Got my Phonak Naida Q50 UP's programmed

Delville

Reaction score
So I got my hearing aids the other day that I bought used from eBay, they came programmed for the user that had them before myself but they were just not enough power for me. So I had to go get them programmed by a audiologist yesterday and let me you what a huge difference it made and so wonderful to actually hear everything. In two weeks I'm going back to fine tune them but for now I just have a baseline programmed in them, but what a difference from what I had before.

ImageUploadedByAllDeaf1411004595.968146.jpg

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

Thank you. Just need some fine tuning now.

Glad you love them! =)

Do you get a lot of background noise when your trying to listen to the person directly in front of you and have a hard time hearing or understanding the person in front. I have that problem and the same problem while in a car but with road noise as the background noise. Is there anything that can be done about this? Other than that I really enjoy them and still getting used to them.

So I got my hearing aids the other day that I bought used from eBay, they came programmed for the user that had them before myself but they were just not enough power for me. So I had to go get them programmed by a audiologist yesterday and let me you what a huge difference it made and so wonderful to actually hear everything. In two weeks I'm going back to fine tune them but for now I just have a baseline programmed in them, but what a difference from what I had before.

View attachment 21528

Great news! And so glad that you have an audiologist that was willing to program aids they did not sell.

Great news! And so glad that you have an audiologist that was willing to program aids they did not sell.

Yes he was very understanding, of course I had to pay for the service but well worth it.

Do you get a lot of background noise when your trying to listen to the person directly in front of you and have a hard time hearing or understanding the person in front. I have that problem and the same problem while in a car but with road noise as the background noise. Is there anything that can be done about this? Other than that I really enjoy them and still getting used to them.

Glad you got them programmed and can benefit from wearing them. I don't have the same aids as you but background noise Is lower than speech. Same goes for road noise. It seems like you hear speech and noise at the same level. It's possible your audi programmed your aids as analogs where all sounds are amplified. I would definitely ask your audi about that on your next visit.

Glad you got them programmed and can benefit from wearing them. I don't have the same aids as you but background noise Is lower than speech. Same goes for road noise. It seems like you hear speech and noise at the same level. It's possible your audi programmed your aids as analogs where all sounds are amplified. I would definitely ask your audi about that on your next visit.

Thank you very much I will def look into it.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Definitely talk to your audiologist about tweaking programs you want to use for noisy situations. I have a "noise" program on my Naida, and that does help cut down on car noise while driving and it helps a bit in noisy situations.

When I first got my Q50s, yes. It took a while for my ears to adjust to the new sounds and what not. Eventually they will get blocked out because I gotten used to them.

Just give your ears time to adjust to the hearing aids. It took about 2 months before my ears adjusted to them and now they sound wonderful.

background noise Is lower than speech. Same goes for road noise. It seems like you hear speech and noise at the same level. It's possible your audi programmed your aids as analogs where all sounds are amplified.
It's also a new hearing aid for him as well. Keep that in mind. Any new hearing aids will take some time to adjust to them and get used to those sounds and eventually our ears will block out all those feedbacks and background noises. It took about 2 months for my ears to adjust and they are just perfect.

Del,
Just give it another month and see if your ears will adjust. After another month, if they are still an annoyance, then go in for adjustment. I went back to my audiologist after 2 months and we fine tuned it just right, because at that time, I got used to the sounds and what I was hearing. Plus I was able to pinpoint issues that I wanted to get resolved.

It's also a new hearing aid for him as well. Keep that in mind. Any new hearing aids will take some time to adjust to them and get used to those sounds and eventually our ears will block out all those feedbacks and background noises. It took about 2 months for my ears to adjust and they are just perfect.
It does take time to get used to the sound of new hearing aids. Each brand of hearing aids have a different sound. I have new hearing aids also with tomorrow being at two weeks wearing them. They did sound different from my old analogs but I've gotten used to the new sounds already.

When wearing analogs over the years, My ears or brain has never been able to block background noise while letting speech through. The reason is all of the sounds is amplified and piped directly into my ear canal. I can't separate the sound of speech from background noise as both were at the same level. It's great if you can do this though.

What's the correct way a audiologist would program your aids ? Usually mine does a few tweaks on the computer and then kicks me out lol , maybe I'm just too easily pleased. I just got 2 new Phonak Naida Q50 UP aids yesterday and they certainly need programming, I just hooked up the com pilot and holy crap it's awesome having no headphones

Back