she is kind of leaning to keep it as a backup as its still a great van.

Get 1992 or something F-350 IDI (Nevermind the turbo, you can live without them!), have that truck coated with Line-x, and have undercoated by ziebart, you won't have to spend much money in long term. Parts for these trucks are DIRTY CHEAP! For instance, a set of fuel injectors (Mechanic type) for IDI cost equilievent to about 2 injectors for my DI diesel engine since my injectors are electronically controlled. Best part of IDI is that they don't run off computer so its simplicity at best, will last practically forever.

Well, any 7.3L Diesel is way to go. LOL My truck (2000 Excursion) proved me, since its 14 years old and has 188,xxxK miles on odometer and I have drove that truck from East coast all way to West coast in just couple months with almost zero hitch. I can't say zero because alternator blew out from too much accessories plugged in including fridge that I left running EVEN when engine is not running overnight, LOL Alternator couldn't recharge the dual batteries which is near dead state while feeding power to fridge. Took me just 10 minutes to replace it and get back on road. Because of that experience, I am leaning on keeping my Excursion, and get F-350, I like the looks from 1999 to 2006, so I am sticking with 7.3L cause it is easy to take care of, unlike today 6.7L diesel which I don't have skills or head to take care of it, hence on why I got rid of 6.0L... too much TLC is required.
BTW, when I mentioned that I drove my Excursion to California to my friends, all of them that don't know my truck runs off Diesel opened their eyebrows and wondering how I could afford gas with mammoth truck. I said, it runs off Diesel which gives me twice of mileage, they all ended up saying... "No wonder, yeah".

If you wondering if I will do that again, the answer is pretty much is... Yes, ONLY if pulling a RV! From my experience, anyone who are from East, want travel to West, and wanted to visit as much attractions as possible, my advise is 4 to 6 weeks of traveling, and plan way way AHEAD, there is so much to see out there in the West, just like back in East. I went there for two weeks, and it is STILL not enough, I had to because my prediction was fairly accurate, my wife's Gma had terminal illness, and we had to grab and see her for the last time. My wife's Gma passed away last night, peacefully.

I do, but its not mine, its the wifes...lol
I was looking at some new trucks, pretty nice, Hell, I like the Diesels...Im leaning, guess Im getting old.

sometimes I dread going out of house or getting out of bed, costs me..

Get 1992 or something F-350 IDI (Nevermind the turbo, you can live without them!), have that truck coated with Line-x, and have undercoated by ziebart, you won't have to spend much money in long term. Parts for these trucks are DIRTY CHEAP! For instance, a set of fuel injectors (Mechanic type) for IDI cost equilievent to about 2 injectors for my DI diesel engine since my injectors are electronically controlled. Best part of IDI is that they don't run off computer so its simplicity at best, will last practically forever.
Too much emission and i don't think sonocativo's wife would drive for 80 miles a day without a tow. It's not necessarily

Gee!, it is for Sono, not his wife. His wife wants newer one since daily commute 80 miles makes more environmentally sense. Sono isn't in for that 80 miles daily commute, right eh?

Just like mine, I got Excursion, for family trip and some hauls, while my wife got Focus so that its cheaper and environmentally friendlier since my wife isn't hauling as much as I do.

Too much emission and i don't think sonocativo's wife would drive for 80 miles a day without a tow. It's not necessarily

Really? Notice how the guys just passed right over this. :cool2:

Really? Notice how the guys just passed right over this. :cool2:

:hmm: Maybe she wants to tell more later...

What is there to say?

How did that happen? Do you mean you will be giving birth? Are you adopting a child?

Who's the lucky father?

It's kind of situation that is fraught with peril to comment upon.

Well, i thought this thing was smaller than the van, feels that way inside, but side by side, the suv is a MONSTER.... 18" wheels...the works...ouch..lol

But it gets better MPG than the van...surprisingly.

Attachments

• Roof 005.jpg
    Roof 005.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Roof 006.jpg
    Roof 006.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Roof 007.jpg
    Roof 007.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Roof 008.jpg
    Roof 008.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 14
  • Roof 009.jpg
    Roof 009.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Roof 010.jpg
    Roof 010.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Roof 011.jpg
    Roof 011.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 12
Well, i thought this thing was smaller than the van, feels that way inside, but side by side, the suv is a MONSTER.... 18" wheels...the works...ouch..lol

But it gets better MPG than the van...surprisingly.

I like your fingers as license plate shields!

Hmm, that is just awesome! Going to check it out since I'll be a new mom soon! ;)

Congrats on being a new Mom, is this your first? You have to let us know Boy/Girl, and all those other little bits that comes along with the newborn...lol
Hell, I was looking for a Meme I seen, cant find it...

Said
Yeah its Friday ! oh, wait, Im a Mom....lol

Back