How does this work?

AlexísBingham

Reaction score
Okay, this is my first day to use this site, so how do I "chat" with people? What exactly am I supposed to do on here?

Basically you go through the different topics, and reply to the topics that interest you. The users here are very friendly - you will probably eventually find yourself in a conversation with someone (even if only a short conversation) in a topic.
Later on, after a certain amount of posts in the forums (I can't remember how many), you can message people if you want to have private conversations with them.
Enjoy AllDeaf!

-Jason

Basically you go through the different topics, and reply to the topics that interest you. The users here are very friendly - you will probably eventually find yourself in a conversation with someone (even if only a short conversation) in a topic.
Later on, after a certain amount of posts in the forums (I can't remember how many), you can message people if you want to have private conversations with them.
Enjoy AllDeaf!

-Jason

I think it's 20 post?
Anyway Hi Alexis you could tell us a little about yourself , are you hearing deaf or hard of hearing , going to school or working and if you have any pets
I am HOH and have dog .

So I'm currently HoH, but am losing my hearing. I have 1-2 years left that I may be able to hear before it's gone. I have many pets.

You only need 5 posts before you can use the PM system not 20. :)

alexis, Have fun looking around and enjoy it- you can ask for help if you get stuck :)

Okay, this is my first day to use this site, so how do I "chat" with people? What exactly am I supposed to do on here?

This is a discussion Forum here. We discuss on the topic. I don't think there is a "chat" here. Sometime member(s) want to go off topic to say something that has nothing to do with the topic that we discussed. But have to remember to get back on the same topic that we discuss. Hope you understand what we are discussing here. :)

:wave:welcome,it American site but public forum so I don't comment much on American internal matters I don't understand them I stick with general conversations...people get to know your style sometimes I get told off but it friendly

It's not a chat room, but a discussion board.

Read through topics that interest you. If you have something to say, feel free to post it... as long as they are within forum guidelines.

Back