The Droid

when will it going release?

As they say, any time now. It was supposed to be release in early February, but that got delayed. Verizon and Motorola are currently testing the 2.1 out on the Droid to ensure there isn't something amiss.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Yeah, VZ is expensive but it does come with unlimited sms and mms. That's an add-on for Sprint (mms is not included in the sprint relay plan of $29.99/mo.

I just found out that Cricket lets users receive SMS and MMMs for free, and it's reasonable to send them out, too. I used to have unlimited picture mail on my phone but hardly ever used it. I'll think I'll get a Cricket PayGo phone for occasional voice use (and rare MMSes) and the Samsung Moment for data.

It's already determined that the droid and the nexus one are the only two android phones getting flash 10.1 by adobe. The moment will not get it because it's not fast or powerful enough to run it.

Yeah, I know the Droid and Nexus are more powerful than the Moment and able to run Flash 10.1; that's why I was so interested in the Droid. But it just doesn't make sense for homebodies like me to pay so much money (more than $65 a month after taxes and fees) for a service we won't need or use all that often. Does makes sense for people like you who are out and about more often. I also need to get a phone I can use by voice, too (I'll , and I've also got the use of my own Wi-Fi enabled laptop computer and PDA that I can use at Starbucks or other WiFi places. (The Moment, another Android device, can be made to provide wireless tethering, too.)

In a year, there'll probably be more powerful, better designed, and cheaper WiFi-enabled devices and they may have known, not just hypothetical, accessibility features. Right now, no one is providing captioned YouTube or Hulu.com videos over mobile phones, as far as I know. If they do, a lot of us can start to reward them with our business at that time.

There are now Android WiFi-enabled cordless phones (with Flashlite, too!):

Multimedia Handset - DSP Group

Imagine the possibilities! Who knows what other neat devices will come up?!

But go ahead----make us GREEN with jealousy with what your Droid can do now and in the future! LOL! :bowdown:

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

ok, hope it works out for you. Good luck and do stop by to share your experience with whatever phone you get and how cricket works out.

I am android fan.. I love my HTC hero! My sister has the Droid and she loves it so much as well!

The new Droid 2.1 is off limit! It won't work or benefit to use laptop as mobile VP due no rooting.

I would love to get Android phone but sadly there are MANY issues about font size. So I might just wait for new iphone down the road. I have BB Tour, i don't like it. I have question, tho. that data plan is only for Moto Droid? Can it work for Droid Eris? Let me know. It's for my friend.

I would love to get Android phone but sadly there are MANY issues about font size. So I might just wait for new iphone down the road. I have BB Tour, i don't like it. I have question, tho. that data plan is only for Moto Droid? Can it work for Droid Eris? Let me know. It's for my friend.

Yup, $55 for unlimited data and text are applies to any smartphone/PDA, including Droid and Eris.

I totally want the Droid. My friend has one and I am envious. Two more years til I can get another STAP voucher so I can get a new cell phone. *sighs*

zerodog, late congrats! I aware you using droid phone, but what is model of smartphone you have? ;)

Back