Israel will give no warning if they attack Iran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steinhauer

Reaction score
AP: Israel Won't Warn US Before Iran Strike

Israeli officials say they won't warn the United States if they decide to launch a pre-emptive strike against Iranian nuclear facilities, according to one U.S. intelligence official familiar with the discussions.

The pronouncement, delivered in a series of private, top-level conversations, sets a tense tone ahead of meetings in the coming days at the White House and Capitol Hill.

Israeli officials said that if they eventually decide a strike is necessary, they would keep the Americans in the dark to decrease the likelihood that the United States would be held responsible for failing to stop Israel's potential attack. The United States has been working with the Israelis for months to persuade them that an attack would be only a temporary setback to Iran's nuclear program.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak delivered the message to a series of top-level U.S. visitors to the country, including the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the White House national security adviser and the director of national intelligence, and top U.S. lawmakers, all trying to close the trust gap between Israel and the United States over how to deal with Iran's nuclear ambitions.

all for more reason why we need to stop funding and providing Israel with military toys. Israel has become a criminal state like PLO.

kudos to Obama for spanking Israel

all for more reason why we need to stop funding and providing Israel with military toys. Israel has become a criminal state like PLO.

kudos to Obama for spanking Israel

Yep, and for calming down China and Russia. Iran is their ally and they made it clear they will retaliate if it gets attacked.

IMHO we need a president that sides with our nation's allies and doesn't bend over backwards to nations threatening force.

Sounds weak .... like Carter.

IMHO we need a president that sides with our nation's allies and doesn't bend over backwards to nations threatening force.

Sounds weak .... like Carter.

even... with Israel who won't bother to inform Americans beforehand?

I agree with Iran that Israel needs a regime change.

even... with Israel who won't bother to inform Americans beforehand?

They are doing that so the U.S. dosen't get held responsible. :wave:

Or so .... the article would have me believe.

Obama is a wonderful example of how to handle politically sensitive situations with diplomacy and forethought. The US is very lucky to have such a levelheaded leader.

They are doing that so the U.S. dosen't get held responsible. :wave:

Or so .... the article would have me believe.

don't mind me while I lol at this post.

Obama is a wonderful example of how to handle politically sensitive situations with diplomacy and forethought. The US is very lucky to have such a levelheaded leader.

Yep. He is a shoo-in for reelection.

he needs to bow lower.

What exactly makes Israel an ally? WTF have they done for us? All we do is protect them and let them get away with thievery and atrocities.

Time to throw Israel under the bus and let them fend for themselves.

Sometimes Israel, in its' relationship with USA, reminds me of a kid brother that tells some big guy "My brother can whoop you!" then stands back and waits for it to happen.

I think I'm getting ill! Yep, just threw up in my mouth! Great, now I gotta brush me teeth again!

Obama is a wonderful example of how not to behave as president and bow down and kiss the feet of our enemies! My guess is he will go down in history as the worst president ever! We will be lucky when we get him out of office!

Our country had prospered because we have been an ally to Israel. It is Biblical and it has worked. The moment we turn our back on Israel is the moment when things start going very wrong.

I wish Obama had been a good president but he has an agenda. For that we will all suffer. Pray for America!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back