What if you could have a DREAM MUSIC HEADSET

Innovatable

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

We are innovators composed of engineers, developers, and designers who came together because we want to make a headset that translates songs to vibrations. We have 54 hours to complete an initial product design for Global Startup Weekend, and we want to know how you perceive and use music. There are many products out there, but we want to it to be for you, by you.

SO what do you look for in music devices? Are there any out there that could be improved upon? Everything helps! Thanks

We will post the results of the competition here on Sunday once it is over.

Hello everyone!

We are innovators composed of engineers, developers, and designers who came together because we want to make a headset that translates songs to vibrations. We have 54 hours to complete an initial product design for Global Startup Weekend, and we want to know how you perceive and use music. There are many products out there, but we want to it to be for you, by you.

SO what do you look for in music devices? Are there any out there that could be improved upon? Everything helps! Thanks

We will post the results of the competition here on Sunday once it is over.

There's a reason deaf people are known as "People of the eye."

Don't get me wrong I like a good deep bass vibranting my whole car, but I don't think I or really anyone would wear headphones that vibrant. I might be wrong good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

Shoot i don't mind wearing headphones with vibration if it for video games or music. That will be worthy both deaf and hearing enjoy new stuff

I was wrong

No you weren't! :lol:

It's only one person and not representative of the group.

Plus I don't think he thought out what that would feel like

No you weren't! :lol:

It's only one person and not representative of the group.

Plus I don't think he thought out what that would feel like

you don't know. you must be old generation. I used to have skullcandy headphone. It's deep loud bass and it used to feel like vibration. i used to play counterstrike. i felt soft vibrate on right side of my headphone that let me know enemy on the right side and far away from me. if it vibrate little bit strong vibrating, it letting me know enemy are near. so you don't know what i felt.

I had skullcandys also, I like the vibration of the bass but not solely vib. I could see how gaming it would be different, especially in COD or battlefront or any pvp. But for non gamers or non pvp players I see no use in these. So if they market them gaming headset for deaf and hoh then yes great product. Well it sale, idk about that

It would be uncomfortable to put a headphone over CIs and hearing aids.

I don't wear my ha with my headphones and I can imagine it is harder to do with CIs

Great Idea if you can get an a very wide spectrum of sound through to the bone conductors, I believe that bass is not a main characteristic in a great sounding headset, true stereo and blue tooth connectivity with hearing aid built into the headset would be a winner. Main reason is if player online is gaming with friends in the same room you need to here them as well as the source or surrounding sounds in the current environment. I'm only a hobbyist into electronics and have built many proto types but none could do both. Also analog hearing aids have a better sound quality as to digital which has time lag problem with high speed gaming. By the way I am profoundly deaf in both ears and have no ear lobes so headsets are the only way to go, unless you try for a Baha set type which would mind boggling ...

Back