Miss Deaf America upset she's unseen at Super Bowl

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
The media newspaper article about The NAD Miss Deaf America, Rachel Mazique unseen on television at Super Bowl.

Miss Deaf America upset she's unseen at Super Bowl - DailyHerald.com

I don't understand why the recent Superbowl's signer not having a showtime on TV. The Deaf communities all over the USA are upset that she did not appear on TV and are taking action. Why didn't the Deaf communities do that few years ago or even last year?

I know, I didn't see her with sign language on Super Bowl stadium. I thought many deaf people were upset for didn't see her in stadium. That's why did her not attend on Super Bowl. They want deaf person with sign langauge with singers sing American national athem on Super Bowl.

I don't know who she is, but I feel disrespected. Disrespected because I'm deaf just like she is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a_02NOuKi4]Miss Deaf America upset she's unseen at Super Bowl. Why now? why not last year? - YouTube[/ame]

Candice Villesca on Dallas Fox News
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtp4Pqrc08w]Candice Villesca on Dallas Fox News - YouTube[/ame]

Interview of Candice Villesca
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEf4t8yBsn8[/ame]

oh my god candy is all grown up. my god she took her brace off and does not look like shes a kid anymore. lol does she still eat candy. lol freakycandy.

p.s. poweron goooood job!!! ;)

I didn't even know Miss Deaf America was going to be in the Super Bowl.

The same thing happened last year. I read about it in the newspaper. So, we got all excited to see Candy on television... only to see her for 2 to 3 seconds. Oh yeah, she signed the song correctly... while Christina messed up when she sang the song. :roll:

If they're going to have these people sign at the Super Bowl, they might as well have them on television... the full version!

I know, I didn't see her with sign language on Super Bowl stadium. I thought many deaf people were upset for didn't see her in stadium. That's why did her not attend on Super Bowl. They want deaf person with sign langauge with singers sing American national athem on Super Bowl.

Huh? Are you saying, she didn't come to Super Bowl to do the ASL performer?

oh my god candy is all grown up. my god she took her brace off and does not look like shes a kid anymore. lol does she still eat candy. lol freakycandy.

p.s. poweron goooood job!!! ;)

Seem you was surprise about it. Okay, next time when I have new video, I'm going to post the link in your FB wall! Oh wait.. I don't think I seen your around in FB. Hmmm....

6 out of 10 ASL performer appear in Super Bowl nationwide TV.

I confess I forgot about it this year because I didn't see her. But I have seen them in past years.

Seem you was surprise about it. Okay, next time when I have new video, I'm going to post the link in your FB wall! Oh wait.. I don't think I seen your around in FB. Hmmm....

Sorry ... feel free to post it on my walls any time :)

Maybe so,,But its still wrong to ignore her cause shes deaf.

well - suing NBC about this would trivialize our cause and may makes us look bad too.

it's better to raise issue about this thru publicity. if "sue sue sue" is answer to every problem, you won't get far in life. it's laziness and ignorance.

It seems courts are there to make you rich! Because of the stupid juries. How you think O.J Simpson got off the hook? Because of his Defense lawyers make the juries stupid. They played that tape of Mark Furhman being racist. That tape gave the Jury a reason to free O.J Simpson.

She could sue NBC for false pretense. After all she was ask to appear at the Super Bowl to sign the song and could resonable have been expected to have been shown on TV. Would not the hearing person asked to voice the song expect the same?

It seems courts are there to make you rich! Because of the stupid juries. How you think O.J Simpson got off the hook? Because of his Defense lawyers make the juries stupid. They played that tape of Mark Furhman being racist. That tape gave the Jury a reason to free O.J Simpson.

um...... his defense lawyers proved beyond reasonable doubt that police messed up and fabricated stuff.

what are jurors supposed to do? find him guilty on the basis that police mishandled it and fabricated it? if police did their job properly, then jurors would have no problem convicting him within few minutes. case closed but no.... they have conscience... they cannot in their right consciences convict OJ Simpson based on lies and mishandling by police officers.

Back