After This Woman Deposited an Average Looking Check,

rockin'robin

Reaction score
The Bank Sent Her an ALARMING Message

Depositing her paycheck into the ATM was never a big deal for Lanette Reed.

But one recent trip to the bank changed all that.

After Reed placed her paycheck into an ATM in Alexandria, Kentucky, she received some alarming news within a few days.

Her check of $1,400 didn’t make it into her account.

She then received a letter from her bank stating it couldn’t process her transaction.

“I call the call center, and they cannot tell me anything,” Reed revealed to WCPO-TV in Cincinnati.

Hours after the news station contacted the bank, Reed’s money was transferred into her account, but the idea of using an ATM to deposit money isn’t high on her list anymore.

“You don’t know when you’re going to see it again,” she told WCPO.

The bank replied to the station that Reed’s check may have had some strange marking on it that prevented the ATM from properly reading it. WCPO stated that new ATMs scan checks electronically and that “no human touches that check, as they did when you used to put it in an envelope.”

WCPO left us with a few tips:
1.If there’s a bank branch near your ATM, take a few extra minutes and deposit your check with a human teller and hang on to your receipt.

2.If you’re stuck using an ATM, don’t ever deposit a check with letters and numbers that are hard to read.

http://capitalismisfreedom.com/woman-deposited-check-atm/

I never, and would never deposit $$ thru the ATM....Most banks are open until 6pm, and also 1/2 day or more on Saturday.....Best bet would to have a direct deposit of your paycheck....or take it to a live teller...

Also, it's so frustrating to be in line at the ATM, and someone is trying to deposit a check or checks...time consuming!....

I use my bank's mobile deposit to take a pic of the check and it automatically deposits. Absolutely love that feature. I don't deposit a lot of checks as my paycheck are direct deposited but the times I've used it worked perfectly.

Last edited:
AlleyCat, I use the camera picture deposit feature for my bank account, as I am nearly 30 miles from the nearest bank. And please remove the name of the bank in your post. Do not let potential crackers know what bank you use.

AlleyCat, I use the camera picture deposit feature for my bank account, as I am nearly 30 miles from the nearest bank. And please remove the name of the bank in your post. Do not let potential crackers know what bank you use.

Thanks for the advice. I edited my post to take that out. :)

Back