VRS on strike

zerodog

Reaction score
Look like FCC cut the large amount to Sorenson...

Next victim list... is Purple then ZVRS or ZVRS to Purple...

Purple or ZVRS isn't prepare for that while Sorenson is large 85%.... Without Sorenson... Purple and ZVRS wouldn't make that happen...

It all about race to quality service...

Again... 3.89 the third tier is Sorenson... I don't know about Purple or ZVRS level. VRS is going down or stay float? Reason... Purple or ZVRS will next tier level three/third would disaster all for us.

This is true, please remember, it is not just for the biggest VRS, it is for ALL relay service providers. You got it right, including IP based text relay service.

The biggest VRS will see more than 45% cut on rate, that is something that no VRS companies can absorb the costs cut at this magitude.

If 45% cuts were passed by FCC, there will be domino effect starting with SVRS, and will hit Purple which could easily overwhelm and may not be able to expand fast and meet holding time. If they fail to meet holding time maximum time, then FCC will not pay them, this can ultimate kick Purple out, then ZVRS and so forth. This could easily wipe out the whole relay service industry. This is scary scenario, because not just employees at VRS depend them, there are hundred thousand of Deaf people working for any compaies that makes relay calls to do their job. E911 could halt which leaves risk to those who may need 911 services. I can't even explain more on what could affect.

We have until May 14 to take action. DO NOT wait if you want to keep Relay service. Please visit FCC website and fill in petition.

My heart goes to Deaf community, and I am STILL Relay user and customers.

DHB

Deadline for FCC comments is May 14th. If we do not do anything, we can kiss VRS industry goodbye by end of this year, and refer back to TTY.

Many of you think it would affect only major VRS company, this would be grave mistake because it can affect all VRS companies because once the major VRS company goes down, it will cause other VRS companies go down too.

Check in ED Telcom alert, the owner of ConvoRelay is very concern too Check his website Ed’s Telecom Alert

If 45% cuts were passed by FCC, Purple will go down easily since it still owes FCC 18 millions dollars.

In my opinon, Purple is on it's last legs anyway. Purple owers 13 million back to NECA and rumor going around Purple owe 50 million to the SEC.

How is Purple going to be able to pay all that back ?

Oh well, shame on you Purple for defrauding the deaf community .. Again , my opinon...

Please contact the FCC and tell them you do NOT want to go back to TTY.

Submit a Filing

Sorenson Alert:

FCC Threatens Future of Video Relay Service!

really ?! are you serious?! TDD?! I don't think FCC will let VRS's fall completely. They spent millions already for VRS companies to provide those services. IT would be a bad move on thier part. Even if sorenson does file bankrupty, it doesnt mean they gonna stop providing services if they can help it. FCC already has seen the positive effect of having VRS's so they will do whatever it takes to keep it going. FCC just needs a way to know how the money is spent by the VRS's better then they know now.

IF sorenson falls like the roman empire, then purple and other VRS's will take up the slack and they will rocket out of thier own money issues and etc due to more mins. The fraud would only be a memory. You never know if someone decides to take over sorenson VRS communications and split it up into new division. You never know.

HISTORY HAS PROVEN TO REPEAT ITSELF!!!!

it is terrible screw up on figure out make correct I notice reading big huge really happened screw up, I Know really happened company screw up that is why you econcemy or money waste of time spend money, they prove how aware you figure.

VRS providers simply need to become more aware of technology. There are devices in the orient that will easily replace all the ones we have here. I for one do not use the vp 200 anymore, as I like to watch my tv programs without interruptions. I use my trusty "cheap" netbook for all my VRS communications needs. And then again since most of my calls are to my peers I rarely use the VRS. But to propose a solution, it is time that all these providers actually start looking at toher means of technologies. From hard times comes innovation. Time to start thimking outside the box for real!!

VRS providers simply need to become more aware of technology. There are devices in the orient that will easily replace all the ones we have here. I for one do not use the vp 200 anymore, as I like to watch my tv programs without interruptions. I use my trusty "cheap" netbook for all my VRS communications needs. And then again since most of my calls are to my peers I rarely use the VRS. But to propose a solution, it is time that all these providers actually start looking at toher means of technologies. From hard times comes innovation. Time to start thimking outside the box for real!!

whatever you say not using vrs means no income for any vrs providers no new technlogy no new viedo phone you want that?

IF sorenson falls like the roman empire, then purple and other VRS's will take up the slack and they will rocket out of thier own money issues and etc due to more mins. The fraud would only be a memory. You never know if someone decides to take over sorenson VRS communications and split it up into new division. You never know.

HISTORY HAS PROVEN TO REPEAT ITSELF!!!!

other vrs providers will use $3.89 tier after the slack no help there

In my opinon, Purple is on it's last legs anyway. Purple owers 13 million back to NECA and rumor going around Purple owe 50 million to the SEC.

How is Purple going to be able to pay all that back ?

Oh well, shame on you Purple for defrauding the deaf community .. Again , my opinon...

Its not defrauding. FCC made a new rule which is into effect on past/present. The employments CANNOT use same company as their provider otherwise it gonna be owe. Its abit sticky situation. Yes, its ur opinion however it cannot be use it for speak up purpose, no evidence. :]

P.s Purple owe about 28mil, thats it. They are working on paying off whats left debit.

Its not defrauding. FCC made a new rule which is into effect on past/present. The employments CANNOT use same company as their provider otherwise it gonna be owe. Its abit sticky situation. Yes, its ur opinion however it cannot be use it for speak up purpose, no evidence. :]

P.s Purple owe about 28mil, thats it. They are working on paying off whats left debit.

Purple should pay off it due to July 1??

vrs company employees CAN use their own service, but company can't bill for those minutes. vrs company can seperate those calls and list the "break even" cost as part of their expenses of doing business. im guessing that some companies were billing at full rate for interpreting calls for their employees. some companies may have even hired deaf employees so they could increase their earnings/profit. so this law prevents vrs companies from profiting by hiring deaf employees to make calls. if a company bills trs fund and 50% of its calls are generated by their employees, that is not a good use of the funds. then the fund is being used to support vrs company, not to make telephones accessible to all deaf people. great politically if most of your employees are deaf, but if they are hired to produce revenue so the company can exist, bad business plan. company needs to show it is valued by customers, not just employees.

Back