Who eat meat?

If it swims, moves, makes noises.... it gets eaten....lol
If its green, yellow, orange, red, white.... it gets eaten.
If its green tea, regular tea or pepsi...it gets drank....

Nothing better than farm animals on a kabob !!!!

We use to pull the inside of the challah out and ate it! We were :naughty: kids ! Dogmom do you have any Jewish bakery near you , I don't . :(

I've done that too, WDYS! No we don't have a jewish bakery near - we have a "kosher-style" restaurant on the East side that's been there for years and years, which is where most of the religious/synagogue-involved Jews live now.... and there's a kosher restaurant in the Senior Center complex. But so far as an actual bakery - no, sadly. For that you need to order online or go to Skokie.

Nu you like onion rolls too, Botti? What do you like to put on them?
My dad really misses a good onion roll - I noticed a new <non-Jewish> deli in the area actually offering onion rolls. I've been considering getting my dad just one from there, to see if he would like it.

I've done that too, WDYS! No we don't have a jewish bakery near - we have a "kosher-style" restaurant on the East side that's been there for years and years, which is where most of the religious/synagogue-involved Jews live now.... and there's a kosher restaurant in the Senior Center complex. But so far as an actual bakery - no, sadly. For that you need to order online or go to Skokie.

Nu you like onion rolls too, Botti? What do you like to put on them?
My dad really misses a good onion roll - I noticed a new <non-Jewish> deli in the area actually offering onion rolls. I've been considering getting my dad just one from there, to see if he would like it.

I like them toasted with butter. Or in a sandwich with turkey breast and onion and tomato.

I like them toasted with butter. Or in a sandwich with turkey breast and onion and tomato.

I totally love onion rolls.

Can you believe I hated anything onion when I was growing up? It wasn't until I became an adult that I finally realized the world of onions! :)

For me, I eat chicken, turkey, salmon, tilapia, shrimp (Gulf only), catfish and ground beef (meatloaf and taco only).

Most frozen shrimp at groceries are imported and filled with bacteria.

I've had shrimp but not in the last couple of years.

I know a few people who don't like onions; when I was a kid I actually didn't like onions as much as I do now.

Toasted with butter sounds good, Bott....

Yeah, you're right - it IS hard to find real old country dark rye or pumpernickel bread. I recently got some Russian bread that was made in Chicago bakery, for my folks. It was dense, dark loaf - my folks loved it.
That bread in the pic looks delicious!

My background is German with one side coming to the US in the mid 1800's and the other in the later 1800's. I thought of pumpernickel bread as a German food not as Jewish.

Last edited:
oh, so far as meat goes, though - salmon patties. I used to love my dad's salmon patties. He added fresh onions and spices and some lemon and spent time getting the fish and bone pieces from the canned salmon, separated, and then would fry them.

My folks also made liver and onions but I didn't like that:lol:

They still make many things but not those dishes.

Back