Ovii Chat - Real Time Communication app for iOS

OviiChat

Reaction score
There are some real time communicators on the market but they are extremely expensive.

iphone.gif

So we have made this app for you all, the Deaf community.
A real time communicator in your pocket :)

Its called Ovii Chat.
Simply install it on the devices you wish to use it on, and when you open the app on both devices (up to 8), it automatically connects.

for example you can install it on your iPad and iPhone, and give the iPhone to someone who doesn't know sign language that you wish to speak to, and begin chatting straight away in real time, letter by letter :)

We have been working for over a year on this with Deaf colleagues to give you the best and most useful experience, we hope you enjoy it!

Soon you'll be able to walk into a shop, automatically connect and start talking to the person behind the till who doesn't know sign language, without having to use paper notes or gestures, or try to lip read.
They can speak into their device or type, and talk to you letter by letter in real time.

Just search Ovii Chat on the app store.

www.oviisoft.com

Real time conversation allow the others to read my typo and damn auto text errors.

No thanks.

Real time conversation allow the others to read my typo and damn auto text errors.

No thanks.

Its mainly for the Deaf to read what others say who don't know sign language.
instead of waiting for them to write everything they want to say, the Deaf person can read everything as it is being written for a more natural and fast conversation.

Downside(s):

1. Not everyone has both an iPhone and iPad- or two iPhones.
2. Many have android phones/tablets rather than Apple products.

and still more...like me...
3. have an Android phone and iPad.

Sometimes I carry both around but not on a regular basis unfortunately.. well right now anyway. Maybe at work I might do that if I ever get a job.

I suppose one way around this too is to just text yourself and communicate that way (downside is the message gets repeated lol- I just tried it).

Interesting app though.

Back