You Know You're Deaf When......

deafdyke

Reaction score
I have just been messing around on thecomputer reading a bunch of those "You Know You're....When..." lists...I thought it would be funny to create one for us Deafies.....Feel free to add!!!!!!

You know you're a Deafie when you can have a conversation without making a sound.
You know you're a Deafie when you own a vibrator....that's not for THAT use.
You know you're a Deafie when you like to make your aids produce feedback to drive hearies crazy.
You know you're a Deafie when things you own make no sound, but vibrate, flash light etc.
You know you're a Deafie when you're watching a television show and the sound blanks out for a second, and you automaticly turn up the volumne on your hearing aids.
You know you're a Deafie when you're woken up at night by a flashing light and your first thought isn't..."Have aliens landed?"
You know you're a Deafie when you knock on a hearing friends' door and don't hear them say "Come in" so you either leave(and then later find out that they WERE home) or continue knocking on the door.
You know you're a Deafie when you're an adult , but decided to get colored hearing aids and earmolds so you won't look like an old person, and b/c they didn't have them when you were a kid!
You know you're a Deafie when hearing people ask you if you're from a forigen country b/c of your "deaf voice"
You know you're a Deafie when someone tells you you speechread/lipread well and you reply "What did you say?"
You know you're a Deafie if you've ever wore a body worn aid or a body worn auditory trainer with that sexy harness!
You know you're a Deafie when you're the only one who slept through that earthquake/thunderstorm/person falling off their bunk/windstorm/noisy event last night.
You know you're a Deafie when you tap people on the shoulder to "call" them or say "hi"
You know you're a Deafie when you turn your hearing aids/CI off on people when you get mad at them
You know you're a Deafie when.........

deafdyke said:
You know you're a Deafie when someone tells you you speechread/lipread well and you reply "What did you say?"

:rofl: THis is the most ironic thing.. It happened to me.. I asked them to repeat and they were like, "oh you cannot lipread?" but I did catch that sentence and said, "oh no I can lipread, just sometime when people mumble or speak too fast then it is all over my head... " but it sure made you feeling stupid that you totally missed the question due to the inability to lipread when the question was ABOUT lipreading and you CAN lipread!!

You know you are Deaf when... a hearing person waves and your head turns sharply to see if somebody wants to talk to you but you realize that that person isn't waving for your attention!

you know you're a deafie when our conversations seem to last forever....

*hah. i should not be in here*

You know you're a Deafie when your table arrangement for dining table has nothing in the middle.
You know you're a Deafie when you don't play music in your party and play games instead.
You know you're a Deafie when you have your neighbours knocking at your door complaining at your noises.
You know you're a Deafie when your car makes bad noises and people have to tell you.

Back