Botti How?

dogmom

Reaction score
:aw: Botti I'm thinking about you, how are you today?

Sick with despair. I am much better with animals than people.
I know that's not the appropriate, reassuring answer, but to me dogs are perfect beings.
Unconditional love and trust .

I rescued my poodle when she was only three months old. For her first four years she was very shy and clingy, and then we rescued our Shih Tzu. I have a picture from the first day home with her.

They are sitting in a chair and the poodle is smiling more than anyone could smile. She never stopped smiling and being happy after that. She was kind of the center of our world.

Part of this sadness is my health and that I don't think I will be able to rescue another dog. It actually means a lot to me to do good and that's the way I am most successful at doing good.

I know this will pass, but it feels like she was the best dog who ever lived, and I can't believe such perfection had such a short time of life.

I know that's not the appropriate, reassuring answer, but to me dogs are perfect beings.

I rescued my poodle when she was only three months old. For her first four years she was very shy and clingy, and then we rescued our Shih Tzu. I have a picture from the first day home with her.

They are sitting in a chair and the poodle is smiling more than anyone could smile. She never stopped smiling and being happy after that. She was kind of the center of our world.

Part of this sadness is my health and that I don't think I will be able to rescue another dog. It actually means a lot to me to do good and that's the way I am most successful at doing good.

I know this will pass, but it feels like she was the best dog who ever lived, and I can't believe such perfection had such a short time of life.

That's a very moving story about you and your dog. I'm so sorry for your loss and I'm glad that she bought you so much happiness. :hug:

:hug:

It doesn't help either of you, I know. How I wish I knew of something that would. But there's this:

A dog has died, by Pablo Neruda
My dog has died.
I buried him in the garden
next to a rusted old machine.

Some day I'll join him right there,
but now he's gone with his shaggy coat,
his bad manners and his cold nose,
and I, the materialist, who never believed
in any promised heaven in the sky
for any human being,
I believe in a heaven I'll never enter.
Yes, I believe in a heaven for all dogdom
where my dog waits for my arrival
waving his fan-like tail in friendship.

Ai, I'll not speak of sadness here on earth,
of having lost a companion
who was never servile.
His friendship for me, like that of a porcupine
withholding its authority,
was the friendship of a star, aloof,
with no more intimacy than was called for,
with no exaggerations:
he never climbed all over my clothes
filling me full of his hair or his mange,
he never rubbed up against my knee
like other dogs obsessed with sex.

No, my dog used to gaze at me,
paying me the attention I need,
the attention required
to make a vain person like me understand
that, being a dog, he was wasting time,
but, with those eyes so much purer than mine,
he'd keep on gazing at me
with a look that reserved for me alone
all his sweet and shaggy life,
always near me, never troubling me,
and asking nothing.

Ai, how many times have I envied his tail
as we walked together on the shores of the sea
in the lonely winter of Isla Negra
where the wintering birds filled the sky
and my hairy dog was jumping about
full of the voltage of the sea's movement:
my wandering dog, sniffing away
with his golden tail held high,
face to face with the ocean's spray.

Joyful, joyful, joyful,
as only dogs know how to be happy
with only the autonomy
of their shameless spirit.

There are no good-byes for my dog who has died,
and we don't now and never did lie to each other.

So now he's gone and I buried him,
and that's all there is to it.

Translated, from the Spanish, by Alfred Yankauer

:hug:

:hug::hug:

Hugs and a willing shoulder for you to weep on, Botti....My thoughts will be with you today.

Thank you for rescuing dogs in need.

I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Botti I know just how you feel and I really sorry for lost of your dear poodle.
Not to take any attention away for you, I am sick with despair knowing my
granddog will be gone Wed. Maybe you could be a foster mom for a dog , there are a lot of dogs that need a loving home learn how to trust people. You would be the prefect person for the job! :hug:

Botti I know just how you feel and I really sorry for lost of your dear poodle.
Not to take any attention away for you, I am sick with despair knowing my
granddog will be gone Wed. Maybe you could be a foster mom for a dog , there are a lot of dogs that need a loving home learn how to trust people. You would be the prefect person for the job! :hug:

Thanks. I am sorry about your daughter's dog also.

Botts sorry about your dog, I know it feels just the same to lose a pet than it does someone you know, they are family.. you are a very kind hearted woman. hope you feel better soon oxox

Botts sorry about your dog, I know it feels just the same to lose a pet than it does someone you know, they are family.. you are a very kind hearted woman. hope you feel better soon oxox

Thank you , CBE.

Botti, bless your heart. This is sad news indeed. Your dear poodle was lucky to find you, and you to find her. I love the picture of her big smile the day your brought the Shih-Tzu home!

Beautiful, heart-felt poem.

I'm with you in your grief. Dogs fill a place in our heart that people never reach.

Big, big hugs to you and yours as you mourn, and celebrate, the life you shared with your poodle.

"No heaven can heaven be, if my dog's not there to welcome me." (By that prolific writer, "Anonymous.")

Bott: Prof SKY sends a meow and hopes that your lost -will be a replacement-soon!
I didn't forget you today-5 laps.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

:aw: your answer was fine, you wrote what was real and deep in you and that was important.

that's a wonderful picture and story too, and what a kind heart you have for your dear dogs. I tell people - my dogs are my heart- and I'm always thinking of them the way I imagine you might too.
Like you, I think my biggest talent or area of success is working with dogs and its an area I feel like I know and can contribute something and I don't feel for myself like I have a lot of other hard "skills" useful "out there". I intuit much that I do with the dogs and I know how hard it is when this kind of things happens, no matter the age or the situation.
I know you don't go for hugs so much but please remember you are in my heart Botti and your dogs too.

Grendel, :ty: for sharing the beautiful poem. It was a gift:aw:

whatdidyousay! I'm sorry also with you:hug:

Botti, bless your heart. This is sad news indeed. Your dear poodle was lucky to find you, and you to find her. I love the picture of her big smile the day your brought the Shih-Tzu home!

Beautiful, heart-felt poem.

I'm with you in your grief. Dogs fill a place in our heart that people never reach.

Big, big hugs to you and yours as you mourn, and celebrate, the life you shared with your poodle.

"No heaven can heaven be, if my dog's not there to welcome me." (By that prolific writer, "Anonymous.")

:hug: She had a great furchildhood with you and her fursiblings. :)

Bott: Prof SKY sends a meow and hopes that your lost -will be a replacement-soon!
I didn't forget you today-5 laps.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

:aw: your answer was fine, you wrote what was real and deep in you and that was important.

that's a wonderful picture and story too, and what a kind heart you have for your dear dogs. I tell people - my dogs are my heart- and I'm always thinking of them the way I imagine you might too.
Like you, I think my biggest talent or area of success is working with dogs and its an area I feel like I know and can contribute something and I don't feel for myself like I have a lot of other hard "skills" useful "out there". I intuit much that I do with the dogs and I know how hard it is when this kind of things happens, no matter the age or the situation.
I know you don't go for hugs so much but please remember you are in my heart Botti and your dogs too.

Thank you all for your kind words.

Back