Can I interview someone please?!

dhums24

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is Danielle, and I am new to this site : ) I'm glad I came across it to get a better understanding of the Deaf community since I'm majoring in ASL interpreting at Columbia College Chicago.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out by answering a few simple questions for an interview I must conduct for my Deaf Culture class. I'm doing this last minute and need to have it done by 9 AM tomorrow morning so I am in debt to whoever helps me out!

I will post the questions I need answered below and you can send them to my email at scwrigley24@yahoo.com if you are uncomfortable with posting the answers in a response on this site.

Thank you SO much! I really appreciate it and look forward to getting to know you all very soon!

Please include the following information:

Family communication background
Preferred mode of communication
Educational background
First use of ASL, if applicable
Community ties- what communities does the person feel he/she belongs to?
Work background- any communication issues?
Any stories of being treated differently because of deafness?

Unbelievable!! You come to AllDeaf at the last minute to have us do your homework for you! How did you ever get to college in the first place!!

I will take pity, lol...know how much sucks last minute homework. Even if own fault ;)

Family communication background --- English. Family all hearies. They learn signs when discover I deaf. SEE mostly.

Preferred mode communication --- ASL

Educational background --- graduate high school, current university student

First use ASL --- school

Community ties --- deaf community, knit club, uni students

Work background --- theatre high school, now office. Same communication problems anywhere with hearies. Nothing pen paper won't fix.

Treat different --- sometimes, mainly people not know me. People uneducated.

I refuse to be a lab rat. Sorry.

Oh Sunny, you're too nice! Considering the OP's first post is "do my work"... I say "you're SOL".

Normally I say no, but last week I stay up until 5am do last minute assignment I procrastinate. Feeling suck! Lol.

I will take pity, lol...know how much sucks last minute homework. Even if own fault ;)

Family communication background --- English. Family all hearies. They learn signs when discover I deaf. SEE mostly.

Preferred mode communication --- ASL

Educational background --- graduate high school, current university student

First use ASL --- school

Community ties --- deaf community, knit club, uni students

Work background --- theatre high school, now office. Same communication problems anywhere with hearies. Nothing pen paper won't fix.

Treat different --- sometimes, mainly people not know me. People uneducated.
"I was wondering if anyone could help me out by answering a few simple questions for an interview I must conduct for my Deaf Culture class. I'm doing this last minute and need to have it done by 9 AM tomorrow morning so I am in debt to whoever helps me out!"
Hey sunny the OP is in debt to you, you have an asking price ??

"I was wondering if anyone could help me out by answering a few simple questions for an interview I must conduct for my Deaf Culture class. I'm doing this last minute and need to have it done by 9 AM tomorrow morning so I am in debt to whoever helps me out!"
Hey sunny the OP is in debt to you, you have an asking price ??

:hmm:

Dammit! Should name price first!

Last minute kinda reflects how much you care......

"Hi, how are you, can I copy the answers on your homework? I would have done it myself, but I was too busy doing..." anything else.

-.- all this stuff's making me wonder how you all are going to react when I get into an ASL class, and subsequently might need an interview.......

Maybe she thinks it's All Sweet Love? Or A Simple Living?

Maybe she have legitimate reason not have one homework assignment not be #1 priority? Last week, not only I do one assignment four hour before due, I also skip one altogether. :dunno: We not know her situation. ,maybe she just slacker, not care her studies...maybe she like me, really just appreciate helping hand.

Maybe she have legitimate reason not have one homework assignment not be #1 priority? Last week, not only I do one assignment four hour before due, I also skip one altogether. :dunno: We not know her situation. ,maybe she just slacker, not care her studies...maybe she like me, really just appreciate helping hand.

Maybe, but it seems like she knew this assignment had to be done well in advance. I think the professor intended to have the students make face to face contacts with the deaf and ask if they could ask them some questions for class assignment. If she put that much effort into it, she might have gotten a couple to do it as long as she was nice about it and not demanding of it as if to say "If you don't reply to me soon it's going to be your fault I flunk my assignment!". Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. If it was a genuine request two weeks ago and she was pleasant about it, I would have kindly steered her towards some threads with instructions to PM the person before using their statements on a homework assignment. Heck some here might have directed her to a deaf event in her area. But no, she decided to slack and try to throw her homework on us. I just hope someone here doesn't end up having her as an interpreter if this is the best she is willing to do. I can tell she is smart, but simply she is too smart to be this lazy. JMHO.

Back