Child - parent outdoor monitor? ...

I just don't leave my babies side. Also if anyone is actually choking even a hearing person wouldn't hear it, the air way would be blocked so not even sound could get through. If they are making a gagging noise than air can still pass but not a lot.
I like being able to see my babies at all times, so I normally have a hand on them or I watch their every move, a helicopter parent I believe is what people call them lol. You can maybe live stream a go pro from a helmet you kid wears to a com...... Best advice I have.

Thanks.
I told them deaf parents have children all the time, and I never heard or read about child accidents rate or death rate higher for them than the hearing parents -
- btw, is there even such a thing? a hearing/deaf parental "efficacy" comparison rate?

However, they argue that a hearing parent who for instance goes to the loo is able to hear a scream or a sound
of something, say, falling, breaking, or whatever emergency it is to hear thus is able to quickly react.
While a deaf parent (and hence, a deaf nanny) can not, therefore is unsafe.
I argued that's why we have various monitors which help us tell whenever something is happening in our absence.
We, too, can "see" the sound of a child falling, dropping something, or screaming in pain, calling for help etc
and too, can run out of whatever other place to appropriately react.

However, in the outside environment I had to stop at "watching like a hawk". here I was trumped with hearing superiority :(

Fuzzy

Thanks.
I told them deaf parents have children all the time, and I never heard or read about child accidents rate or death rate higher for them than the hearing parents -
- btw, is there even such a thing? a hearing/deaf parental "efficacy" comparison rate?

However, they argue that a hearing parent who for instance goes to the loo is able to hear a scream or a sound
of something, say, falling, breaking, or whatever emergency it is to hear thus is able to quickly react.
While a deaf parent (and hence, a deaf nanny) can not, therefore is unsafe.
I argued that's why we have various monitors which help us tell whenever something is happening in our absence.
We, too, can "see" the sound of a child falling, dropping something, or screaming in pain, calling for help etc
and too, can run out of whatever other place to appropriately react.

However, in the outside environment I had to stop at "watching like a hawk". here I was trumped with hearing superiority :(

Fuzzy

What difference does it matter how we watch our child if we need to relies on using our eyes like a hawk or use some kind device to made sure our child(en) are OK if doesn't make us unsafe parent. Hawks are very protected parents so if had to watch my child like a hawk I think of that as being a good parents . My friends called me a 'mama bear' when it came to watching my child. Hearing parents use buy baby monitors , even they won't always hear their baby crying while sound asleep. You said your children are adult so that mean you were a good safe parent .

By your thinking fuzzy you would also have to think about parents that are blind, younger teenagers now days, have epilepsy, and busy single parents. All these parents have a harder time 'keeping an eye' on children not just deaf/HoH parents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

You can buy a baby buggy you can see your baby's face . Some friends and my sister brought me one , it was the kind of buggy you used in the 50's . I had one
something like this one . You could put the top back so could see your baby's face . My sister got it so I could see my baby's face .

pram3.jpg

Pramulator I used it for my kids plus baby not on car exhaust level like buggy

Ok, how do you convince hearing person you are able to nanny- sit even if you can't hear a screaming baby?

her argument is, you can't watch like a hawk all the time. sometimes you have to go to, say, the bathroom.
what if child makes some accident, like feel of a chair? or a sofa and hurts himself and screams? how do you hear that?

Fuzzy

Ok, how do you convince hearing person you are able to nanny- sit even if you can't hear a screaming baby?

her argument is, you can't watch like a hawk all the time. sometimes you have to go to, say, the bathroom.

what if child makes some accident, like feel of a chair? or a sofa and hurts himself and screams? how do you hear that?

Fuzzy

Sounds like this person is a helicopter parent. What if a hearing person goes out to get the mail or down to the basement to get the laundry. Just quick trips but any of the things mentioned could happen while the parent is "out of range".

Fuzzy[/QUOTE any physical problems The trips to A&E ratio no difference
NAzie Germany had these views and sterilezed Deaf so narrow views bring no good
A deaf nanny proberly safer than hearing one.This argument do not stand up and I say read or watch story 'profoundly normal'

I just need a valid example- argument. happy if there is more than one.
if at all.

If someone have it, I'll be grateful.

Fuzzy

I just need a valid example- argument. happy if there is more than one.
if at all.

If someone have it, I'll be grateful.

Fuzzy

Just tell the fool if deaf and hoh parents weren't safe parents their kids would be taken away from them and if this was the case there would a flood of kids living in foster homes . And that is NOT happening ! I haven' heard of one case were a deaf or hoh parent child was hurt or mistreated . I really don't see why you care what this fool of a person think .

I would just tell her that you are highly tuned to your surroundings, more so than most hearing people. We are also very sensitive to vibrations so if a toddler falls somewhere in the house you will most likely feel it. As an example, when my furnace kicks in, I can feel the rumble through the floors. Same thing with the fridge.

So if the toddler falls, you will feel it. However if he didn't fall and he's crying/screaming for attention, you will know about it shortly because you will become aware of it due to him thrashing about and his facial expressions contorting. And besides you will not be out of sight for longer than a pee break anyway….like most people, deaf or not.

Just tell the fool if deaf and hoh parents weren't safe parents their kids would be taken away from them and if this was the case there would a flood of kids living in foster homes . And that is NOT happening ! I haven' heard of one case were a deaf or hoh parent child was hurt or mistreated . I really don't see why you care what this fool of a person think .

^^^^ this also I agree with.

Thanks Sheri.

Listen guys, I know it's annoying but try to understand, being myself HoH mother and a member of this forum
I do know deaf parents are safe parents.

However, in the discussion regarding whether or not the deaf person could be a qualified nanny,
the question is not of my beliefs but of those who never ever met a deaf person in their life.

Now, try to explain to such a person we deaf have a "sixth sense" that help us to deal with the world with ways no hearing person can. or knows of.
I get what you guys say, but they don't. so I had to come up with arguments that they not only can comprehend, but respect, too -do you get the gist?

What makes me mad is I did tell them we feel vibrations, we have eyes "around our head", we are excellent body language readers - it's nothing to them. cold, hard facts, like a technology is what makes them believe.

What can I say, it's an old story - a person who has no experience with deafness at all "knows better" what we can do or not do :(

Pisses me off, too.

Fuzzy

Thanks Sheri.

Listen guys, I know it's annoying but try to understand, being myself HoH mother and a member of this forum
I do know deaf parents are safe parents.

However, in the discussion regarding whether or not the deaf person could be a qualified nanny,
the question is not of my beliefs but of those who never ever met a deaf person in their life.

Now, try to explain to such a person we deaf have a "sixth sense" that help us to deal with the world with ways no hearing person can. or knows of.
I get what you guys say, but they don't. so I had to come up with arguments that they not only can comprehend, but respect, too -do you get the gist?

What makes me mad is I did tell them we feel vibrations, we have eyes "around our head", we are excellent body language readers - it's nothing to them. cold, hard facts, like a technology is what makes them believe.

What can I say, it's an old story - a person who has no experience with deafness at all "knows better" what we can do or not do :(

Pisses me off, too.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy, it sounds to me as if you have already given all the arguments, and there is no more to say in this situation. I'm sorry they don't get it, but I wouldn't beat my head against the wall any longer....let it go.

Thank you. It was important to me to win it, but... I couldn't, alas.
What a shame, that there still are people out there who, despite best explanations, still "knows better".
grrr

Fuzzy

Back