Receiving temporary hearing aids

heyjustin

Reaction score
Just a question.

I had a hearing aid that recently got lost. This one wasn't paid and was a temp. So, I finally got insurance and they are able to cover my hearing aids at no cost! First I need to go back to the doctor for a clearance letter then go back to them so I am eligible to receive new hearing aids. However, this is a process. I would need new a hearing mold and wait 3 weeks they said. Is it possible the doctor can give me temporary hearing aids to use while I wait in 3 weeks? Not hearing for the past few days has been killing me. I'm sure doctors are supposed to provide you something to use temporary until you receive new hearing aids yes?

I never got a temporary HA. I'm not quite sure how that would work in the first place since they need to be fit for your ears and would have to be sent out to make them either way.

I've used temporary hearing aids in the past... can't remember how it went though- I think they were analog. With digital it may be more of a pain because of specific settings. So now one has to try to keep their last old pair and use those in a pinch (have done that too).

I had an audi that would loan me a hearing aid while mine was being fixed . This really depend on how good the audi is , a good one has
HA to loan out.

Back