VRS & Glide

sar662

Reaction score
Hi,
I work at Glide with the support team and we got a few people telling us they couldn't register / login with VRS numbers.

I want to help them but I'm missing some info:
  1. What are the big 3 VRS providers we should aim to support?
  2. Can someone please explain to me how VRS numbers handle SMS?
  3. Can someone please explain to me how VRS numbers handle automated phone calls?
Last, if anyone has had this (or a similar) problem registering or logging in with alternate phone numbers, please contact us at http://www.glide.me/help.

Thank you all,
Yosef Sukenik
Glide

It depends where you are located as far as which VRS is most popular. Sorenson is probably the biggest, ZVRS, Hamilton, Purple would be the others. I suggest you call them in an official manner as a Glide rep and they will put you in touch with the correct tech people.

VRS and Glide have NOTHING to do with each other.

It is like if you have issues with your home telephone (Wired to phone company) and you called Wireless provider with issues on your inside house phone wiring, what can wireless company do? Practically NOTHING.

Its matter of calling WRONG company for assistance.

What OP needs to do is simply referred to VRS provider (No need to supply name of company because it could be wrong one), it is NOT their job determine which companies they need to refer customer to, it is customer's job contacting the right company. This is because if company refer customer to wrong agent once again, they are making themselves look bad.

The answer to #2 is that they do not handle SMS. That's your customer's mistake for putting in their VRS number instead of their mobile number.

1. What are the big 3 VRS providers we should aim to support? correction .the big 4 is Sorenson VRS, purple VRS, Zvrs, convo relay. but I can tell you that you are barking up the wrong tree. see answer in question two.
  2. Can someone please explain to me how VRS numbers handle SMS? VRS does NOT use SMS. VRS is simply a way to handle calls via "landline like numbers" . the deaf/hoh is mistakenly thinking that their VRS number is the same as thier cellular phone number. You need to add Q & A answer for deaf/hoh to register to use thier CELLULAR number that came with their andriod or iphone when they signed up with thier phone company like verizon,sprint, at and t,etc.
  3. Can someone please explain to me how VRS numbers handle automated phone calls? what do you mean by automated from glide point of view? again answer points to number 1 and 2. really VRS calls is really simple.the neustar system that is independent of VRS companies that automatically routes the calls to the VRS centers or the deaf person VRS number (not their cellular number) VRS is centered around the deaf/hoh that needs to make/receive phone calls. from deaf to hearing - they are automatically routed to the VRS center to a screen with a interpreter and they can begin the call to a hearing person and then interpret both ways. from deaf to deaf- it just goes DIRECTLY the the person phone that is registered with the VRS number, again NOT cellular numbers. the deaf person MAY have a vrs number on thier andriod and iphone, but its not the SAME number. I beleive that some deaf are trying to register with glide with a ipad or tablets that doesnt have a sms text number on it since they may be poor enough not to have a celluar phone with data services. I have been able to double my glide using same text number on tablet and phone and was able to receive the glides on both. again its the TEXT number part to register the glide so the app can "activate" you need to explain to the deaf about better.

Back