Deaf around Philly, PA area?

N. McConnell

Reaction score
Looking for information/schedules of Deaf Events, Meets, gatherings, etc. for the Deaf in and around Philadelphia. Any help out there?

I am more familiar with the Pittsburgh area. But you could try:

Welcome to PSAD
the_asl_club : THE ASL CLUB
Yahoo! Groups
Deaf & Hard of Hearing People, Deaf & Hard of Hearing Meetups, events, clubs and groups near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The Pennsylvania School for the Deaf
deafindelaware : Deaf in Delaware

If you will google up for "Deaf Coffee" you will find seven locations in the Greater Philadelphia area. Five locations in the Philadelphia area with one in the city itself, one each in New Jersey (Somers Point) and Delaware (Wilimington).

What I would suggest for you to do is to E-mail them to inquire for more info, etc.

Deaf Chat

I believe there is a deaf chat Saturdays at Starbucks on South Street in Philadelphia--somewhere between 7th and 9th Street. (There's is a contact number for when it's cancelled, but I don't have it right now.) I think it starts at 3:00p.

Last edited:
Deaf Starbucks meets on Wednesdays on 9th and South actually. I usually go! Join me and my Deaf/Hearing ASL friends :)

Sorry to double post, but I'm wondering if anyone might know what time people usually gather on Wednesdays at this Starbucks in South Philly? :)

Deaf Happy hour

One event upcoming is a Deaf Happy Hour at Whiskey Tango Bar on August 14th 2009. There are also bowling leagues in the area that have a strong Deaf representation but I'd have to find out which nights. If you are looking for Christian gatherings, there are a few around but not the kind of numbers as you would find at the bar or the bowling alley. :( To Bible studies are run by Philly Deaf (WELCOME toPHILLY DEAF Ministries - Home) and one by Calvary Chapel's Deaf ministry. (Welcome To Calvary Chapel of Philadelphia) These are the only things that I'm aware of at the moment. Hope this helps.

Back