U.S. troops killed and wounded amid Afghan protests over Koran burning

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is more to this story than we know. Why did the General need to come calm down the troops? What were they doing that we do not know of?

There is more to this story than we know. Why did the General need to come calm down the troops? What were they doing that we do not know of?

freaking out that their base was being over run? :dunno:

...People who would be offended by this burning of Quran would be mostly Muslims. (Just like how burning of the Bible would offend Christians, etc.). Are you implying that all Muslims cannot be reasoned with?....
If our government or military burned Bibles without a good explanation I would be offended but I wouldn't riot or kill anyone.

If our government or military burned Bibles without a good explanation I would be offended but I wouldn't riot or kill anyone.

I understand. Wouldn't you expect an apology from your government/military for burning the Bibles?

the Paladin will take care of it.
Paladin, Paladin
Where do you roam?
Paladin, Paladin,
Far, far from home.

Attachments

• paladin.jpg
    paladin.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 7
I understand. Wouldn't you expect an apology from your government/military for burning the Bibles?
Depends on the reason that they burned them. I would expect at least an explanation.

A Muslim member started a thread last night in which she expressed her misgivings about the sentiments. Her thread was pulled. So, a few people ARE offended.

What? A muslim spoke up and her thread got pulled? No way. Wow.

Ok, well, naturally, I'm going to take a break from AD if this is what they do. That's bullshit.

Ok, well, naturally, I'm going to take a break from AD if this is what they do. That's bullshit.

Me, too. I do not respect a site that allows unabashed Muslim-bashing. :mad:

Me, too. I do not respect a site that allows unabashed Muslim-bashing. :mad:

Wow. Somehow, I missed that. I don't blame her for wanted to say something... :(

Last edited:
A Muslim member started a thread last night in which she expressed her misgivings about the sentiments. Her thread was pulled. So, a few people ARE offended.

I don't think anyone was offend by the thread. ( I am assuming you are talking about Frankie's Mom's thread). I was up pretty late and the only bad comment I saw was yours. I am pretty sure your comment was a bit of sarcasm that was taken the wrong way.

:dunno: maybe something happened this morning. I do know that I wasn't offended by the OP.

Afghanistan got a formal apology. There has been no mass condemnation from Muslims concerning the brutal murder of our forces.

Why apologize when it does nothing?

????

I have a problem with 2 things in this post:

1) "ludicrous it is to apologize for unintentional mistakes to people"
Huh? If I bump into someone unintentionally, I shouldn't say I'm sorry?

2) "how ludicrous it is to apologize for unintentional mistakes to people who cannot be reasoned with"

People who would be offended by this burning of Quran would be mostly Muslims. (Just like how burning of the Bible would offend Christians, etc.). Are you implying that all Muslims cannot be reasoned with?

I need to add: I understand the whole "Cannot reason with the Taliban/extremists" theory and I agree, but unfortunately, people blur the line between extremists and Muslims in general.

Ok, let's suppose you bump into someone in a crowded mall. You say you're sorry .... No big deal. Except the person you bumped into goes in to a fit of rage as his family stands and watches him beat you to a pulp. They do nothing to stop it or discourage it.

There is also a chance that thread started by Frankiesmom who also said....
guys..i am muslim, and all of this bigotry really hurts my feelings..wow. i just cant believe the way some of you guys think.

and this
i appreciate that! its hard being a muslim woman in todays world..people act like you are going to bomb their store or something..sometimes, when i watch the sunset, i cry a little, thinking about the persecution that my people are going through right now..it shakes me to the CORE.

http://www.alldeaf.com/current-events/99209-kids-turned-away-church-9.html

Was deleted because she also said this....
i am a roman catholic..and as long as religious institutions arent forced to participate in same sex marriages if it goes against their teachings, its really no ones business. because honestly.. quickie divorces and adultery are far more destructive and detrimental than anything, and they are perfectly legal. as long as everyone can respect others beliefs and rights to do as they see fit for themselves and their families, why not live and let live? although i think everyone shouldnt go into marriage blind..too many people think that marriage is all fun and games and happy feelings, but no..its a lot of hard work and not very many people take it seriously. that, to me, should be the bigger issue, not who so and so is marrying.

http://www.alldeaf.com/1858769-post106.html

In July. Maybe the mods new this and deleted it. Then again maybe they caught on to the flying pig avatar. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back