Telecoil neckloops or earhooks ?

highlands

Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you use any neckloops or earhooks that transmit sounds to hearing aids via telecoil ? What's your experience?

I ordered these
HC-NZF-MUSIC-D_2.jpg

Last edited:
I prefer the earhooks. Which one did you get, the NoizFree or the MusicLink? I would recommend the NoizFree ones (that's what the picture looks like). With the earhooks, they're right on your ears next to the hearing aids, so it sounds better. Neckloop is around the neck, so there's a gap between the neckloop and hearing aid and for me, I've always had to turn the volume up to max to be able to hear anything with the neckloop... with the earhook I don't need to turn the volume up as much. Hope you like them!

I will get the noizfree ones . I couldn't find them in my country so I ordered from a seller in the usa and am waiting for them to arrive here in ten to fourteen days.

good. the musiclink hooks are much smaller and annoying, you have to get them behind the hearing aid just right for the best sound. When my musiclink finally quits working, I'm getting another Noizfree.

What is your experience with earhooks for music or movie listening compared to casual headphones ? I use sennheiser hd 439 head phones but I guess telecoil would give crispier sounds.

I use it for music all the time. Sometimes I'll use headphones..... if I'm using my computer, I use headphones, but my ipod I usually use my earhook with the hearing aid and direct connect with my CI. Extra wires on me, but it works out.

Thanks for the information. Some report buzzing sound when using telecoil loops or earhooks. I'm waiting for my earhooks and will share my experience once I use them.

Using direct input leads and shoes will provide better sound and no interference.

More expensive but very good.

What is your experience with earhooks for music or movie listening compared to casual headphones ? I use sennheiser hd 439 head phones but I guess telecoil would give crispier sounds.

I've used to use the tele-coil and head phone to block out background noise. However, you have to turn the volume up very high and this can lead to distortion. When I had good hearing this was not an issue, but now it would be an issue as I have more loss.

I've never used a neck loop.

I use an FM system today when listening to music on an Ipod.

One thing to note, if you need to turn the IPOD up all the way to listen you are getting distortion.

I got the earhook today. It took me 13 days. It is mono, not stereo as I expected but sound quality is satisfiying and voice quality is a bit clearer then headphones ( I use sennheiser hd 439).

I got the earhook today. It took me 13 days. It is mono, not stereo as I expected but sound quality is satisfiying and voice quality is a bit clearer then headphones ( I use sennheiser hd 439).

Hope they work. I personally found the hooks not that good with naidas as the t coil inside the Naida is at the top of the aid and the t coil inside the hooks is at the bottom so made the sound super weak unless I wore the hooks upside down.

I've heard that's a problem a lot with other people's views.

I use them just fine with my Naida, just a matter of positioning the hook just right.

I use them just fine with my Naida, just a matter of positioning the hook just right.

A while back you posted a picture of your Naida with the ear hook taped to get the right positioning. That's what I had to do but I personally couldn't walk outside with my Naida like that.

That's right. The volume coming from telecoil is higher than headphones.

But where the t coil is in the Naidas means you will have to place the hooks quite far up the ear to get a good signal. Just hooking them over the ear gives a real poor signal.

Don't get me wrong, they are better then the neck loops but it isn't a simple solution of just placing the hooks over your ears. Seems to be a problem with where the t coil is on the Naidas.

I gave up on the t coil hooks, couldn't be adjusting them all the time to get a good signal.

They are easy. Just match ear hooks tips with the hooks of your naida hearing aids. They should be the same direction.

They are easy. Just match ear hooks tips with the hooks of your naida hearing aids. They should be the same direction.

Yea they are but the problem lies where the t coil is in your Naidas and where the t coil is in the ear hooks.

T coil is placed at the TOP of your Naidas. The very top, t coil is placed under the mics inside the aids.
T coil is placed at the very BOTTOM of the ear hooks.

Which in turn means a real weak signal.

Back