Kentucky clerk refused have same sex marriages license!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kentucky Clerk Is Handcuffed and Charged with Contempt of Court for Refusing to Issue Marriage Licenses to Same-Sex Couples
http://www.people.com/article/Kentucky-clerk-kim-davis-arrested-comtempt-court-gay-marriage

Will court fine Kentucky clerk over same-sex marriage licenses?
http://www.katv.com/story/29949606/will-court-fine-kentucky-clerk-over-same-sex-marriage-licenses

Ky. clerk's office will issue marriage licenses Friday — without the clerk
http://www.thv11.com/story/news/pol...-court-clerk-marriage-licenses-gays/71635794/

BUT clerk will remain in jailed!!

Last edited:
The office willbe issuing the licenses...
The plm is solved...
Jaiking her is now just to make an example of her...it serves no other purpose....as friday the licesnes are issued...

That seems like overkill.

That's usually for contempt of court.

but ACLU and gay couples (plaintiffs) rather to fine her instead of jail time, but some judges can be extremely butt by sending someone to jail.

I'm also Christian,Reba

I do respectively same sex couples marriage& dating I don't discriminate for that mostly same sex couples have rightful to marriages in fifty states and countries also granted by president Obama and Supreme Court also..

But Kentucky clerk not allowed get same sex marriages certificate I ain't surprised that I would give her two thumb down!! Have three opinions:
A:Resigns
B:Jail
C:FIRED!!!!!!

She cannot be fired but she can be impeached from state legislature - that's highly unlike because of republican control.

The office willbe issuing the licenses...
The plm is solved...
Jaiking her is now just to make an example of her...it serves no other purpose....as friday the licesnes are issued...

They are jailing her until she agrees to release licenses... the purpose is control

They are jailing her until she agrees to release licenses... the purpose is control

Yes it is..
But. The office is issuing the licenses...jst fire her snd let her go...keeping her locked up just deminstrtaes how far the idea of tolerance has fallen..
I see no reason other then the simple fact the state can, to hammerbthis woman, to ibey when the plm is now solved..
(Shakes head)

The problem may be solved.. temporarily- what happens if she is successful in returning back to her job?

The problem may be solved.. temporarily- what happens if she is successful in returning back to her job?

Isnt she going to be kept in jail until she submits?
Bieng in jail mans she isnt at work, isnt that grounds to fire her?
Considering the issue is solved...the office will be doing the paperwork...
I see no reason other then to punish and make an example of her to keep her in jail....
Its fun and cool when a group gets to weild the states club....fine..and everyone gets a chance...at somepoint...granted...but i think its ominous...really...and if it really picks up and the majority decide to actually not go against their faith..club no club...society will be far worse and the gains made.less.and even lost.
Make haste slowly....
Thats how it should be done, not dragging women to jail for not signing a damn paper...
Interesting times ahead....

Yes it is..
But. The office is issuing the licenses...jst fire her snd let her go...keeping her locked up just deminstrtaes how far the idea of tolerance has fallen..
I see no reason other then the simple fact the state can, to hammerbthis woman, to ibey when the plm is now solved..
(Shakes head)

Firing her, unless I am mistaken which is possible, would lead to a possible lawsuit... they have to make her "willing" submit and appear to be completely within the grounds of the law...

Government corruption in action.

This bitch needs to be terminated from her job, period. Just any companies one works for has policy to follow. If one can't follow policy, whats point of paying them doing their job without following policy?

I remembered days of my employment where I have to follow company policy at all times, many of them were against my beliefs BUT since I do not own the company, and I was paid to do the job for a company so therefore I have to do what my employer ask me to whether I like it or not.

(Donald Trump's voice) YOUR FIRED, BITCH!

You all need to read the news better. It's an elected position. She CANNOT be fired. Only impeached by state legislature. She was jailed because the judge felt a fine would be paid by her supporters and not have is punitive effect. The legislature is republican controlled so impeachment is not going to happen.
I Just know this is one of those states I hope I never have to visit or live in.

You all need to read the news better. It's an elected position. She CANNOT be fired. Only impeached by state legislature. She was jailed because the judge felt a fine would be paid by her supporters and not have is punitive effect. The legislature is republican controlled so impeachment is not going to happen.
I Just know this is one of those states I hope I never have to visit or live in.

Do you read my post above?

In KY, the senate is majority democrat and house is majority republican so I believe that impeachment require 2/3 vote - that's impossible.

Louisville is mostly democrat.

Think won't happen? Think again, there are long line and list for county clerk and unfortunately this includes money, when the clerk is in jail, there won't be any transaction going on, do you think town people will be willing to sit tight and not letting impeachment happen?

Mess is only get bigger unless she do the job or terminate and let election take over.

I dont know specifics...how work in kentuky...but there must be way to remove person from that job if they dont do the job...
Anyway...
Best thing is to release her...and hwve other people in ofdice do paperwork...
Easy...really
Punishing with jail will.breed plms down road...

I dont know specifics...how work in kentuky...but there must be way to remove person from that job if they dont do the job...
Anyway...
Easy...really

While I do support the clerk being thrown into jail or being fined... I am concerned about that if it does really happen because it'll only going to make her even more of a martyr. I don't get why she just simply can't resign the job and let someone else take over... She'd rather stay to try and force her beliefs onto the law.

While I do support the clerk being thrown into jail or being fined... I am concerned about that if it does really happen because it'll only going to make her even more of a martyr. I don't get why she just simply can't resign the job and let someone else take over... She'd rather stay to try and force her beliefs onto the law.

I don't get why (they gay girl/woman in general/black girl) just simply can't resign the job and let someone else take over... she'd rather stay to try and force her beliefs onto the law.

Hmm one slight change... and maybe you can understand...
What is wrong with her having beliefs that she is willing to stand for? What is wrong with allowing others sign the licenses? Why jail her? If it was for forcing the license to go through her, knowing full well that she would not sign them, then alright... but... if it is for her refusal... I ask why...

Think won't happen? Think again, there are long line and list for county clerk and unfortunately this includes money, when the clerk is in jail, there won't be any transaction going on, do you think town people will be willing to sit tight and not letting impeachment happen?

Mess is only get bigger unless she do the job or terminate and let election take over.
I said nothing about it not happening again. Just clearing up misinformation as multiple posts talked about firing her. In fact there are plenty of other religious extremists in America that I'm sure it will happen again multiple times

Anyway...
Easy...really
Nope elected officials must be impeached or recalled (via recall election) in America. She is not just an employee she is the county clerk. She directed all of her staff not to issue marriage licenses to same sex couples.
Which brings up another point that it violates the religious beliefs of the employees that support same sex marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back