Spartan race!

Caroleee

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm signing up for the Spartan race in Malibu, ca in november 2011. Entry level is 3k race with obstacles, mud run, rope climbing, physical obstacles, all kinds of crazy things. I'm so excited to do this. Bring the pain!

I wanted to know if anyone has ever done this race?

I just looked up Spartan Race and it's just like Warrior Dash. Tough Mudder is much tougher and I just finished Tough Mudder in Vermont few months ago... and it was miserable. freezing. I was on the verge of hypothermia... injured my knees and leg... ran with tons of rocks and mud inside my shoes from start to end...

but good luck! don't get injured!

Today I started day 1 of my training. I figured I need to work on my endurance, cardio, and upper body strength. Any suggestions?

I just looked up Spartan Race and it's just like Warrior Dash. Tough Mudder is much tougher and I just finished Tough Mudder in Vermont few months ago... and it was miserable. freezing. I was on the verge of hypothermia... injured my knees and leg... ran with tons of rocks and mud inside my shoes from start to end...

but good luck! don't get injured!

Oh jeez. So Spartan race is easier? That's ok with me seeing it's my first time

Wirelessly posted

Sorry I cannot help you train. I'm in Maryland. I am trying to get into shape for a 3k race. Nothing special, just a typical run. Maybe next year I will do a Spartan or Warrior Dash race.

Good luck with your training!!!

Today I started day 1 of my training. I figured I need to work on my endurance, cardio, and upper body strength. Any suggestions?

do the trail running instead. gym workout doesn't do diddly squat :lol:

Oh jeez. So Spartan race is easier? That's ok with me seeing it's my first time

well - compared to Tough Mudder.... yes Spartan Race is easier (I'm referring to Spartan Sprint) because Tough Mudder is 10-12 miles with multiple of miserable obstacles.

Reading descriptions from Spartan Race site... Spartan Beast seems like it's just like Tough Mudder.

You'll be fine. Just take it easy and don't push yourself to the limit. One competitor died of heat stroke in Kansas - Tough Mudder (or was it Warrior Dash?). I saw a racer who fell down from rope ladder and got a foot injury. and bunch more. Permanent/Bad injury is not worth it and you can always try it again next time.

Better injured pride than injured limb :)

Back