Russia accused of state-sponsored doping at Olympics

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
"The head of Russia's anti-doping laboratory has resigned, hours after it was stripped of its right to test samples amid accusations of Olympic sabotage, Russian Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko said Tuesday.

A World Anti-Doping Agency commission demanded a life ban Monday for lab director Grigory Rodchenkov, who was accused of covering up positive doping tests, extorting money from athletes and destroying 1,417 samples before inspectors visited…."

More:

Russia fights claims of state sponsored doping at Olympics

Why am I not surprised. :lol: I always thought it was funny. If you're born with superior genetics that make you stronger and faster that's fair but take a drug to do it and thats cheating? I mean no matter how much I train and work out I am never ever going to be as good as a pro athlete.

Now there's a surprise! They have been doing it for years. Back in the 70's and 80's everyone knew the USSR and East Germany were doping their athletes.

I'm glad they're banning (or at least considering it - not sure if it's a done deal yet?) the Russians from 2016, and perhaps beyond. Teach them a lesson. We Americans have dealt with our own (e.g. Lance Armstrong). We're not immune to this either.

MLB, NBA, NFL, BOWLING, NCAA cheerleading team, badminton players do get cheating. I am disappointed in olympics committee, they failed to detect doping. They need a better system to bust doping before or during the Olympics.

MLB, NBA, NFL, BOWLING, NCAA cheerleading team, badminton players do get cheating. I am disappointed in olympics committee, they failed to detect doping. They need a better system to bust doping before or during the Olympics.

Problem is the people doing the doping are one step ahead of the Olympic doping people. Back in the 60's, 70's and 80's the East Germans were doping all their athletes and I don't think they got caught once. Unfortunately, today a lot of their former athletes are now paying the price with much shorter lives.

well, what about that Biker guy.... Lance Armstrong... everyone does it. Nothing new, just again, whiners trying to ban everything because they got butthurt.

well, what about that Biker guy.... Lance Armstrong... everyone does it. Nothing new, just again, whiners trying to ban everything because they got butthurt.

So it sounds like your condoning doping because everyone is doing it so it's okay? What about the side effects to it's participants and their offspring later in life, are we going to take care of them because they brought us sporting glory in their youth? Just look at what happened in East Germany and to their athletes, cheating is never a good thing and somewhere down the road you have to pay the price for what you did.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/26/s...ds-toll-they-killed-heidi.html?pagewanted=all

So it sounds like your condoning doping because everyone is doing it so it's okay? What about the side effects to it's participants and their offspring later in life, are we going to take care of them because they brought us sporting glory in their youth? Just look at what happened in East Germany and to their athletes, cheating is never a good thing and somewhere down the road you have to pay the price for what you did.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/26/s...ds-toll-they-killed-heidi.html?pagewanted=all

Nope, the government makes it illegal.. then they just want it more as with everything else in the world. The government controls what they want and they will. They will hide what they want and cover up those issues as they see fit. As far as the Athletes, they will do anything to be bigger and better, been doing its for years. They got better at making it more undetectable and will continue till it kills them one way or the other.
Body builders, bikers, olympians...

Steroids are okay for bodybuilders but you have to deal with ugly side effects.

Nope, the government makes it illegal.. then they just want it more as with everything else in the world. The government controls what they want and they will. They will hide what they want and cover up those issues as they see fit. As far as the Athletes, they will do anything to be bigger and better, been doing its for years. They got better at making it more undetectable and will continue till it kills them one way or the other.
Body builders, bikers, olympians...

It isn't technically illegal if you could get Rx from doctor but most drug companies stopped making it in 1990 after placed in Schedule III due to extra bureaucracy.

You can get from black market, unlike marijuana, steroids are less likely to be raid by police, also they are only under federal book, not state.

There is steroid vials for you and it make Indian dance very LOUDLY. :lol:

Yep, this is not news, we hear more professional athletes using illegal substances or doping to get bigger and stronger to compete. Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Mark McGwire, and for NFL, plenty of suspensions for illegal substances. It will never stop there. It's a shame and giving bad examples to the kids on how to play fair games.

NFL Suspensions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suspensions_in_the_National_Football_League

True. If you look at the top ten, all of them were taking enhancements.

I've heard someone say that Lance is still king. Just king of the enhancers.

The difference with the Russian story is that it is state-sponsored doping. It's not about individual competitors or teams but about the government doing the doping.

The difference with the Russian story is that it is state-sponsored doping. It's not about individual competitors or teams but about the government doing the doping.

And the government doping some of their athletes without the athlete knowing what they are taking. East Germany used to tell their athletes they were taking vitamins and supplements and the athletes believed them, also some were as young at 10!

Just wait until competitive yoga hits the olympics and everyone starts taking muscle relaxants.

Back