I'm hearing, I have a crush on this deaf girl..

Those great! Thanks for the laffs. I have one that I can remember:

Q: How did Dairy Queen get pregnant?
A: Burger King forgot to wrap his Whopper.
Why did ronald mcdonald go to jail?
Tried to get his big mac in wendys hot n juicey....lol

Just try your best. My fiancee who is deaf asked me forbpen and paper the first time he wanted my phone number other than that he would use his phone to communicate since my asl was a little off since I really only knew the alphabet.

Well, you may have heard em before, but these are painfully cheesy, so don't read any further if you're lactose intolerant

Why did a belt walk into the bar?

..to get waisted...

Why don't ghosts drink beer?

...it goes right through them...

Why did Waldo go to therapy?

...to find himself...

What do you call a fish with no eyes?

...a fsh...

On second thought, maybe these aren't a great idea...I'll just show myself out...
This is why I don't have friends lol, I've memorized hundreds of em...
Just a heads up on jokes.

Jokes that depend on word-play or rhyming don't always play well with deaf people.

Those great! Thanks for the laffs. I have one that I can remember:

Q: How did Dairy Queen get pregnant?
A: Burger King forgot to wrap his Whopper.

Why did ronald mcdonald go to jail?
Tried to get his big mac in wendys hot n juicey....lol

OK guys; you might get a laugh out of those jokes but I wouldn't recommend any sexually themed jokes for someone trying to start a relationship with a young lady.

OK guys; you might get a laugh out of those jokes but I wouldn't recommend any sexually themed jokes for someone trying to start a relationship with a young lady.
yeah, I was just playing off the other

Hey, sonocativo..my buddy, looks like we got busted. We can look at it this way, every family has a bad uncle or two. :)

Hey everyone, I really need advice. I'm 18 years old and hearing. My second semester at college just started, and this girl stumbled into my painting class (I'm an art major) like 10 minutes late. As she walked in and took her seat, it seemed as if the world was moving in slow motion. As it turns out, she's deaf, and there's an interpreter in the class. I'm really shy and cripplingly socially awkward, so normally I just keep to myself, but there's just something about her that I feel I have to introduce myself. I'm just not sure how to go about doing that... I've been teaching myself a little ASL on YouTube as much as I can, but I can't exactly carry a conversation beyond basic introductions. I feel like going through the interpreter might be awkward as well. Also, if I do try ASL, I know I'll screw something up, and I'm afraid she might take it as being offensive. And why would she want anything to do with me anyway, considering there would be quite a communication barrier? I don't know, I already have issues with social interactions, but now I'm just totally lost. Should I just leave it alone, like is it just an unrealistic pipe dream? Should I just forget her? Or should I just give it a shot, and if so, should I try what little ASL I know? What if she signs using something different though, like BSL or something and I just make an idiot out of myself... And would deaf people even want anything to do with someone hearing? If any of this was offensive or ignorant then I deeply apologize, I just truly don't know. Thanks for any advice, I really appreciate it!
I think she will be happy you're even trying. No one else tries. And it's impressive to show that you want to communicate with her. Do it, even if you mess up she will probably think it's cute and laugh. [emoji4]

Will start friends first then see what happy there,okay

Sent from my LGMS345 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Trying to make sense out of this?

I think the OP mean try to become friends with the young lady and see where is goes from there. The OP could try to get to know some of young lady friends and become a part of the crowd her hang out with.

I'm not a lovelorn columnist or romance advisor but I did work several years as an interpreter for college classes. Using an interpreter may seem awkward at first but it's not hard. I've interpreted between student introductions and other social interactions, no problem. Terps are supposed to be discreet about confidential conversations.

I've also noticed that a brief, friendly, neatly handwritten note goes a long way. Just starting with a short "Hi, my name is Taylor. Welcome to art class" note and a smile (with eye contact) never hurt.

If you do start signing to her, keep it brief and simple to start with. Again, a simple greeting, "Hi, I'm Taylor." Be up front with her to let her know that you're only a beginner, and don't try to fake understanding her signs if you don't.

Now, only use the above suggestions if you want to meet the girl for who she is as a person; not just because she's an exotic Deafling. She will sense your sincerity or lack thereof.

Deafling, :lol::lol:

I think the OP mean try to become friends with the young lady and see where is goes from there. The OP could try to get to know some of young lady friends and become a part of the crowd her hang out with.
" Friend Zoned"

Wait..... I just noticed the title and there are some red flags too. This reminds me of a sitution where a guy I knew who really didn't have the best social skills . He had a "crush" on one of my friends. He barely knew her except by sight but had an enourmous crush on her. I'm honestly not trying to be a Debbie Downer or anything......but how can you have a crush on her without even really knowing her as a person?
I kinda think you like the idea of her, rather then crushing on her as a person.
I agree with everyone else. Make friends with her, and see how that turns out. The key to a deeper realtionship is starting out as friends. There's no such thing as Instant Relationship.

Wait..... I just noticed the title and there are some red flags too. This reminds me of a sitution where a guy I knew who really didn't have the best social skills . He had a "crush" on one of my friends. He barely knew her except by sight but had an enourmous crush on her. I'm honestly not trying to be a Debbie Downer or anything......but how can you have a crush on her without even really knowing her as a person?
I kinda think you like the idea of her, rather then crushing on her as a person.
I agree with everyone else. Make friends with her, and see how that turns out. The key to a deeper realtionship is starting out as friends. There's no such thing as Instant Relationship.
theres not?

Back