List of IP relay.

Hmm, its plausible. I can see why this is happening and why this is possible cause. With only $1.35 a minute I think, and after overwhelmed hit by departed SIPRelay, Purple may be understaffed and unable to verify every new sign ups from former SIPRelay users. In business world, there is no point of hiring more people when the situation is pretty much temporary. Purple could hire from Temp agencies but the problem is not enough would know ASL, or even Deafies available for temporary positions from temp agencies.

It seems that FCC is much more aggressive than ever and it may hurt the bottom line. What I see is that Once FCC see one person with hard evidence of defraud them, FCC then applies to EVERY DAMN ONE regardless cause they now view every damn one as potential fraud-esters. The trust there is gone and FCC don't give damn because they now are 100% immunity to any financial loss whether they (FCC) is doing right or not.

So, it seems to boil down to cost of doing business and not enough revenue to survive. Perhaps Purple is smart enough just to forget the IP-relay business since it is too risky to lose money, and not enough room to absorb the losses.

After hearing and seeing happening in Relay landscape, I am done working for Relay companies. They are not the same anymore, and the atmosphere inside the Relay companies now is downright ice-cold. Want work for Relay companies? You missed the best days as they are now just in history book.

Does anyone have Purple's new SmartVP? Wondered if they have text relay option?

Does not matter if SmartVP offers one or not, Purple shut down IP relay department, meaning employees who doing the text relay operation lost their job, how can SmartVP continue provide IP relay? Who is doing the text relay operation inside Purple? Nobody! Those who continue doing Video Relay service will NOT do text relay for customer, period because it is not part of their job description.

SmartVP 1.0 or 2.0? Purple contacted me recently to upgrade.

Does not matter if SmartVP offers one or not, Purple shut down IP relay department, meaning employees who doing the text relay operation lost their job, how can SmartVP continue provide IP relay? Who is doing the text relay operation inside Purple? Nobody! Those who continue doing Video Relay service will NOT do text relay for customer, period because it is not part of their job description.

That's true. I misread the question.

Nope. Sorry.

Funny, I asked Purple this question if they have text relay option. I did not choose Purple yet, just emailed to ask questions. Their response:

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Purple as your relay provider. We have received your inquiry. Yes, SmartVP have text and save the conversation via email. If you want to sign up with our services. Please go to our website www.purple.us and register with our services.

Sounds like they misunderstood my question?

Funny, I asked Purple this question if they have text relay option. I did not choose Purple yet, just emailed to ask questions. Their response:

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Purple as your relay provider. We have received your inquiry. Yes, SmartVP have text and save the conversation via email. If you want to sign up with our services. Please go to our website www.purple.us and register with our services.

Sounds like they misunderstood my question?

It does seem that they misunderstood, just like I did.

Either that or that is really a "form letter" that gets automatically sent out and they haven't updated it yet.

Back