You know when you're a grandparent when...

LoveBlue

Reaction score
... your kids are grown and you have:

A car seat in your car
A mirror to see if the kid is finally asleep so you can stop somewhere (shady) & read a book while s/he naps
A stroller in the trunk
A crib, high chair, some toys & books in the spare room
More toys & books in the living room
Sippy cups & rubber tipped spoons in the kichen
Covers on outlets
"Locks" on cabinets

When all other babies are *almost* as cute as your grandchild.

Like my baby grandson who is the cutest baby. I do have a granddaughter who was very cute when she was a baby. She is about now 2 years old, I think. She is still adorable at her age. I have three older teenage granddaughters. They are beautiful girls.

That is the reason why I am going back to USA from Canada to stay with my family so that I can spend time with them. Looking forward to seeing them. Anxious to go in September. **fingers cross**

Like my baby grandson who is the cutest baby. I do have a granddaughter who was very cute when she was a baby. She is about now 2 years old, I think. She is still adorable at her age. I have three older teenage granddaughters. They are beautiful girls.

That is the reason why I am going back to USA from Canada to stay with my family so that I can spend time with them. Looking forward to seeing them. Anxious to go in September. **fingers cross**

that's sweet. you are in my prayers that you will come back to USA real soon!

... your kids are grown and you have:

A car seat in your car
A mirror to see if the kid is finally asleep so you can stop somewhere (shady) & read a book while s/he naps
A stroller in the trunk
A crib, high chair, some toys & books in the spare room
More toys & books in the living room
Sippy cups & rubber tipped spoons in the kichen
Covers on outlets
"Locks" on cabinets

I may be the one who is unsure. the quote is that sounds like its for parents, but why grandparents? :hmm: maybe it makes sense to grandparents im trying. lol

Because we got rid of all that stuff, or put in storage, years ago & now it's all back in our lives if we have the opportunity to babysit the grandbabies. The only thing I had when my grandson was born last August was my antique crib. I set it up in the spare room for when they might come visit from Utah. Then they moved back "home", staying at his parents for now, in April, so I've been accumulating things since they've needed me to babysit a few times due to SILs surgery.

Many of the things originally mentioned were not available, required when she had children. Now she has them and equates that with grandparenting.

Many of the things originally mentioned were not available, required when she had children. Now she has them and equates that with grandparenting.

??

I had that stuff when I had my kids. And now I have a grandchild who I occasionally babysit and it's easier if I have my own things for the baby than having to "transfer" it from my daughter to me every time I babysit.

Back