Medical question

andysmith

Reaction score
Hi, i am a medical student and i am doing research on how you over come barriers in the medical industry...

One person may call it a barrier. The other person may call it an obstacle. Life goes on.

have you ever had to deal with a medical obstacle that just made you fustrated and if so how can i as a student change that.

I'm not deaf, but I have a bit of an obstacle reading a "research" question that is written with improper grammar and incomplete/run-on sentences. If you're going to represent the medical community, it is my opinion that you should put a little more effort into how you're appearing. Especially since this is such an interesting topic to me- I'll be sure to check this thread later to see what comes up!

I do apoliguez. But i want to hear from people with barriers not people that like to critize others.

I'm not deaf, but I have a bit of an obstacle reading a "research" question that is written with improper grammar and incomplete/run-on sentences. If you're going to represent the medical community, it is my opinion that you should put a little more effort into how you're appearing. Especially since this is such an interesting topic to me- I'll be sure to check this thread later to see what comes up!

You are going to hate it here. By the way, I can put you in your place rather quickly if you start in with your grammar problems on any of my friends.

I should go put this in the what I hate about hearies thread. :mad2:

You are going to hate it here. By the way, I can put you in your place rather quickly if you start in with your grammar problems on any of my friends.

She didn't know. There's no need to jump all over her, even though I know a lot of you winced and were irritated by it. This should be one of the standard "oh and just so you know, we don't do that around here," no harm no foul sort of replies IMO...

Keep in mind I'm not taking anyone's side, just saying... :)

Hi, i am a medical student and i am doing research on how you over come barriers in the medical industry...

I'm not deaf so I can't really answer, but I don't really understand the question, either. Do you mean, communicating with doctors, nurses, getting your point across, etc?

She didn't know. There's no need to jump all over her, even though I know a lot of you winced and were irritated by it. This should be one of the standard "oh and just so you know, we don't do that around here," no harm no foul sort of replies IMO...

Keep in mind I'm not taking anyone's side, just saying... :)

pfft

What barriers exactly?

I for example hate it how they refuse to do tests that I need,
but they are too cheap to sent me for.
It's a barrier alright, but I can't do anything about them cheap ...

Fuzzy

I just want to apologize. I'm new here, if it wasn't obvious. I didn't know the original poster was deaf, I thought he was an outside medical researcher. I realize now that I should never assume and should have been much more understanding. I'm extremely embarrassed and I hope that I didn't offend anybody. If I did please accept my apology.

Holding the cross firmly and over your head with both hands, eh Botts? :giggle:

Fuzzy

Yeah, bring down the cost. It's crazy man!!! What kind of barriers do you have in mind? I cannot think of any medical that has been denied me except due to cost.

Now that I have kick ass insurance that pay for everything my only barrier is the damn medical insurance wants to deny everything that's not explicitly covered.

I'm not deaf so I can't really answer, but I don't really understand the question, either. Do you mean, communicating with doctors, nurses, getting your point across, etc?

Do we have to be deaf to answer the OP? Oh wait, is deaf supposed to be a barrier? Maybe I lead a sheltered life, but I've always made things work with medical needs. I'm sure there are some doctors out there that cannot be bothered by deaf patient. But they do not get my money. So I don't know who they are.

Back