The Origins of Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not referring to you, Reba. :hug:
I better calm down before I hurt others' feelings.
I don't want to hurt your feelings, either. I'm sorry if I came across too hotly. Sometimes I let my feelings get the better of me; I need better self control, for sure.

Believe it or not, I'm mellow compared to my younger days. :)

You have also voiced your disbelief that these things are happening, Reba. You have attempted to minimize it at every turn.

I've read your posts. All of them start with "IF".:cool2:
Nope. I said they don't happen as an official service-wide policy. I said those officers who are doing so should be punished to the full extent possible. How is that minimizing it?

Cannot post something that doesn't exist.

Bingo. In this world of dreams, nothing exists. There are no words and there is no Alldeaf.

*muttering*

...Banning the use of DDT in Africa and elsewhere has helped caused an increased spike in deaths, especially among children.
That's the two-edged sword. DDT does a great job of eradicating disease-bearing insects. However, the side effects on the environment, wildlife, and humans is disasterous.

In the olden days (of black and white TV), DDT was sprayed in American neighborhoods, and kids romped thru its clouds. Yikes! It was true. The people thought it was harmless, and they thought that its benefits were close to miraculous.

That's the two-edged sword. DDT does a great job of eradicating disease-bearing insects. However, the side effects on the environment, wildlife, and humans is disasterous.

In the olden days (of black and white TV), DDT was sprayed in American neighborhoods, and kids romped thru its clouds. Yikes! It was true. The people thought it was harmless, and they thought that its benefits were close to miraculous.

Speaking of miracles, I hope you don't expect a reply from someone banned. :giggle:

Speaking of miracles, I hope you don't expect a reply from someone banned. :giggle:
I didn't even notice. Interesting.

As far as a reply, I wasn't expecting one for that post anyway; I was just making a comment.

Things are happening at AD way too fast for me to keep up.

What: bug spray thin egg shells, 'jungle-b-gone' and cancer... what's the topic?

OH, if homosexuality might be biological, and if it is what right does the masses or dominant society have to curtail their rights in regards to normally unions of consenting adults (marriage or legal union) via (pursuit of happiness).

What: bug spray thin egg shells, 'jungle-b-gone' and cancer... what's the topic?

OH, if homosexuality might be biological, and if it is what right does the masses or dominant society have to curtail their rights in regards to normally unions of consenting adults (marriage or legal union) via (pursuit of happiness).

There is more than sufficient evidence of the biological implications in homosexuality. Therefore, the masses have no right to make a determination to curtail a homosexual's rights, any more than they have the right to curtail the rights of one whose skin is darker, whose intellect is below normal, whose hearing does not function the same as the majority, or whose eyesight does not fall into the average range.

I don't want to hurt your feelings, either. I'm sorry if I came across too hotly. Sometimes I let my feelings get the better of me; I need better self control, for sure.

I would have liked to met your younger self :)

I get the feeling if American Gladiator would have been around back then you would have been on.

There is more than sufficient evidence of the biological implications in homosexuality. Therefore, the masses have no right to make a determination to curtail a homosexual's rights, any more than they have the right to curtail the rights of one whose skin is darker, whose intellect is below normal, whose hearing does not function the same as the majority, or whose eyesight does not fall into the average range.

My second Mom is gay, Hannah is bi. I'm gay, I have two gay uncles. A classmate from high school's mom is gay, and now that classmate is gay.

My second Mom is gay, Hannah is bi. I'm gay, I have two gay uncles. A classmate from high school's mom is gay, and now that classmate is gay.

There are those that would argue that you are being taught the behavior. But there is more to support a genetic predisposition than there is to support that it is a learned behavior. You simply cannot teach someone to be attracted to the same sex. In fact, in twin studies and birth order studies, there has been quite a bit of evidence to support the conclusion that prenatal exxposure to hormonal levels has a huge impact in the future sexual orientaion of the fetus.

Maybe they are putting extra hormones in the food or water (then goes 'bamf' like nightcrawler to somewhere safe ;) )

There are those that would argue that you are being taught the behavior. But there is more to support a genetic predisposition than there is to support that it is a learned behavior. You simply cannot teach someone to be attracted to the same sex. In fact, in twin studies and birth order studies, there has been quite a bit of evidence to support the conclusion that prenatal exxposure to hormonal levels has a huge impact in the future sexual orientaion of the fetus.

Taught? Until I was fifteen I always wondered why my uncles didn't get married and have kids so I could have cousins to play with. I was SO straight until I was 15.....and then I fell in love with my best friend at an all girls camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back