Should schools be opened on saturdays?

B

Buckdodgers

I think it should But not elementry schools they can run monday though friday But Middle and High schools should be open mondays though saturdays But school ends early for Middle and High school students in mid april so they can look for jobs and earn their way though college.I think it would be a great idea so high school teachers can get time off too.

Some schools, like Florida School for the Deaf and Blind, end school almost at the end of May. And speaking of Saturday? Heck not for me!

No way, We don't need follow other countries, also we must follow America culture about 5 days for school.

I agree...I don't see any reasons for Saturday... For me, it's not that easy to take a break during weekends, like if I are in Orlando, I'd go to Disney World every Saturday and Sunday... :)

But that doesn't mean other countries are better than USA.

C'mon man... Who wanted to go to Middle or High School during Saturday? No one!

But that doesn't mean other countries are better than USA.

C'mon man... Who wanted to go to Middle or High School during Saturday? No one!

Yea, I agree.

GOP or Dems don't support school on Saturday.

There's no Saturday school in Mexico and Canada.

Hell no way!!! rather monday to friday go to school not on sat forget it lol need spend time with family and friends on weekend :)

I think it should But not elementry schools they can run monday though friday But Middle and High schools should be open mondays though saturdays But school ends early for Middle and High school students in mid april so they can look for jobs and earn their way though college.I think it would be a great idea so high school teachers can get time off too.

You are :crazy:

I want my future kids to have saturdays and sundays off so they can relax and have fun on the weekends.

No way.

You can't judge on another countires which it's their choose. If Predisent or Goverment rather Schools to open on Saturdays then they will do that in a long time ago, but they only allow Monday to Friday to be open because they can be with family and friends on weekends- Saturdays and Sundays. :roll:

Well we cant have taxpayers paying scholarships for kids who cant afford college And get this,Some Black kids get free college while white kids have to pay but some of them cant afford it.So why not make kids go to school on saturdays and by Mid April you work your ass off at your job and save for college by working for 4 months until you get back to school in september.Why should i have to pay for college? Its Bad enough local governments have to increase local sales taxes to pay for schools.So why should i have to pay it? I DONT EVEN HAVE CHILDREN!!

I'd rather have schools stick with M-F schedule instead of adding the Saturday school days. They need time to spend with family, friends and also do their homework or whatever. I can't imagine going to high school classes on a Saturday.

In college, you can go to classes on Saturdays and that's your choice.

WHO cares about that

now ways school on sat kids NEED breaks on weekends
kids don't need stresses from school
stresses ARE not good for kids' health

i rather M-F school days

Stress is a fact of everyday life.Adults get stress from their workplace so why should kids get special treatment?

actually some schools have saturday school due to bad grades so.. ;) that can happen in some schools so it's a fact so.. but SCHOOL all day on saturday nah.. I prefer stay home and sleep in.. but IF work on saturdays then that makes sense :lol: blah.. but whatever some people works 7 days :bowdown: they must be workacholics

Well we cant have taxpayers paying scholarships for kids who cant afford college And get this,Some Black kids get free college while white kids have to pay but some of them cant afford it.So why not make kids go to school on saturdays and by Mid April you work your ass off at your job and save for college by working for 4 months until you get back to school in september.Why should i have to pay for college? Its Bad enough local governments have to increase local sales taxes to pay for schools.So why should i have to pay it? I DONT EVEN HAVE CHILDREN!!

Jealous much?

If I had kids, I wouldn't wanna to put them in 6 days a week in school, that would be too much... rather keep the saturday free for school sports competition games, if kids wanna to play sports on sat morning... other then that... it will be family time for the weekend...

Thats why america is behind countries like Japan,China and Germany.

As usual, there is sometimes a kernal of truth in your statements but there is always more to it than that.

Take Japan (they do Saturdays but I believe halfdays), they are more into rote learning than thinking things through. In other words, you can get great engineers out that kind of system but not get great thinkers. They also have one of the most stressful school systems in the world. Student suicides are a common thing in Japan especially with all the exams they have to do to keep advancing to higher education. Is that a good thing? I don't think so...

In general, yes the US is "behind" in certain subjects. Typically, they would be the hard subjects like Math, Science, and etc. Yes, I agree they should strengthen the overall curriculum but they can do that in the context of the current system without resorting to adding Saturdays. If nothing else, they probably need to add some more school days to the calendar year.

Back