Is my Blackberry dying? :(

Need to learn on how to move on. Don't stick with old mushroom.

Wow your BB is almost 4 years old! Basically old in cell phone years.

Need to learn on how to move on. Don't stick with old mushroom.
Old mushroom? I haven't heard that saying before. :lol:

I spoke with the T-Mobile guy about an upgrade but it didn't seem worth it.

Originally Posted by Reba
I thought that my BB was losing a few minutes time the last couple of days.

Then, this morning, I found my BB stone cold dead. Nothing. So, I tried a little CPR by removing the battery, pausing, then reinserting the battery. I tried that a couple times. Nothing.

So, I plugged my BB into the charger. After a few seconds, the screen lit up with a battery icon. That's all. After a few minutes of charging, it finally showed the home screen. It showed the battery status icon as empty with a red outline. I've never seen that before. My battery has never drained to empty before. When it went to bed last night it was about 2/3 full battery.

I noticed that the clock was about 7 hours behind!

Finally, the battery charged to 100% BUT my internet is OFF. I can't send or receive emails.

Do you think it needs a new battery? I hope that's the only problem.

I guess I need to make the dreaded trip to the T-Mobile store.

Most interpreters using their outdated mobile. They don't see any point why bother to upgrade even voice and text still work fine and quick.
So it's a terp thing, heh? :hmm:

I get email, text, and voice phone on my BB. I can check the date and time. It keeps track of my schedule. I can surf the web during down time. I can take pictures if something interesting pops up. What else would I need? :dunno:

Most interpreters using their outdated mobile. They don't see any point why bother to upgrade even voice and text still work fine and quick.

hey... so do I... and my friends.... maybe it's also motorcyclist thing too? :dunno:

hey... so do I... and my friends.... maybe it's also motorcyclist thing too? :dunno:
Terps and bikers? Two cool groups of people. That must be it. We don't follow the crowd. :cool2:

So it's a terp thing, heh? :hmm:

I get email, text, and voice phone on my BB. I can check the date and time. It keeps track of my schedule. I can surf the web during down time. I can take pictures if something interesting pops up. What else would I need? :dunno:

more new web doesn't compatible with WAP (mobile version) anymore. Many are into HTML5 to make look pretty. big whoop

Old mushroom? I haven't heard that saying before. :lol:

I spoke with the T-Mobile guy about an upgrade but it didn't seem worth it.

learn to backup everything that you won't lose it and get new upgrade, learn something new that you would be totally hook up or make thing much easy for you.

learn to backup everything that you won't lose it and get new upgrade, learn something new that you would be totally hook up or make thing much easy for you.
I don't have to learn that. I've always done back ups and upgrades. The only important things I need to back up are my address book and calendar, which I do on a regular basis.

I don't have to learn that. I've always done back ups and upgrades. The only important things I need to back up are my address book and calendar, which I do on a regular basis.

are you use google account? If so, it can be sync via server, remind same to next new smartphone

more new web doesn't compatible with WAP (mobile version) anymore. Many are into HTML5 to make look pretty. big whoop

BB can handle HTML5 to a certain degree

Who cares about the beauty of a website on a smart phone screen? I want simple content and information on my phone. When I'm surfing AD, I don't care about its beauty. :lol:

Back